Author Topic: A moment of glee  (Read 1625 times)

Offline PyroMenace

A moment of glee
« on: Friday, February 22, 2008, 01:52:42 AM »
Everybody always has that someone they like, whether it be a crush on a celebrity or the next door neighbor you've never said a word to or even your best friend, when you get over one person, another is just going to take its place. Its human instinct.

Mine just IMed me the other morning and it was like a shot of morphine, I don't hear from her too much as she keeps herself rather busy, Im usually the one to say something. We talked for a good hour and a half, stayed up way longer than I should, then she had to go to class. But thats really as far as I am willing to push. No hanging up on the idea of possibilities, I get my moment of high and then press on. Things are really too perfect the way they are with the person right now. I'll see her whenever I'm in her neck of the woods, or say a hi every few weeks or so, but that'll be it. Just little spurts of excitement about her is all I really want. Besides, if some miracle did happen and we did hook up, she'd be the type of person I'd end up dropping everything for and no one would end up hearing from me for a long time because I'd fall so hard, and thats rather unhealthy. So I'm going to let cooler heads prevail and just live the small moments and that'll be it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: A moment of glee
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 22, 2008, 08:19:57 AM »
Sounds like a smart enough plan to me.  But yeah, I remember those days.  It's obviously different for me now, but there's nothing that beats that feeling, really.  It's that feeling that makes everybody miss being single just a little, even if they're in a good relationship.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 22, 2008, 08:41:06 AM »
If you like her then you should go out with her. How is it unhealthy? Its more unhealthy to convince yourself that you should keep your distance.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 22, 2008, 11:37:55 AM »
I did actually push for something harder when I was first getting to know her, but I kept getting signals that she wasn't wanting anything, at the time she was hung up on someone else. But as for going through the motions of having a full on crush with her... no thanks, that shit is unhealthy. Besides, I do actually go out with her, and if there was something more that she wanted then I think I could easily read the signals. Though our discussion last time was how much our signal reading sucked...

My plan is better... trust me.