Author Topic: Everyday Shooter now on PC  (Read 2607 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Everyday Shooter now on PC
« on: Thursday, May 08, 2008, 05:05:17 PM »
Sadly, on Steam.

Lets hope for a non-Steam version.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Everyday Shooter now on PC
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 08, 2008, 05:27:51 PM »
We can hope, but we won't get one.  Doesn't matter to me anyway, I guess, since I got it on PSN already.  It's cool beans.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 08, 2008, 05:30:49 PM »
$9?  I might just check that out.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 08, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »
For anyone not turned off by it being on Steam, you should definitely check it out, I have it on my PS3 and its pretty fun.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 08, 2008, 06:47:32 PM »
It's quite fun.  Not as intense or fast-paced as Geometry Wars, but it's good fun.  It's sort of a more artistic and inspired version of GW, except it's also got the addition of every level having a slightly different gimmick in terms of how you score the most points.  I can be a little tough for feeling so casual, but there are also some great extra options like different graphics filters and stuff you can unlock.  If you enjoy the inherent gameplay, it's pretty hard to go wrong with it.  Some great original music, too (giving it a slightly Rez-like feel).

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 09:28:22 AM »
Wait you people still hate Steam?  With all the bullshit going on in the PC gaming industry recently, Steam is starting to look a lot better in my eyes.  Sure, when it came out I was bullshit but it's really becoming the lesser of two evils.  Not only that, but it really seems like Steam is singlehandedly holding together a large chunk of the PC market that is otherwise lost on piracy.  If it enables developers to sell more games on the PC and make more money on the PC, then we'll start seeing better and better things.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 11:14:04 AM »
Fuck Steam, fuck Valve, fuck Lombardi and his fat bitch Newell.  Yes, I still hate Steam.  Steam *is* the bullshit going on in the PC gaming industry.  Oh I grant you it's a somewhat logical step given many of the other problems, but it's one of those things that people put up with simply because the other bullshit drives them into it.  That doesn't make it good, it just makes it an easy escape route, one that ends up offering consumers absolutely no (significant) benefits of any kind.  Instead, they just put up with the new problems because they're too lazy to get off their fat fucking asses to go to the store and buy a game.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »
I could go on a tirade right now about how Steam refuses to fucking update my shit properly and how downloading a simple exe patch like all non-Steam games is a million times better. Ever since the big TF2 update I have been unable to play any of my Steam games.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 12:44:07 PM »
I um, I kind of like it now....

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 02:03:28 PM »
Fuck Steam, fuck Valve, fuck Lombardi and his fat bitch Newell.  Yes, I still hate Steam.  Steam *is* the bullshit going on in the PC gaming industry.

It's the leader of the bullshit, the trail blazer.  Thanks to Steam, we can look forward to less ownership and more control in PC gaming.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »
My fear is always what happens if Valve folds.  They've always said they'll release a patch that unlocks it, but since you don't own physical copies of some (or any) of the games, where do you get it from?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »
That's the most scary thought associated with it.  I should clarify what I mean when I say I like it.  I like STEAM as a place where you can find and buy games either not sold in stores or no longer sold in stores.  It has a definite use for that.  Sure, indipendant games have always been available on the PC, but how many more copies do you think Aquaria would have actually sold if it was a STEAM game?  Beyond that, I think it makes a good online hub for TF2 and DoD.

The rest of it sucks.  The copy protection, the zero price cutback from the retailer version, the bugs, the lockouts and forced updates. 

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 12:45:28 AM »
Back to Everyday Shooter...I highly reccomend it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 01:02:03 AM »
It's quite impressive that one guy did the whole thing.  I mean, it seems like it could be a one-man project until you factor in some of the creativity in level design and the music.  It's cool that he had a good hold on all that stuff and brought it together so well.  A lot of people wouldn't be multifaceted enough for that.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 02:04:19 AM »
Wow, that is really impressive.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 04:20:33 PM »
HOLY SHIT, IT'S LIKE GODDAMN CRACK

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 05:38:57 PM »
I want to play...

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 08:51:48 PM »
You should buy it.  $9 and it's a pretty small download. 

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:40:02 PM »
Just bought the game for $8.99 on Steam.  I'll tell you what, it is pretty damn sweet.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 10:20:43 PM »
Oh yes, easily worth the money.  Not the easiest game out there though.