Author Topic: Space Invaders Extreme  (Read 1430 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Space Invaders Extreme
« on: Sunday, June 15, 2008, 03:26:15 AM »
This is coming out next week and theres a good amount of positive buzz surrounding it. It looks like a perfect pick up and play game for the portables. Ive been playing a good amount of my DS recently and this is peaking my interest. Its pretty much Space Invaders with a new upgraded look and a more hectic and addictive gameplay... so well... its extreme.

Here's a vid.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Space Invaders Extreme
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 15, 2008, 09:43:33 AM »
Yeah, I heard some really great buzz about this a while back too.  It's looking like a surprisingly good game... I've got my eye on it.  Lately I could use something like that.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Space Invaders Extreme
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 23, 2008, 04:25:51 AM »
Well I picked it up today and its pretty much exactly what I expected and hoped it would be. It starts off simple and relatively easy then it ramps up gradually as your progress through each stage. The stages each has a boss and they are inventive in the ways you fight them. Ive gotten down the flow of the game for the most part. Basically your aiming to kill enemies of the same color in a row, if you kill 4 like colored enemies they will drop a weapon power up that will last you about 10 seconds, each color has its own type of weapon power-up but they are all pretty useful, you easily take out formations of guys with these weapons. So the goal is to keep a chain going by killing enemies of similar color in packs as they will keep dropping weapon power-ups, and you then can get a chain going scoring more points. There are UFO enemies that will hover across the screen, some of those will activate bonus rounds or other random bonuses. If you complete a bonus round you will go into fever mode which ramps up your ship with a really powerful gun so it becomes an all out shoot fest.

Its pretty freakin addicting, theres all kinds of various invader enemies the game throws at you, ones with shields, some with quick movement behaviors, some with powerful weapons. It keeps you on your toes and even when you hit a game over screen you cant help but want to try again and keep playing to get further. Plus the game is retailing for only 20 bucks, which is more than worth it.