Author Topic: Devil May Cry 4 is out!  (Read 7823 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Devil May Cry 4 is out!
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 12:22:14 AM »
Yeah, it's really hard to go back to Dante after Nero.  You're right, it's still totally fun and Dante has his advantages, but the whole demon hand thing with Nero is really the star of the show.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 01:10:46 PM »
I finally got my taste of DMC4! Definitely the best of the series (in my opinion). I'm having a lot more fun with it than DMC3 for sure.

And I finally saw those lesbian ghost demon thingies we were all talking about early on. Funny stuff.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 04:40:13 PM »
Yeah, I laughed when I got to that part and remembered Que saying that the truth is actually a whole lot weirder.  Good times.  I've had the game crash on my twice during cut scenes though, which wouldn't be all that big of a deal, except on both occasions it was at the cut scene at the end of a tedious level.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 09:01:33 PM »
Yeah, I laughed when I got to that part and remembered Que saying that the truth is actually a whole lot weirder.  Good times.  I've had the game crash on my twice during cut scenes though, which wouldn't be all that big of a deal, except on both occasions it was at the cut scene at the end of a tedious level.
I've had the same thing happen to me. It crashed 2 or 3 times on me and only during cutscenes. I'm not sure what's causing it but I tried different video settings; setting the native resolution and switching off VSYNC seems to help, no crashes yet.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 08:25:27 AM »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »
Sersiously, why do big sites like Gamespot wait 2-3 weeks to review PC ports of games?  It happens quite a bit and it seems kind of strange.  Obviously it's not the biggest deal - if you want  a generalized review of the game, go read one from one of the other versions, but chances are people have already done that and are looking for insight on technical issues.  If it was Christmas or something it'd be understandable, but between the release of the game and the posting of the review there was about 2 weeks without any reviews on Gamespot PC.  What gives?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 01:52:37 PM »
Sersiously, why do big sites like Gamespot wait 2-3 weeks to review PC ports of games?  It happens quite a bit and it seems kind of strange.  Obviously it's not the biggest deal - if you want  a generalized review of the game, go read one from one of the other versions, but chances are people have already done that and are looking for insight on technical issues.  If it was Christmas or something it'd be understandable, but between the release of the game and the posting of the review there was about 2 weeks without any reviews on Gamespot PC.  What gives?
They've been doing that more often lately. It might just be that the current reviewers are just swamped, what with a lot of people jumping ship recently.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 03:02:00 PM »
Sersiously, why do big sites like Gamespot wait 2-3 weeks to review PC ports of games?  It happens quite a bit and it seems kind of strange.
I don't think it's strange, when probably the reviewers are probably pressed by the higher-ups when a game is multi-platformed simultaneously for PC and consoles, that they want them to get console reviews out first.

Obviously it's not the biggest deal - if you want  a generalized review of the game, go read one from one of the other versions, but chances are people have already done that and are looking for insight on technical issues.  If it was Christmas or something it'd be understandable, but between the release of the game and the posting of the review there was about 2 weeks without any reviews on Gamespot PC.  What gives?
I think it'd be easiest to do all the multi-platform reviews for one game at the same time, myself -- like what was more common in the older days for multi-platformed PC and console games. That way, they wouldn't have to a separate PC and console reviews.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 06:00:42 PM »
I don't think it's strange, when probably the reviewers are probably pressed by the higher-ups when a game is multi-platformed simultaneously for PC and consoles, that they want them to get console reviews out first.
I think it'd be easiest to do all the multi-platform reviews for one game at the same time, myself -- like what was more common in the older days for multi-platformed PC and console games. That way, they wouldn't have to a separate PC and console reviews.

The thing is that the game hit consoles at least 6 months before the PC.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 06:54:39 PM »
The thing is that the game hit consoles at least 6 months before the PC.

I wasn't referring to this general; I was talking about in general, when multi-platformed console and PC games get same day releases -- see Oblivion and Bioshock (PC and X360).

DMC4 PC, Fable PC, GoW PC, Mass Effect PC -- those are not games I'm referring to. Those games got console versions first, PC ports LATER.

Quote from: The Great MysterD