Author Topic: Pac-Man Championship Edition for Xbox Live.  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Pac-Man Championship Edition for Xbox Live.
« on: Thursday, June 07, 2007, 06:54:57 PM »
Man, reading it makes me miss my Pac-Man days!  Anybody tried it out?  It's probably small, so I might actually be able to download this to my memory stick.  That'd be kinda' nice.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition for Xbox Live.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 07, 2007, 06:57:37 PM »
Damn that seems pretty cool, I can see one of my friends getting this on his 360, so maybe I'll get a chance to play it.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 08, 2007, 12:58:53 AM »
That actually looks cool too. I dig the mix of the old pixel art with sharp glowy effects. Pretty brilliant really, considering how the original games looked on an arcade screen.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 08, 2007, 02:23:53 AM »
I have the trial version.  It's good.  PacMan mechanics with pretty artwork.  It's continuous, although since it's only 3 minutes before it times out, I don't know if eventually it gives you new mazes.  (I think it does, from what I read.)  As you eat up everything in sight, new areas of dots and fruit will pop up in the maze.  You then go after those, and so on.  At $10 without having to leave this chair, it's tempting.

Edit:  Having read the review, now I'm not as tempted.  All the modes are timed, with emphasis on scoring big points in a short time.  I had assumed the meat of the game was still endless survival.  I'm in no hurry here.  I'll just hold off for a bit until I get a better feel for where my dime would be going.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 18, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »
I caught some MS Points on sale at Target and I'm considering dropping 800 points on this.  Did anyone ever bite?  If so, what do you think of the game?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 18, 2008, 03:14:22 PM »
Yes.  I did.  This is the definitive PacMan game, direct from the PacMan author.  If you like PacMan, you must have this.

Edit:  This review saves me a lot of thinking and typing.  :)

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 18, 2008, 04:25:36 PM »
I believe I posted on this a long while back when it first came out. Its awesome and super addictive, I was surprised nobody else seemed to get into it.