Author Topic: Wrath of the Lich King Launch Event - Zombie Plague  (Read 2498 times)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Wrath of the Lich King Launch Event - Zombie Plague
« on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 12:00:04 PM »
With WotLK just 3 weeks away, as they did with the release of The Burning Crusade, there is now a world event occuring in WoW.

There's a plague spreading from zombies that attack the major cities as well as suspicious crates.  If you get hit you are infected and in 10 minutes or sooner, you become a zombie!  When you're a zombie you can communicate with other zombies, you'll have special zombie abilities (in place of your character's normal abilities), but you'll be attacked on site by city guards and other players.

If you die you become normal again, but you can always get yourself infected again.

Seems like a pretty cool world event, and I think Que and some other people will really enjoy this event.  There's likely more to happen as it has just launched yesterday.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Wrath of the Lich King Launch Event - Zombie Plague
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 12:32:26 PM »
Ah fuck, I want in on that!

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »
Heh, that's pretty neat. Blizzard always does really good in-game stuff like this. I wish more developers would catch on.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 06:23:11 PM »
Arg!  STOP THE TEMPTATIONS.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 07:06:34 PM »
So far it doesn't seem very widespread, mainly because the plague can be cleansed off by paladins, priests, and a few NPC healers in town.  When it does happen, it's usually just one or two people and they get mowed down in a city. 

It needs to feel a little more widespread and zombies need to work together or something, but it hasn't happened yet. 

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 10:07:51 PM »
For some reason I couldn't coleanse it off tonight on my paladin. I know a pally cleansed it off me yesterday though. I wonder if they hotfixed it so you can't anymore.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 24, 2008, 12:34:24 AM »
I know it tends to 'fail' the cleanse.  On my priest Abolish Disease might have to tick its full duration, if not a second cast before I can dispel it off.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 06:25:20 AM »
This is pretty cool. Now once infected, the plague will take its toll in 2 minutes instead of 10 and theres now those floating necropolises outside of major cities and various zones, similar to what happened when Naxx was coming. I got destroyed earlier when I took a portal to Stormwind, there was an army of undead waiting for me at the mage terrace, they pretty much knock them down as they port in. There was skeleton corpses everywhere.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 26, 2008, 12:11:44 PM »
Yea, seems like the plague is starting to be more widespread, which is a lot cooler.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2008, 05:19:43 AM »
I give you, Olathin, Slayer of Undead.

So yea, this is the Battlegear of Undead Slaying that you can get if you kill enough scourge mobs and necrotic runes that they drop. Theres a set for each armor type: plate, mail, leather, cloth and having every piece increases your damage against undead. I got extremely lucky and managed to get the chest and pants quick. It was actually the first time I jumped in on the invasion attacks. Normally theres a whole crowd of people surrounding the stones which the scourge spawn around, but I ended up grouping with this mage and an invasion was starting in Tenaris. So we port there, end up being the first ones there, so we start tearing undead face like crazy. A rare mob pops up, took it down, the plate pants drop for me. Then after killing off enough scourge mobs, elites can now be fought if you go and talk to one of the shadow casters near the undead stone. The mage and I manage to take down 3 of them. The last one ended up dropping the chest. After that we quit, I managed to have enough necrotic runes to buy the other 2 pieces from the Quartermaster. Kick fucking ass. Though to be honest, the gear is of little use to a prot warrior, but hey, I can kick undead ass with style now.