Author Topic: NVIDIA Releases The First WHQL Windows Vista Drivers  (Read 2955 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
NVIDIA Releases The First WHQL Windows Vista Drivers
« on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 02:52:35 PM »
NVIDIA is the first to release some WHQL Certified drivers for Windows Vista:
http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=12789

Posted by John JCal Callaham on Wednesday October 18, 2006 - 02:01 PM

» NVIDIA Windows Vista Drivers Released

NVIDIA sent over a press release announcing that they are the first company to offer officially approved Windows Vista drivers for their Geforce line of graphics drivers. The new drivers have been approved for Vista by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You can download both x86 Vista drivers along with x64 Vista drivers from NVIDIA's web site. You can check out Vista WHQL supported NVIDIA products right here.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: NVIDIA Releases The First WHQL Windows Vista Drivers
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 06:41:12 PM »
Is this really a gaming topic?  Borderline at best.  Anyway, I guess it's good news that people are coming up with drivers for Vista to work.  Not sure what else to say.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »
Is this really a gaming topic?  Borderline at best.  Anyway, I guess it's good news that people are coming up with drivers for Vista to work.  Not sure what else to say.

What else we need is for StarForce to update their drivers so their copypright-protected games will work on Vista -- and to make StarForce less vicious on PC's, too. Better than that suggestion is we need more game publishers and developers to just make patches to remove the need of SF from their game.

I figured Vista drivers for vid cards would've been out closer to the release of Vista, not now....even though Vista's not really too far away.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 19, 2006, 01:46:50 PM »
The INQ says it fixes a lot of things, but makes some worse.

I won't cut and paste since it is quite long:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35218