Author Topic: More absurdity from those receiving bailouts.  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
More absurdity from those receiving bailouts.
« on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 01:10:03 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28793175/

He got an additional bailout of 20 billion, after he only recently rushed a bonus to employees of 3-4 billion. Yes, a bonus.

Here is how much he spent renovating his office:

$1.22 million to revamp office
When John Thain became Merrill Lynch’s CEO in early 2008, he hired Michael S. Smith Design to revamp his office suite, spending approximately $1.22 million according to documents.

The following is a list of the items in his suite:

— Area Rug: $87,784
— Mahogany Pedestal Table: $25,713
— 19th Century Credenza: $68,179
— Pendant Light Furniture: $19,751
— 4 Pairs of Curtains: $28,091
— Pair of Guest Chairs: $87,784
— George IV Chair: $18,468
— 6 Wall Sconces: $2,741
— Parchment Waste Can: $1,405
— Roman Shade Fabric: $10,967
— Roman Shades: $7,315
— Coffee Table: $5,852
— Commode on Legs: $35,115 

The guy looks like such a complete dick too. I want to punch him:

After the fiasco that was the auto industry bailout, you've gotta wonder what the hell is up with these clowns...
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 02:08:37 AM by Pugnate »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: More absurdity from those receiving bailouts.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 11:09:21 AM »
This nation is the most corrupt it has ever been.  These people should be shot or hung, or hung and then shot while being hung.  I can't believe these people are going unpunished.  Oh no, he got fired!  Poor guy, he'll only get a nice severance package to pile on top of his giant hordes of money.

I like also how the worthless fucking media talks about how he and several other big-wigs didn't get bonuses last year, like that's some big fucking deal, when they were throwing bonuses around for years while running the company into the ground, and accepting TAXPAYER MONEY to bail out a company THEY BOUGHT WHEN THEY KNEW IT WAS FAILING.  Unexpected losses my ass.

We are living the impetus for the French Revolution, and the only way this will stop is if we start executing people.  We need to go reread A Tale of Two Cities and start a mob, otherwise this is on our own heads forevermore.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 11:59:49 AM »
Yea if only he had resigned. I am with you, I just don't understand how there is such little accountability. I was so shocked when the auto execs were clueless as to how much they wanted for a bailout, when they were in front of congress. Never mind the fact that they came in, in private jets. That I actually didn't care so much about... but their attitude showed zero accountability. The fact that they came in with no preparation showed the sort of gung ho and inefficient attitude they had been running their companies with.

We are living the impetus for the French Revolution, and the only way this will stop is if we start executing people.  We need to go reread A Tale of Two Cities and start a mob, otherwise this is on our own heads forevermore.

That actually made me laugh a little. I pictured a Family Guy sorta moment where a massive group of well dressed people gather in a field, and read the books together in a civilized fashion, and then quickly turn into an angry mob as soon as they finish.

I like also how the worthless fucking media talks about how he and several other big-wigs didn't get bonuses last year, like that's some big fucking deal, when they were throwing bonuses around for years while running the company into the ground, and accepting TAXPAYER MONEY to bail out a company THEY BOUGHT WHEN THEY KNEW IT WAS FAILING.  Unexpected losses my ass.

Yes, it is quite upsetting. The guy actually handed out the bonuses well before schedule, before the government could take over and decline them. The sick thing is that 4 billion dollars is a significant portion of the bailout money.

I mean it was a fucking bonus... an incentive for doing a good job.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 12:02:21 PM »
And nothing will be done.  The government is entirely complicit in this.  But we have a bunch of morons running around sucking Obama's dick like he actually matters while the government continues to steal from them and will only get worse now that this desperate and exhausted populace has accepted giving complete power to a dictator.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 02:06:27 PM »
Let's complete the hemlock-party preliminaries.

"I'm as negative as I've ever been," he says, "because everything the government is doing now is going to make the situation much, much worse. They're trying to reflate this bubble. All along I knew that what would potentially be fatal wasn't the recession itself but the government's response. But what they've already done exceeds even my worst-case imagination."

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 02:13:39 PM »
Parchment Waste Can: $1,405

WHAT
THE
FUCK