Author Topic: Elebits: The Adventures of Kai & Zero  (Read 1637 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai & Zero
« on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 04:06:11 PM »

Ok, now I know this game sounds kiddy as hell and a lot of you don't really play the DS, but you have to trust me when I say that there is no way in hell that any kid would ever make it past the first level. Not only is this game awesome, but it's hard as shit. I haven't gotten my ass kicked (fairly) in a game in a very long time. I know you guys won't go out and buy this, but if you have a flashcart you should give this game a chance.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Elebits: The Adventures of Kai & Zero
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 02:08:36 AM »
The one thing i've heard about this game is it's like Zelda, but there's pretty much a unified ammo count on every ability you have to use?  Is this true?

Beyond that, I recently bought a DS, lets turn this into a thread where you recommend shit.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 02:26:09 AM »
Im just going to recommend The World Ends with You because my sig is still themed after it. Think what you want about its emo fashion art style, but just play the damn game, I fucking loved it.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 10:37:54 AM »
The one thing i've heard about this game is it's like Zelda, but there's pretty much a unified ammo count on every ability you have to use?  Is this true?

Beyond that, I recently bought a DS, lets turn this into a thread where you recommend shit.

It has the same idea of Zelda, but its much, much harder than the typical Zelda game. When you use the powers of the Omegas (your collection of allies) you use up watts. You get watts from shaking elebits out of their hiding spots and capturing them. As you get further into the game, the amount of watts you can hold at once increases. You can use watts to use omega powers, open gates, use elevators and upgrade or "evolve" your omegas. I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 07:24:54 PM »
Im just going to recommend The World Ends with You because my sig is still themed after it. Think what you want about its emo fashion art style, but just play the damn game, I fucking loved it.

I just finished it the other day actually.  I didn't think i'd like it because of how anime it is, but it turned out to be a really good game. Elebits sounds interesting, I'll probably check it out.

I also highly recommend Space Invaders Extreme.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 02, 2009, 06:02:35 AM »
Yea Space Invaders Extreme is another great pick up and play one. Also if your a fan of Contra in the slightest, Contra 4 is a necessity.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 08, 2009, 10:00:44 PM »
Big Bang Mini is surprisingly really really fun.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 08, 2009, 10:05:09 PM »
Did anyone ever try Ninjatown?  It looked kinda' fun, and supposedly turned out to be pretty good.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 08, 2009, 11:47:52 PM »
No, but i've seen the game profile on gamespot.  I meant to check out the review, but never got around to it.  I'll get back to you on that.