Author Topic: Castle Crashers is racist  (Read 2933 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Castle Crashers is racist
« on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 01:13:37 PM »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Castle Crashers is racist
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 03:17:02 PM »
I ran across this yesterday through digg.  They linked to some other site (which was still pretty well known) and they just berated the lady.  I can sort of see where she's coming from, obviously her suspicions are kind of out there and somewhat baseless, but yeah...there are a bunch of dudes in European style armour killing a bunch of black dudes.  I'm sure some people could see that as racist.  Not that they're right or anything, but if you look you could see it.

Anyways, I wonder why this is getting so much attention.  It's not like the chick was actually crazy, she was well mannered and pretty well spoken in the message and handled it reasonably.  She's probably just has a hyper-sensitivity to this sort of thing.

So, in the end what are we left with?  Someone saw something that wasn't there.  That's it. They didn't freak out, the call wasn't funny, and it's not even something where you ask yourself how this person could have seen that.  Great clip of someone making a pretty polite phone call about being wrong about something.  Oh, wait...it's about a videogame?!  Holy shit, stop the presses, lets print this in every other 'web 2.0' games site out there because this can be a new fad!!

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 06:39:20 PM »
I agree with gpw.  While I'm pretty sure the game designers didn't have racism in mind at all when they made the game, I can almost see where she is coming from.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 07:51:25 PM »
Yeah. I'm just going to agree with both of them. She's probably just overly sensitive about the things. I mean, odds are the main characters are white is so they're easier to see in all that maddness.

That said, Idol's comment is the most important. The game looks awesome. I want.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 09:42:49 PM »
Yeah, the game isn't even remotely racist, and that's just stupid, but the lady probably didn't get a particularly great look at it and just misinterpreted what she saw.  I don't entirely blame her, and gpw's right: she wasn't acting crazy.

But yes, I completely want this game.  I've been watching it for a while now even though I still haven't really dug into my copy of Alien Hominid.  But those guys are awesome, and I'm sure it's gonna' be a blast.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 09:45:59 PM »
This game looks cool and I also agree with gpw's statements.