Write up.
Site

WANT. VERY VERY WANT!

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
Re: Love
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 03:30:46 PM »
Wow. That's one of those concepts that seems out there and way cool. I poked around and didn't come up with anything. Is there any word on how far along it is?

Yes, I just said way cool.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 03:36:35 PM »
I have no idea. The site has downloads but I have no idea what they actually do. Gonna check em out. But I want to know more about this.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 04:02:44 PM »
They all look like development tool to me.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 12:20:26 AM »
That looks completely up my alley.  Very curious to see how this goes.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 08:53:28 AM »
I can't believe we haven't updated this thread.

Go hereand read stuff.  In particular, check out the video a couple entries down.  It doth astound.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 09:17:22 AM »
This text will be replaced

[If you see "this text will be replaced" you need to turn off your adblocker.]

Shame, really.  I wanted to see that video.  If it filters to less intrusive sites, let me know.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 09:24:03 AM »
I tried to do a search for you, but not shockingly, trying "love video" or "love game video" on Google don't, er, come up with exactly what you might hope.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 09:31:18 AM »
Hahaha!  See the LOVE PRON!

Don't worry about it.  I'm more interested in protesting any adblock awareness than I am in seeing this video, or learning about . . . whatever the hell "Love" is.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »
HA!  Take that, Internet!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 09:59:22 AM »
Cool!  It's like a living oil painting.  It looks more like an engine demo than a game demo.  I should go read a bit about this before asking such basic questions.

Thanks for that link.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 10:38:57 AM »
I had to wade through a lot of unrelated personal opinion (some quite interesting) expressed grammatically so incorrectly that I wonder if the guy suffers from some form of dyslexia. 

The engine is as far as I'm concerned complete, the performance is good and all basic interaction works well too. The world generation is also solid. As most of the code to do all this has been rewritten more then once it feels very good to put it all behind me. Currently I'm working on making sure all different types of objects work properly. Today for instance I implemented artillery units. Most people think that the tech parts are boring and that the gameplay is fun, but its quite the opposite. Engines are architected marvels of elegance, while game code is just random rules without structure. Once all the objects are done I can start populating the world with them and that is when Love goes from being a world to being a game, and programming goes from boring to fun again.
1/14/09 entry here

So it's a finally complete engine on its way to powering a game yet to emerge.  His talent with one doesn't guarantee quality in the other.  Let's hope.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 10:43:11 AM »
Indeed.  I think he's foreign, isn't he?  That would account for the bad English.  I haven't actually read anything he's written, so grammatical incompetence is news to me there.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »
I didn't think of a foreigner with bad English because that's not the impression I got from reading his posts.  With a few more commas, the quote I posted above could have come from an English major.  But elsewhere there's a carelessness with words, tenses and the order of words that indicates good grasp of the language, but careless (or impaired) composition.  It was just a passing comment, really.  I have no trouble following him, and what he's accomplished eclipses any notion that he's dumb.