Author Topic: Alien Hominid HD  (Read 2236 times)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Alien Hominid HD
« on: Monday, March 05, 2007, 12:31:34 AM »
I remember this game from way back when it was a flash game... then it made it to GC and Xbox, but I never managed to get a copy, and now it's available in HD on Xbox Live Arcade.  800 points, but worth it.  Great game... fairly challenging though.

I hear it doesn't have online coop, which is a shame, I hope maybe they'll add it in later, but other than that, great use of 800 points.

I also got Assault Heroes, and that's really good too.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Alien Hominid HD
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 05, 2007, 12:45:56 AM »
I really hope MS decides to open these games up to PC gamers. I'm sure there are lots of people that wouldn't mind dropping $5-10 to play them on their PC.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 05, 2007, 01:09:04 AM »
Apparently the developers (I think the company is called Behemoth?) is giving away little metal trophies of the different game characters each week for various top achievers on Xbox Live (highest points, fastest times, etc) which is pretty cool that you get some physical reward for kicking ass at the game.  Gamespot had an interview with one of the head guys and they were showing them off on last week's On The Spot.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 05, 2007, 09:30:54 AM »
I downloaded the trial version, but couldn't survive for more than about 5 minutes.  It's too hard for me.  I know I've seen this before on the PC.  I wasn't too impressed then either.  I do like Assault Heroes a great deal, and I finally gave in to the temptation of getting Mutant Storm Reloaded.  Geometry Wars turns into a brick wall for me somewhere in the 400K-point range.  MSR is very similar, but lets me play and get better.  I like the ramping difficulty level, and you can start later games at difficulties you unlock by surviving long enough.  That gives you higher scoring and quicker bumps to the score multiplier.  Good balance of scoring and challenge.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 05, 2007, 12:10:03 PM »
I like the challenge though.  Makes things interesting without getting to the point of frustration to me.

Then again, I loved Ikaruga, and that was a very challenging and difficult game.

Offline wizall

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 05, 2007, 04:54:37 PM »
Yeah, I downloaded the trial, too.  I'm with Cobra in that the game seems a little too tough -- and consequently too frustrating -- for me, but we'll see.  I love the style, though. 

On a side note:  I'm still addicted to UNO.  God damn, what a great game.  Seriously, if any of you have the full version, I'd love to play.  It's the one game I'm decent at, which isn't saying much considering it's essentially luck-based.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 05, 2007, 06:43:54 PM »
I have the GCN version, but I fiddled around with it back when it was a flash game on the web.  I enjoy it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 05, 2007, 07:10:18 PM »
GridWars 2 (Geometry Wars clone) stopped working completely on my pc after I reformatted.  Video card drivers probably, but there's little I can do about that now because for whatever reason 90% of ati drivers cause my card to crash all of a sudden.  Either way, I feel like an addict going through withdrawal.