Author Topic: People are so stupid  (Read 3966 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
People are so stupid
« on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 09:16:30 AM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/02/28/bbc.disabled.host/index.html

I'd hit that.

Seriously though, what the hell sort of a complaint is that????????/

I mean you could understand someone lodging a complaint saying, "She is rude!" or "She is using inappropriate language."

But not only is complaining about her disability absolutely stupid, I can't even imagine how you'd go about doing it.

BBC: BBC customer service.

Parent: Hi!

BBC: Hello sir!

Parent: I'd like to make a complaint about your spokesperson, Katya Mira!

BBC: Yes sir?

Parent: Yea... she has only hand. I am not cool with that.

BBC: ...

Parent. Hello?

BBC: Your complaint is that she only has one hand?

Parent: Yes.

BBC: ...

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: People are so stupid
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 11:40:21 AM »
This seems to present a great opportunity.  It makes a super litmus test.  You can weed out what people you never want to talk to ever again, even for business.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 01:53:36 PM »
I guess it has a lot to do with my living in Asia though. You see people here on the streets every day with some form of physical deformity begging for money. I guess kids here seem to learn about their existence pretty early.

I suppose kids in the UK aren't nearly as exposed to something like that. I still think they should be ashamed for complaining. So what, she is missing a hand, yet has made a lot of herself.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 02:34:57 PM »
Just goes to show you what TV really represents to people: make-believe perfection.  If someone doesn't look perfect, grab your pitchforks and try to run them out of TV land.  Pathetic.  I could understand if it was something truly grotesque, like a goiter the size of her head or something, but she's just missing a hand.  Stop sheltering your worthless little children so they can become worthless little adults like you.  I can understand not wanting your kids exposed to something with negative religious or moral implications, but this is just plain prejudicial.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »
While the shot above shows here arm ending short, from what I understand, it is all covered by the sleeve in the show. It shouldn't even be an issue, but parents feel they shouldn't have to explain to their kids why the lady on TV has only one arm. Why the fuck not?

If you can explain to your kids that a penis enters a vagina and starts the process of child birth, you can very well tell them that some people are born different.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 03:33:12 PM »
I thought the one-handed lady was Cerrie Burnell? I think Katya Mira is just the BBC spokesperson..

It's pretty retarded that people would actually complain about that. That's practically racist.

Cerrie seems (at least on her show) like a loving and lovable big sister figure. I believe the a good word would be endearing. :P

I hope this all goes in her favour and that these jackasses get shanked for irrationally discriminating against her.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 06:59:20 PM »
The thing you have to keep in mind here is that Caucasian populations outside of England have always historically had problems with the place.  Thus, there hasn't been white immigration into England in centuries.  Combine that with the fact that the ones there are the ancestors of the ones that people didn't want to be stuck on a boat with and you have a pretty concentrated yet shallow genetic pool that was deficient to begin with (sorry Beo).

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »
Did you post that in the right thread?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 01:37:41 AM »
haha I think he got the right thread?

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 07:03:02 AM »
The thing you have to keep in mind here is that Caucasian populations outside of England have always historically had problems with the place.  Thus, there hasn't been white immigration into England in centuries.  Combine that with the fact that the ones there are the ancestors of the ones that people didn't want to be stuck on a boat with and you have a pretty concentrated yet shallow genetic pool that was deficient to begin with (sorry Beo).

not only is your statement untrue, but you are a canadian. a canadian with a mutilated penis. you have no business acting so proud.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 01:22:22 PM »
Pip pip mate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »
Hey you Brit. Hey you Canadian.... stop fighting. Can't you see what you are doing to Ren?

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 06:54:24 PM »
Just goes to show you what TV really represents to people: make-believe perfection.  If someone doesn't look perfect, grab your pitchforks and try to run them out of TV land.  Pathetic.  I could understand if it was something truly grotesque, like a goiter the size of her head or something, but she's just missing a hand.  Stop sheltering your worthless little children so they can become worthless little adults like you.  I can understand not wanting your kids exposed to something with negative religious or moral implications, but this is just plain prejudicial.

That's really not true. Sure, some people complained about her arm but there will always be people who complain about anything. Not enough people were up in arms (lol) about this for BBC to remove her which goes to show that most people just didn't care that an imperfect person is on television.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 06:56:16 PM »
Hey you Brit. Hey you Canadian.... stop fighting. Can't you see what you are doing to Ren?

If I embody what happens when they stop fighting it's pretty clear why they're acting the way they are.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »
If I embody what happens when they stop fighting it's pretty clear why they're acting the way they are.

Yeah, fuck you hybrid.  Beo, lets unite in common hatred of Ren...and the Irish.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 07:01:57 PM »
if you unite you turn into me....and I hate the irish

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 07:02:20 PM »
I'm actually offended you capitalized the i on irish

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 07:09:03 PM »
Hmmmm.  Well this poses a problem on two levels.  I guess we could all unite against the micks.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 08:43:30 PM »
that's something i could be a part of...

we stole their country fair and square, who the fuck do they think they are taking most of it back? leprechauns and terrorists, the lot of them.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 09:24:22 PM »
Fucking with terrorists (especially Irish ones) is ill advised enough, but fucking with leprechauns simultaneously?  That's just asking for it.  I'd watch your back.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 01, 2009, 11:13:33 PM »
I love how this thread about intolerance has turned into a racial hate fight heheh.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 02, 2009, 12:04:40 AM »
And I still don't get gpw's leap into that.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 02, 2009, 05:44:21 PM »
And I still don't get gpw's leap into that.

It's a show that is British in origin and as far as i know only airs in England.  Hence, i assumed that the complaints arose from there.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 02, 2009, 07:45:25 PM »
It's a show that is British in origin and as far as i know only airs in England.  Hence, i assumed that the complaints arose from there.

you shut your whore mouth
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 02, 2009, 07:47:13 PM »

Yeah, but . . . I guess I'll spell it out.  I don't understand the leap from intolerance for the handicapped to racial bigotry of some Caucasians.  That's all.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2009, 12:15:02 AM »
Oh.  Basically i was explaining away their intolerance as a side effect of them being genetically deficient (especially mentally).

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2009, 12:46:12 AM »
Yea but now Cobra ruined everything. :(

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2009, 03:00:29 PM »
We all have to be good at something.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2009, 04:11:08 PM »
I'm bad at everything....except killing threads.