Author Topic: The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai  (Read 1109 times)

Offline PyroMenace

The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
« on: Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 06:51:16 AM »
I just checked out the demo on XBLA and holy fuck is it completely, brutally awesome. Its a platformer/brawler, well more brawler than anything. You start off as this duel wielding, butcher bladed ninja I guess and you go in and start mauling the shit out of dudes in a gratuitous bloody fashion. Its pretty simple controls: jump, attack, strong attack, and throw but you can create magnificent combos and finishing moves that end with blood splattering everywhere. Its also not very forgiving either, you got to stay on your toes and try not to get stuck in between guys or they will make a mess out of you. Its really fast paced and pretty addicting. I'm not sure if its on the PS3 network, I dont think it is, but if you have a 360 check it out.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
Re: The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 07:19:01 AM »
See?  The time you spent playing this you could have been crashing castles with me!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »
You doing CC now?  There's a truly fun brawler.  I tried Dishwasher too, both as an XNA demo and then again more recently as a full-fledged XBLA trial.  (Guess it made the grade into the big time.)  It is pretty cool also.  Kind of a gritty, grungy look, though.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 03:18:06 PM »
bought CC when it came out.  played about halfway through and quit until this past weekend.  Picked it back up and finished with the green knight.  Apparently coop was patched?  I have yet to try it multiplayer.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »
Yeah, they patched online play, which was seriously broken for months.  They also nerfed the boomerang, so no more fast leveling up.  *Sniff*