Author Topic: Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - Update: Joins Impulse  (Read 3187 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - Update: Joins Impulse
« on: Monday, November 03, 2008, 03:05:27 PM »
Compant of Heroes: Tales of Valor announced

THQ Announces Company of Heroes(R): Tales of Valor(TM) for Windows PC
Monday November 3, 5:30 am ET
Next Chapter in Award-Winning Franchise Features All-New Single-Player Campaigns, Multiplayer Modes and Innovative "Direct-Fire" Feature

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI - News) today announced Company of Heroes®: Tales of Valor™, the next standalone chapter in the widely acclaimed real-time strategy (RTS) franchise, is currently in development for Windows PC. Featuring three intense campaigns, brand-new multiplayer modes and an innovative “direct-fire” feature that allows even more tactical control during the heat of battle, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor will immerse players in some of the most historic, tide-turning clashes of World War II. Internally developed by Relic Entertainment, the game is currently scheduled for release in spring 2009.

ADVERTISEMENT
“Company of Heroes is one of the most critically acclaimed RTS series of all time,” said Peter Matiss, vice president of global brand management, THQ. “With Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, Relic Entertainment is delivering an all-new, standalone chapter in the franchise and continues to push the boundaries of innovation and quality in the genre.”

”In Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, we’re offering players a ton of rich, new content including more strategic options in single-player and multiplayer,” said Tarrnie Williams, general manager, Relic Entertainment. “With fresh new campaigns and multiplayer modes, brand-new units, additional maps and the introduction of the ‘direct-fire’ feature, we’re once again committed to delivering the best in strategic gaming.”

About Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is the next standalone chapter in the award-winning Company of Heroes franchise, featuring all-new content, including three single-player campaigns, new multiplayer modes, additional maps and units. Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor also introduces a new “direct-fire” feature that allows players more tactical control of their units and more strategic options in-game. Developed by internal studio Relic Entertainment and powered by Relic’s proprietary Essence Engine™, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is fully compatible with Company of Heroes and Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, allowing players who own the entire series complete access to the epic battles of World War II. For more information on Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, please visit www.companyofheroesgame.com.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 03:30:52 PM by MysterD »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor announced
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 12:21:01 AM »
YES!

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 06:05:24 AM »
I wanna be excited and I love Relic but I really am done with WW2.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 06:10:57 AM »
Yea so am I, but somehow, with CoH, it doesn't seem to matter.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 02:44:38 PM »
Yea so am I, but somehow, with CoH, it doesn't seem to matter.

B/c COH is a RTS WW2 and not a FPS WW2 game, I'd guess.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »
B/c COH is a RTS WW2 and not a FPS WW2 game, I'd guess.

Not just that but CoH is a brilliant game. Relic pumps out great quality. I was hoping at least the next CoH title would follow in the CoD (Call of Duty) way and go modern warfare.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 03:39:51 PM »
You are getting a game in the vein of CoH but in a different setting. It's called Dawn of War II and it slaughters anything a modern setting could do.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 03:46:47 PM »
Not just that but CoH is a brilliant game. Relic pumps out great quality. I was hoping at least the next CoH title would follow in the CoD (Call of Duty) way and go modern warfare.

Y'know, it's funny.

I have COH Original, COH Opposing, Homeworld 1, Homeworld 2, Dawn of War: Gold, and Homeworld 2 -- ain't even played any of 'em.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 04:25:51 PM »
By "funny" you mean "sad", right?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »
You are getting a game in the vein of CoH but in a different setting. It's called Dawn of War II and it slaughters anything a modern setting could do.
I can hardly wait! I haven't picked up Soulstorm for the sole reason that I want to devote myself to DoW2 when it comes out. Ok the other reason is it costs around $60 USD here for some reason. The Complete package only costs $50 but I already the Anthology which everything but Soulstorm so I figured there's no point with DoW2 around the corner.

The annoying StarCraft2 fanboys keep dissin' on DoW2 about the Tyranids saying dumbass crap like "they're just a rip-off of the Zerg uhh!" And I have to keep reminding them that frickin' Tyranids were around long before the Zerg were even thought of!! Damn these idiots are annoying.

A lot to look forward to.

And MyD, that is kinda sad man. I know you do the crafty thrifty thing of buying games when they drop in price but your not saving any money if you buy stuff you're never gonna touch. On the other hand I have to appreciate that you're gradually metamorphosizing into a living library of games and gaming knowledge. Que may argue that it's mostly trivial information but I think there's more to it. I enjoy putting words in Que's mouth... and long walks on the beach.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »

Are they really that similar?  I bought Call of Duty: Gold and played the hell out of the first game, but got a little burnt out during the expansion.  I think I could be really into Dawn of War  II if it has the same control point system (or something like it) rather than tiresome resource gathering.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 04, 2008, 05:14:38 PM »
Are they really that similar?  I bought Call of Duty: Gold and played the hell out of the first game, but got a little burnt out during the expansion.  I think I could be really into Dawn of War  II if it has the same control point system (or something like it) rather than tiresome resource gathering.
Did you mean Company of Heroes: Gold?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 05, 2008, 04:28:23 AM »

The mechanics of CoH were built on DoW. Logically, we expect the mechanics of DoWII to build on CoH.

Plus it will be DoW using the CoH engine... mmmmm.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 05, 2008, 12:30:37 PM »
The mechanics were very similar and any DoW player could easily get acquainted with CoH. Although I'd say that with DoW it felt more raw and "in your face" especially with the occasional melee combat that ensues. I think the art styles and unit abilities really set the tone of the gameplay in each game.

There is one little feature in DoW I liked and I hope makes a come-back with some major ehancements: the Army Painter! I liked being able to colour scheme my own army.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 05, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »
Did you mean Company of Heroes: Gold?

Yes, that's what I meant.  Stop questioning me.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 05, 2008, 05:43:52 PM »
Yes, that's what I meant.  Stop questioning me.
I couldn't resist :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 05, 2008, 06:10:16 PM »
And MyD, that is kinda sad man. I know you do the crafty thrifty thing of buying games when they drop in price but your not saving any money if you buy stuff you're never gonna touch.
I was never big into RTS's. I think what I'm really waiting for is for me to get into a "I want to try an RTS game" mode. I'm sure once that hits, if it ever hits, I'll be playing some.

I dunno, but I have the Civ Collection (up to Civ 4: Original) and C&C Saga (up to C&C 3: Tiberium Wars), I'm just waiting for me to just want to play something I usually don't play. When that is? Who the hell knows.

On the other hand I have to appreciate that you're gradually metamorphosizing into a living library of games and gaming knowledge.
Thanks. :)

Que may argue that it's mostly trivial information but I think there's more to it. I enjoy putting words in Que's mouth... and long walks on the beach.
Can't wait to see Que's reaction. It's always usually...interesting.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 05, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
Always usually?  I don't think that's possible.

I'm all for libraries, but they're not worth much if the tomes are never opened.

And dude, fucking get Soulstorm.  I really, really love it.  It's got a much better single player tactical... campaign thingy than Dark Crusade, and the Sisters are actually a pretty decent faction for a game that's already done so much.  They have trouble distinguishing themselves in the gameplay sense since so much has already been done, but the unique look and feel help, and they're still very solid and just different enough to be fun (plus you can scream at your computer about burning heretics and not feel quite as foolish about it).

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 06, 2008, 03:53:59 AM »
Since the Grand Sage Que has recommended it I will meditate on it.

I love the whole "Fear denies faith!" attitude :D

In DoW I always expected that I'd like the Eldar most but my favourite factions are the Space Marines and the later added Tau Empire. The Tau don't have turrets though.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 06, 2008, 07:43:20 AM »
I wrote a sort of mini-review in a DoW thread around here somewhere.  It's really just more of the game... which if you love it and can't get enough is awesome.  But if you're looking for something truly new and different, then don't bother.  It's a little different and it's got the new strategy stuff, but the gameplay is still the same thing without any major tweaks.  So take that for what you will.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 02:06:03 PM »
GOLDEN.
Expect it April 9th in stores and over G4WL

Gold - Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

[Mar 26, 2009, 09:15 am ET] - 12 Comments
THQ and Relic Entertainment announce that Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is gold, and the World War II real-time strategy standalone expansion is expected in stores on April 9. Here's the skinny:

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced Company of Heroes®: Tales of Valor™, the next chapter in the critically-acclaimed Company of Heroes franchise, has reached the gold master stage of development and has entered manufacturing. Developed by award-winning Real-Time Strategy (RTS) developer, Relic Entertainment, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor offers three, intense single-player campaigns, three new multiplayer modes and an innovative “direct-fire” feature that offers an unprecedented amount of control on the battlefield. Scheduled for a nationwide release at all major retail and online outlets on April 9, 2009, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor will be available as a Games for Windows® PC title for a suggested retail price of $29.99.

“Building upon the recent critical and commercial success of Dawn of War II, Relic Entertainment is set to deliver the next great chapter in the award-winning Company of Heroes franchise,” said Kevin Kraff, vice president of global brand management, THQ. “Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor strengthens Relic Entertainment’s reputation as a leading RTS developer, with an unwavering dedication to innovative, ground-breaking gameplay experiences.”

“Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor brings an exceptional amount of tactical control and intimate combat to the franchise,” said Tarrnie Williams, general manager, Relic Entertainment. “The three new single-player campaigns, new multiplayer modes and advanced gameplay mechanics emphasize precision and require players to use a new level of strategy and skill to achieve victory during the historic battles of World War II.”

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - Update: Joins Impulse
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »
I can't get enough of this franchise. I've become such a CoH nut.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 04:09:26 PM »
You're just a nut. :P

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »
Indeed.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 09, 2009, 05:42:20 PM »
Last week patch 2.400 was released for Opposing Fronts, it was incremental (need v2.301 installed) and it weighed in at about 96MB.

Today (well yesterday technically) patch 2.500 was released weighing in at 1.38GB.. Wow.

It is also an incremental update, it requires v2.400 installed, unless you have Tales of Valor.

Update includes:
If you have Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, you'll only need the 2.501 update.

v2.500 Patch Notes:

Tales of Valor Features

- Added new Reward Vehicles:
      - American T17 Armored Car
      - American M18 Hellcat
      - British Staghound
      - British Kangaroo Carrier
      - Wehrmacht Schwimmwagen
      - Wehrmacht Geschutzwagen
      - Panzer Elite Scwimmwagen
      - Panzer Elite Hotchkiss

- Added new 'Operation' Modes:
      - Panzerkrieg
      - Assault
      - Stonewall

General Features

- Added new standard multiplayer maps
      - 2p Flooded Plains
      - 2p Beach Assault
      - 4p Achelous River
      - 4p Ecliptic Fields
      - 8p King of the Hill
      - Updated the Front End UI.
      - Numerous fixes and enhancements.
      - Updated all versions of the game to be compatible with Tales of Valor.
      - Tuned Leaderboard distribution.

Gameplay - A number of bug fixes and tuning changes have been implemented.

Here's the link at Fileshack.

P.S. I really like Relic.. I think have a bit of crush on Relic.