Author Topic: uhhh wtf....  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
uhhh wtf....
« on: Friday, May 08, 2009, 08:46:45 AM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/05/08/kentucky.iraq.soldier.rape/index.html

They killed the girl's father, mother and younger sister before raping and killing her and burning her body.

How the hell did these guys get to be soldiers?

Spc. James Barker, one of the soldiers involved, told investigators that the soldiers were drinking whiskey, playing cards and hitting golf balls when Green brought up the idea of going to the house near the checkpoint where they were stationed to rape the girl. Barker described Green as persistent.

The soldiers then allegedly changed into dark clothing and covered their faces before going to the house, investigators said.

So at first Barker said no, but then gave in because Green was persistent?

The whole thing is disgusting. I guess more so because you don't expect soldiers to behave like that.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
Re: uhhh wtf....
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 08, 2009, 08:53:28 AM »
Gah.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 08, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »
Yeah, I remember this.  I don't know what the heck they were thinking.  I can't understand how people sometimes do the actions they do... like people that rape 5 year old girls and then kill them and put them in garbage cans.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 08, 2009, 09:07:58 AM »
Well, at least they didn't try to cover the whole thing up, and at least justice was served.

I shouldn't be so shocked since this sorta thing was far more frequent during the many wars of yesteryear... I guess I just expected better in this age. She was only 14.

Yeah, I remember this.  I don't know what the heck they were thinking.  I can't understand how people sometimes do the actions they do... like people that rape 5 year old girls and then kill them and put them in garbage cans.

I think people will do all sorts of things if they think they can get away with it.

As for men raping babies... that's disgusting, but it happens very frequently in parts of Africa where men believe it will cure them of aids.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 08, 2009, 09:57:53 AM »
There are good and bad people in every job.  People with power can do the greatest good and the greatest evil.  It surprises me that this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.  Wars are full of such sad stories.  I think our military's record is way cleaner than most in this respect.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 08, 2009, 12:57:30 PM »
The scary part is this is just the story we know about.

I'm glad justice will be served. Although frankly I would have demanded a castration along with the 110-year sentence.