Author Topic: The Crossing THREAD -- UPDATE: The Crossing is now put on HOLD (Reply 43)  (Read 7232 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: The Crossing THREAD
« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 02:51:55 PM »
GFW: What are some of the other cool gadgets?

RC: Traps and air-compressed sprayers -- some of those ideas are for the Templar world. In the other world, so far we've been playing with pipe bombs and tripwires, but also a different kind of mobility so you can move vertically as well as an IBAT elite... With the [Templars' arm blades], we can imagine moments where, if you see a person and you don't want to be seen, you can grappling hook from above him and, as you fall, ready your sword. Then, as you make contact, you will do a finishing move as you jump down and kill him. Those are very satisfying moments as a Templar.

GFW: Obviously, you've learned a lot about body awareness and hand-to-hand first-person combat from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. What else have you learned from Dark Messiah? How is the hand-to-hand combat in Dark Messiah informing the hand-to-hand combat in The Crossing?

RC: It will be a bit more brutal in The Crossing. There are more moves, more finishing moves, more context -- from above, from the side, from behind, from the front -- and multiple attacks, multiple people at the same time, and so on.
Very nice!!!

I always liked Arkane's devotion to violence -- see Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis!

Mwahahahaha!!!
« Last Edit: Friday, May 15, 2009, 02:27:57 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: The Crossing THREAD -- UPDATE: 1Up Reveals it is also bound for the X360
« Reply #41 on: Friday, February 16, 2007, 03:23:56 PM »
The Crossing will be crossing over to also the X360

Not too surprising, since Arx Fatalis by Arkane was for the PC and (Original) X-Box

First 'Crossplayer' Game, The Crossing, Getting 360'd
Single player and multiplayer collide in Arkane's shooter.
By Patrick Klepek, 02/16/2007

1UP and Games for Windows recently blew the doors off the next project from Arkane Studios, The Crossing. Last responsible for action RPG Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Arkane's currently full steam ahead on a shooter that combines single player and multiplayer into a single entity. Game Videos has the all-too-brief teaser trailer, while Games for Windows outlines what it means to actually be a NPC in the world of The Crossing.

So far, though, The Crossing's been a PC-only project, but that seems to be changing. Team Xbox noticed a job posting for an Xbox 360 programmer that laid out Arkane's plans pretty clearly:

"If you want to work on "The Crossing", our remarkably innovative "crossplayer" FPS for PC and Xbox360, and you think you can make a difference, you could have a place at Arkane.

As an Xbox360 programmer in Arkane Studios, you will handle porting, maintaining, and optimizing the codebase for the Xbox 360 version of the game, developed on the Valve's Source Engine."

The game's already aiming for crossplayer gameplay -- can you imagine if it was cross platform, too? I just blew your mind.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: The Crossing THREAD -- UPDATE: 1Up Reveals it is also crossing over to the X
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2007, 07:49:51 PM »
Not only is Arkane working on The Crossing, but looks like they also might be working on something else.

You may recall some time ago we had news that Arkane's next project would be a full-blown MP-focused shooter called The Crossing (story).  Worthplaying has a short bit an another title, although no details are currently known:

An overview of Arkane Studios' CEO Raphaël Colantonio LinkedIn profile reveals that the French development studio is not only working on its Source-powered shooter The Crossing, but also an unannounced new project. No further details were revealed about whether this is in the works at its Lyon headquarters or its recently formed Austin, Texas-based studio.

Source: Worthplaying

Maybe it's Arx Fatalis II?

Hell, I dunno....

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: The Crossing THREAD -- UPDATE: Arkane might be working on another game, too...
« Reply #44 on: Friday, May 15, 2009, 04:38:45 PM »
Arkane has The Crossing on hold, for now.
I thought it was on hold the whole time! I recall they said they were putting it on hold at some point last year.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: The Crossing THREAD -- UPDATE: The Crossing is now put on HOLD (Reply 43)
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 06:37:45 AM »
Even though we ain't heard much on this game lately in the past year or so, yeah -- I didn't know it was on hold or that it would be.

I was looking forward to this. I hope they eventually come back to this project, sometime.

I hope if they are working on a new game, I hope it's Arx 2.