Author Topic: Left 4 Dead 2 ... Already?  (Read 1324 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Left 4 Dead 2 ... Already?
« on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 01:51:36 PM »
Rumor from Destructoid.
Rumor is EA and Valve will be showing off Left 4 Dead 2 at E3.

E3 is right around the corner, and Destructoid has been hearing all sorts of juicy rumors. A lot of things are being said, and among them a very reliable source has informed us that Valve and Electronic Arts are looking to reveal Left 4 Dead 2 at E3 next week.

L4D 2 will see four different survivors battling the infected horde as they try to survive the game's four scenarios. The game is said to be set during the same time frame and locations as the first title, but the four new survivors will be fighting off the infected in other parts of the same locations. To us, it sounds a bit like Ada sidequests from Resident Evil 4 -- while Leon was going through his mission, Ada was running around the same areas, doing her own thing.

We're also told to expect new guns, as well as a variety of melee weapons like a baseball bat, axe, and chainsaw. Players should also brace themselves to come face to face with at least one new special infected "boss" character... something big. And fast.

If what we're hearing is solid, Left 4 Dead 2 is planned for the PC and Xbox 360. While the information we received was vague, the source had been reliable in the past, and the idea of a sequel to Destructoid's 2008 "Game of the Year" was too exciting not to share. If this pans out, we hope to see more -- at least in the form of an announcement trailer -- at E3 next week.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Left 4 Dead 2 ... Already?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 02:25:56 PM »
I doubt it. Valve works to fucking slow to have a sequel out already.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 02:28:02 PM »
If it is true, I'd be amazed.
Though, I'd figure there'd be L4D1 DLC or an expansion pack first, not a (stand-alone) sequel....

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »
Even if it does come around it had better be with a really good discount for current owners of L4D.

I still feel Valve needs to focus on L4D and improving it. Lately they've been really fixated on Team Fortress 2.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 02:37:27 PM »
It'll be a glorified map pack rofl. Probably 1 or 2 new special zombie types. The only other way they could have a second one out this soon is if they handed it off to another developer and they're just publishing/overseeing.

They need to just drop all this other shit and focus on Half-Life stuff.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »
Even if it does come around it had better be with a really good discount for current owners of L4D.
Amen.

I still feel Valve needs to focus on L4D and improving it.
I'd glad the SDK is out. About time.

Though, the net-code needs and improving.
And we need MORE Official Content!
DLC, Expansion -- give me!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »
Yeah, fuck that.  If they bail on the original game and want more money, they can forget it.  I already hate those fuckers, so it's not like I need anything to push me over the edge.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野