Author Topic: LittleBigPlanet owners! Free Norse Mythology DLC pack  (Read 1501 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
LittleBigPlanet owners! Free Norse Mythology DLC pack
« on: Saturday, September 26, 2009, 08:03:54 PM »
Click here

Site is really slow for me. I plan on getting LBP, so Im going to see if they'll give me the code so I can grab it when I do have the game.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: LittleBigPlanet owners! Free Norse Mythology DLC pack
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 09:11:59 AM »
Crap, North America only.

LPB seems to be the only game I've come across that has region limitations. The first time I played the game was with an Asian disc (before the whole mass recall), then I gave the game back to my cousin and I went out and bought it for myself, but this time it was the European disc. The first thing I noticed was that my save file didn't load and none of my downloaded costumes showed up. So I went back into the PSN Store and redownloaded a costume, installed and still nothing happened. I was confused. Nothing I downlaoded seemed to work with the game at all.

I tried reading up to see if the new (post recall) version of the game was any different or if it was al the same after patching. Then I decided to try creating a European-based PSN account. I signed in with it, loaded up the PSN store and downloaded some costumes and voila it worked. Naturally I was pretty miffed because my primary account is Asian-based and I was frustrated that this was an issue at all!

The other problem I had was with Trials of Topoq, a PS3-Eye puzzle game. Apparently it does not run at all on Japanese/Asian PS3s unless you buy and download it from a Korean-based PSN account. Basically anyone with an Asian PS3 who already paid for it and can't play it is screwed and will have to pay for it again with a new Korean account if they want to play it.

To this day, this issue has not been resolved.