Author Topic: Burning Crusade expansion delayed until January 2007  (Read 3489 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Burning Crusade expansion delayed until January 2007
« on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 06:34:23 AM »
Burning Crusade delayed all the way until Jan 2007:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154629

Burning Crusade Delayed Until January
Those waiting to explore the Outlands... you'll be waiting a little longer.
by Dan Dormer, 10/24/2006

If your holiday vacation plans this December included leveling up a Draenei Shaman or Blood Elf Paladin, you're about to free up some time. We're sorry to be the bearers of bad news, but Blizzard announced today that World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade would be hitting the retail channel in January 2007, a few weeks later than most gamers were expecting the highly anticipated expansion pack to ship.

"We appreciate the enthusiasm surrounding World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and we're excited about putting the finishing touches on all of the new content," said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We feel confident that the extra time spent polishing the game will result in the high-quality experience that our players expect and deserve."

For more information about the expansion, be sure to check out some of the thoughts the editors at 1UP jotted down last week when they got into the closed beta.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Burning Crusade expansion delayed until January 2007
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 09:17:51 AM »
Hooray! I wasnt ready to go back.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 09:38:58 AM »
I was expecting that.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 11:00:05 AM »
Cool!  Now I will be able to get to 60 with my mage before BC comes out.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 02:45:32 PM »
That's both good and bad.  The good news is that this will give some time to some people to play other stuff.  The bad news is Vanguard (the supposed WoW killer, if it's even possible) is coming out in Jan 2007 as well. 

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 02:52:55 PM »
Whenever there is a huge, popular game there is always a "Killer" after it. Funny how it never manages to kill the original.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 02:54:56 PM »
Actually, putting it closer to Vanguard is probably a good idea. What are people going to buy, the new MMO on the block or the expansion to the game they love and have a lot of time invested in it? If they released earlier, people could power to 70, hit the cap, and quit...and buy Vanguard when it comes. Now it keeps people in WoW while putting Vanguard off to a slower start.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 04:37:48 PM »
Yeah. That'll hurt Vanguard a lot... especially since I've never even heard of this supposed killer. Mind you I don't follow MMO news so much, but if anything intends to actually "kill" WoW it needs to be known well in advanced. I follow games a lot and I don't know about it than it has no chance against WoW.

About the actual news though, I'm happy. Things are too crazy right now for WoW.

W7RE

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2006, 05:14:30 PM »
I was really hoping it would come out sooner rather than later, but oh well. I did manage to get my hands on a beta account though, so I can check out the expansion some more while I wait for the actual thing.

If anyone's interested I could post screens, and maybe videos if I can find somewhere to host them (maybe even google video). If you want to see something specific just say so.