Author Topic: What video game have you spent the most time playing?  (Read 3472 times)

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
What video game have you spent the most time playing?
« on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 08:17:26 AM »
Let's just go ahead and leave WoW out of the discussion for variety's sake.

I think mine has to be Counter-Strike

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: What video game have you spent the most time playing?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 08:24:04 AM »
Morrowind.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 09:27:19 AM »
It's a toss up between the Elder Scrolls titles for me; but Skyrim is gaining.

After that I'd say the runner-ups are Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Battlefield 3, and Bejeweled 3. Goddman gem-combos keep me coming back.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 09:35:28 AM »
All Elder Scrolls games since Morrowind + their expansions have devoured at least over 100-200 hours. I'd have to look at my saved games for time, as I didn't really use XFire and Raptr back then.

Steam has some of my stuff listed.
Skyrim has me clocked in at 121 hours for the base game alone, according to Steam!
Got 113 hours in Fallout: New Vegas & Risen 1, according to Steam.

XFire account has a lot of stuff listed, as well.
DAO + Awakening has me logged in at 190 hours.
That doesn't include many of the DLC's. For example - I still haven't touched Leilana's Song + Witch Hunt DLC.

Raptr also has some of my stuff listed, too.
I'd have to look at my saves - but I got over 80 hours into KOA + Dead Kel DLC, since I did play the game in offline mode and some hours weren't logged into Raptr. Would have to look at the count on my saves.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »
World of....damnit!

All right, uh. I did play a lot of Counter-Strike back in the day. I mean if you lump all the mods together then Half Life probably wins. I did a lot of Tribes as well. And Quake 3. And Quake 2. Its really hard to say since that was so long ago now.

Singleplayer I guess I spent the most time in the Yakuza games.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
I'll have to go with ES as well, with either Skyrim or Oblivion as the top time sink.  I put a lot of time into Fallout 3 as well, across several characters.  I'd have to do some checking and addition to be sure.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »
I'll have to go with ES as well, with either Skyrim or Oblivion as the top time sink.  I put a lot of time into Fallout 3 as well, across several characters.  I'd have to do some checking and addition to be sure.

I'd have to look at my Fallout 3 saves + hours, as well.
I have PC versions of FO3 base game from Retail + FO3 GOTY from Steam, so their hours...might be all over the place. :-X
I didn't always run XFire + Steam + Raptr ALL at the same time, back in the day... ;)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
Mass Effect 3: 141 hours - I spent a lot of time playing the multiplayer with friends, even after we beat the game.
Gears of War 3: 140 hours - Played a TON of Horde mode with friends, along with all DLC.
Borderlands 2: 103 hours - Played this on 4 person co-op, and did a lot of item/achievement hunting. Being campaign only, this number probably has less padding than some of the others.
Skyrim: 120-130 hours - Raptr says 98 hours on the Xbox. I spend 20-30 hours on a friend's Steam account before I bought the game.
Dead Space 2: 72 hours - Wow, I must have played a lot more multiplayer than I remember. I also did 2 playthroughs, at close to 15 hours each.
Black Ops 2: 68 hours - 100% multiplayer. I'm sure this is tame compared to most people who play CoD games.
Gears of War 3 Multiplayer BETA: 57 hours
MW2 and BLOPS1 would probably be higher than BLOPS2, but I wasn't using Raptr at the time.

From before I could track play time:
Day of Defeat: (mostly 1.3b I think, some 2.0) I played a shitload of this. I even made custom flag skins and shit.
Diablo 2: I spent 3 months playing this daily, at 12+ hours a day. Some days I would only eat/bathroom/Diablo and end up playing for like 16 hours. (Diablo 3 lasted me a week, then I was bored and stopped logging in)
Minecraft: I played a LOT of this during it's initial boom of popularity. I did it all alone too. It wasn't until later when a couple friends finally decided to get it that I played it with others, but they got bored after a week or so.
Final Fantasy Tactics: I did a 100 hour playthrough and never finished. I think I was up to the final dungeon but it was too hard so I needed to grind out some XP. I never did.

Dark Age of Camelot: I played this almost daily for about a year. Then WoW came out...

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 11:42:24 AM »
Ah crap, I forgot about Diablo 2.  I *may* have played it more than Counter-Strike.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 01:29:44 PM »
I'd guess I put about 450 hours or so into Morrowind and its expansions across 2 main characters and a third that I only played a short while. I never beat the game or any of the expansions in all that time. I barely even touched anything beyond surface play in Tribunal. I probably got halfway through Bloodmoon. I'd say I got 3/4 through the main quest.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 05:42:29 PM »
Probably Team Fortress Classic and Battlefield 1942. Such good times with those games, TFC was the only multiplayer game that I was dedicated enough at to join a clan, IMOM (International Men of Mystery). And Battlefield was the bulk of my college dorm experience.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 05:45:47 PM »
Excluding WoW, it would be Diablo II, Rainbow Six, and Counter-Strike.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 04, 2013, 12:47:47 AM »
Maybe TF2?  Nah, I have no idea.  I jump around a lot.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 04, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »
Also, I did spend a lot of time one year playing Gunbound.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 04, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »
I don't have any metrics to back this up, but I feel like it would be:

• Wolfensten: Enemy Territory - I played this game almost every day for several hours for a solid two years.
  • Goldeneye 007 - I beat the game on every difficulty level and played the heck out of the multiplayer.
  • Grand Theft Auto III - I beat the game, but spend a ton of time exploring the city and running from the police in the Barracks OL or tank.
  • Civilization - I played many rounds of this.  I've clocked a lot of hours in the newer ones as well, but played each of them less than the first.
  • Mass Effect 2 - A long game that I beat twice.

Regarding WoW, I've never even watched someone play it.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 04, 2013, 10:59:37 AM »
I've been thinking about this a few days and I honestly don't know. Raw time, maybe WoW back when Que, Pyro, and Idol were playing. That had to be on the order of several days of straight playing when all added up.

Otherwise I'm not sure. I was never one to spend much time most multiplayer things were hours just add up fast (outside of that WoW stint) and I tend to just play through games and be done. Steam says I have something like 200 hours in Terraria, but a lot of that was just leaving the game open when we ran that server last year. Most of the ones that would have a high amount of time are just long. Anomalies are stuff like Binding of Isaac and Space Pirates vs Zombies where I just have 80+ hours built up over months of time.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 04, 2013, 03:08:06 PM »
If you took the hours from every game I've ever played and then doubled it, it would still not be close to the amount of time I sunk into WoW
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 04, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »
How did I forget the Final Fantasy games and Phantasy Star Online! Back in the day those kept me in there for a while.

Oh and of course Neverwinter Nights!

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 04, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »
Oh shit.  Yeah, probably Final Fantasy 6.  I've played through that game three times I believe.