Author Topic: A day with Pyro  (Read 3853 times)

Offline PyroMenace

A day with Pyro
« on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 06:43:33 PM »
I really enjoyed Que's pics of what his daily life consists of so Im going to do one. I just bought that digital camera, and I decided to put it to good use. So I give you the great throne room of Pyro himself.

The bed isnt made, I never make it so Im not going to make it for a picture. Oh and I still have yet to even use that TV.

Post, lurk, post, lurk. I have some unmade orky figures there, if you look closely, you can barely make out the finished ones collaborating under my monitor. They are probably plotting my demise while I sleep.

On to my job. This is it, the Cookeville Regional Medical Center, where I am a qualified floor tech. Which ranges from stripping and waxing, to carpet bonneting. Its all very glamorious, we sometimes are even called to move really really obese people from one bed to another. Oh and I also moved a dead body into the morgue the other night.

This is the ass end of the hospital, the dock and where I go a lot to dump trash.

The heart and soul of environmental services, our supply room and supervisor office.

Here in the back is our paper shredder. So when Que starts capturing people to torture and what not, he brings them to me and I take them here. We keep it nice and clean so theres no blood, oh and it also helps avoid the wrong attention.

Alright this is just one I took of TTUs campus as I was driving by. Its literary down the street from the hospital. This is the ratty dorm I stayed in for 3 years. I still cant believe it was there for that long, maybe sometime ill take pics of the inside and maybe some of its inmates happy faces.

This is Cane Creek Park, I love this place. I used to run here a whole lot, its got a 2 mile loop around this here lake. Its beautiful in the fall and I kinda wished I took pics of this place a couple weeks earlier with more leaves on the trees. I havent ran in a while because Im a lazy fuck, but I'll still come here to like contemplate on life decisions because Im always under too much damn stress.

and here at the end is my sweet close friend and roommate Sarah. Shes sleepy.

This is me... can't you see the flames rising out of my head?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: A day with Pyro
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 06:56:37 PM »
Awesome!  It's great to finally get to see a little piece of your life since the only times I've been able to see you have been when you're transplanted over here.  And moving dead bodies is hardcore.  Tell me you used that one as a puppet so as to scare away all the children!     ;D

Anyway... good stuph.  You have a lot of posters, and I think you have the same keyboard as Sy.  Your place seems cleaner than mine despite the unmade bed.  I love the pictures of the park/lake too.  That's the kind of thing I wish we had around here that we just don't.  There are a few lakes and parks, but none of them are all that great.  The only thing we have that's any good are marinas.

Thanks for posting all that.  I'll have to call Julia in here, I know she'll want to check it out.

EDIT - Heh, I showed Julia and she dug it.  When she got to the last picture she said, "Hey, that looks familiar!"   ;D
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 07:55:47 PM by Quemaqua »

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 08:42:09 PM »
Yea, that is the same keyboard as what Sy has. I remember when he first posted about it, I happened to be keyboard shopping at the time so I pretty much picked one up right after he did.

And I do have alot of posters. You mainly just see Star Wars and LotR ones, but I also have one of Fear Factory, Sin City, X-Men and Seinfeld. It wards away all females, which has been a problem for me for sometime.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 08:49:06 PM »
Whoa, finally I know what you look like.  I think it's really cool that we're becoming comfortable enough with one another to post pictures of ourselves.

I have the same or a similar PC case, Pyro.  Mine's a Chieftec brand one (I think that case design was sold under like 9 billion different brand names), is blue and steel.  I really fucked up on the purchase of that one.  It was one of Newegg's "specials" they have on the front page.  I saw the "big savings" I could get on it so I ordered it.  Little did I know I could get any color I wanted and I could pay a single dollar more and get an aluminum case.  Fuckers.

It's really tacky now.  I have a beige monitor, a blue tower, and a black and silver keyboard.  Yikes.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 10:12:36 PM »
Good stuff, I never knew that you worked at the hospital. Touching a dead body is very weird the first time, it's a surreal experience, but after that it's not so bad.

And that last picture is totally a plug for Hanes products. I knew they were crafty, but I can't believe that they got to you, too.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 10:20:54 PM »
Touching a dead body is very weird the first time, it's a surreal experience, but after that it's not so bad.

Somehow I overlooked the hospital thing so this struck me as one of the most random things you could have said.

I like all these photo posts, but at the same time I don't. I picture you all as having such exotic lives, it's kind of a let-down to see you're all living in the same world as I am.

that said, keep them coming.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 10:38:28 PM »
Interesting.  I would do something like this too if I had a digital camera.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 12, 2006, 10:43:36 PM »
Don't worry, ren. My penthouse full of virgins and tiger pit with daily sacrifices will soon be documented.

Of course, uh...it isn't exactly "legal", so we will have to keep it hush-hush. 

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 12:26:07 AM »
I like how there is red eye in that photo so we at least get a feel for your PyroMenace self. Did you know for the longest time I thought you were black? I think the reason was because whenever we played Jedi Knight II online you always picked Lando. Ok that's a weird reason to think you are black but there was something else though...

Awesome pictures though. That chair looks really comfortable, and the ATX case looks really sexy. I also enjoyed that picture with the owl on the post. The water looks nice and shiny.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 04:36:42 AM »
yay!!  I'm really thinking of posting one from one of my days..  maybe i should ..  i can pick a busy day, lazy day, cleaning day, working day, cooking day, traveling day?

Hey you know, your roommate's glasses are like mine.. almost exact except mine has a pinkish hue.

Love cane creek park.. looks wonderful, getting cold?
Taken.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 07:08:17 AM »
We just got hit by a cold spell actually. The pics I took of the park I actually took yesterday. I was gonna make a pic of myself there but everyone of them would end up looking funny because I kept cringing from the cold.

Scott, yea that case is aluminum and I think its the very reason I have really good temps. I think the brand for this case is Antec, but you could find the case design nearly everywhere like you said. I have a silver case with a blue lite case fan, the blue glowing keyboard and mouse, and a biege CRT flat screen monitor.

Pug, I thought it was you who always picked Lando... bah, I can't remember maybe it was me. We had some pretty good matches, those were fun.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 08:17:08 AM »
Hmmm... I think whenever you added a custom skin in the game and your opponents didn't have that skin they saw the Lando skin by default. That's all I can think of.

Raisa, mix it up. Make it a week.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 09:51:02 AM »
Quality socks.  I'm wearing a pair myself.

I work at a hospital as a tech too.  Man does it suck.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 14, 2006, 01:49:48 AM »
Nice. I'm happy to see the Orks starting to congregate.

I'm gonna have to do one of these soon... maybe once more of this moving gets sorted out. A pile of boxes wouldn't be that interesting unless I wanted to show that I lived in Black Mesa or something.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 14, 2006, 05:34:16 PM »
Looks like a pretty good setup you've got going on at the moment. I should do one of these threads... An overwritten get to know you haha.

Anyway, must go get ready for humongously cheesy epic metal concert.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...