Author Topic: I've seen fireworks before  (Read 8390 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: I've seen fireworks before
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »
Honestly, kind of glad the Olympics are pretty much over.  The last couple days have been a bit too intense with all the boozing and crowds.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 04:20:21 PM »
I hope your country gets invaded by polar bears.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »
Um, they already have.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 04:40:32 PM »
I still can't get over how intense that game was.  I watched the entirety of it.  Wow.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 11:01:25 PM »
What a bullshit game. All of the Canadian fans were squirting maple syrup in the American's eyes as they skated.

REMATCH ON NEUTRAL ICE, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 01, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
I got invited to a few pretty awesome closed door parties during the Olympics the good news is most of these had free booze.  The bad news is most had free booze.  Hands down the best night was was maybe about a week in when I got VIPed into a Canadian Snowboarding Federation party by my buddy's girlfriend.  All the snowboarders were pretty fucking lame, but a couple of my buddy's older brother's friends who were visiting from Sweden were fucking awesome.

Two weeks, one goal: convince everyone around you that you are an Olympic athlete.  They had suits, tracksuits, and full out tights made up in the Finland colours and convinced everyone that they were the Finnish bobsled team. They waltzed into everywhere without paying for a ticket and pretty much drank for free. They got into the Athlete's Village (and promptly got kicked out).  They got interviewed on television and the radio. Got into some events free.  They challenged the American bobsled team to an arm wrestle, and then decided to settle their differences with a beer drinking contest instead.

Apparently only got busted once; by a Fin.  See, there is no Finnish bobsled team.  Well, that and they eventually admitted it to the Americans...who thought it was fucking awesome.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, March 02, 2010, 12:56:16 AM »
There is no language expressive enough to describe how awesome that is.