Author Topic: I have a gmail question  (Read 2236 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
I have a gmail question
« on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 07:31:27 PM »
Google really isn't turning up anything, but I'm probably using the wrong search string or something.  When I delete a threaded conversation in Gmail and somene replies to the last message I sent in that thread, will I get the message or will it just go to the trash with the rest of the thread?  Seems like stupid question, but i can see it going either way...kind of.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: I have a gmail question
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 09:55:55 PM »
I think it comes in as a new message. Of course, we can always test it.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 10:21:40 PM »
Yeah, it seems to work that way.  I sent myself a message and tried to test it and it pretty much worked like that....although it was really weird and confusing because of all the forwarding going on.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »
You'll get a new message in your inbox.

Other gmail question: is there any way to automatically sign into chat as invisible? The only way I've found is to sign out as invisible but that's annoying and I forget to do it half the time. I don't want to come online to check my e-mail for two seconds and get a bunch of messages.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 10:45:33 PM »
There must be.  Personally, I find the interface, especially for threaded messages to be confusing as fuck.  The whole thing really isn't all that user-friendly.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 14, 2010, 12:18:03 AM »
That's what I thought but I couldn't find anything in settings or through google searches.

I like the threaded messages when it's just between two people but when it's between a group it can be painful to use. I still prefer it to the traditional methods though.