Author Topic: Found a job  (Read 2828 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Found a job
« on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 08:49:24 AM »
Actually I got 2 job offers, one which I got last week, but I just got done with a interview today and this one pays a fuck load more and it will be full-time with benefits. Only catch is that its graveyard shift, oh well, that will actually be good with taking classes in the morning. Huzzah! Now if we can get the house situation covered...

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Found a job
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 08:51:01 AM »
Congrats, dude.  Hope it turns out to be better than the last one.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »
Sweet, congrats man! One step at a time :)

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 04:53:38 PM »
Congrats dude!  It's awesome you were able to find something so quickly.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 05:34:11 PM »
Grats! I'm looking myself and there's hardly anything out there at the moment, particularly when you have no real experience.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 05:36:37 PM »
I ran into that situation once.  The only way I got out of it was to network like crazy and do co-ops.  My resume wasn't impressive enough to land any interviews.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 12:55:45 AM »
Grats! I'm looking myself and there's hardly anything out there at the moment, particularly when you have no real experience.

Apply even if you don't have the experience. Also, think about investing in a professional resume.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
Well I had my orientation last week and started working right after. This job is so damn easy compared to the one in cookeville and my supervisor is pretty easy going too. Of course things are noticeably less organized here and most of the equipment isn't taken care off very well and its a bitch to find everything you need, but I'm not going to complain much. I'm like one of the very few white guys working there, its mostly black and mexicans. The guy I've been training with is one of the few mexicans you can speak english well, but everyone there is pretty nice. During breaks most of the mexicans will eat up in the cafeteria, while the blacks will eat downstairs in the break room. During the lunch break they all bring food and share with each other and everyone else, the food they bring is pretty damn good. During the weekends they work, they will bring enough food to fill an entire table. So yea, I managed to luck out pretty good with this place.