Author Topic: MIT youtube channel  (Read 2339 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
MIT youtube channel
« on: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 10:32:44 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/MIT

This is awesome. You can watch MIT lectures. Most of it is super interesting.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: MIT youtube channel
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 11:14:33 AM »
Wow amazing.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 13, 2010, 11:23:19 AM »
Oooh, cool.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 12:46:21 AM »
Good stuff, but don't start with multivariable calculus without an understanding of vectors.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 06:37:11 AM »
Vectors are simple conceptually.  Each has a number value and a direction.  They're typically represented by arrows.  The length of the arrow is the number value, and the direction of the arrow is the vector's direction.  Vectors can be split into component parts along 2 or more axes.  They are indispensable in physics.  I'm sure if you google them, you'll get a lot more than you care to read.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 07:02:12 PM »
I love physics and math enough that I would absolutely love to major in it. Problem is, I have lots of trouble understanding a lot of those abstract ideas in math. It takes me forever to understand stuff like that completely. I'm just now getting to the point that when I see a polynomial I can visualize a graph. And that has taken me almost two years to get to that point, and even then I still struggle with it.

Blah, I wish I would have gotten into physics when I was younger, like around 12 or so. It would be so cool to work at CERN or Fermilab or something like that. It would be amazing.