Author Topic: Two-legged pig walks.  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Two-legged pig walks.
« on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 01:34:29 AM »
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Asia/Story/A1Story20101004-240467.html

A two-legged pig, which can walk and stand on two legs, has become a local celebrity in China, British Metro reported Thursday.

The 10-month-old piggy has been luring thousands of Chinese travelers, according to Metro.

The pig was nicknamed "Zhu Jianqiang," meaning a strong-willed pig in Chinese, as it was born with two legs and finally succeeded in walking on two feet after 30 days of intensive training sessions since its birth.

According to its owner, Wang Xihai, it was born with eight other little piglets last January. One day, his wife suggested that it should be thrown away. "I was against her opinion because it has a life, meaning it has a right to be revered," the owner said.

Since the 50kg piggy came into the world, his house has been crowded with the villagers, who want to look at the famous pig.

Wang said he was offered to sell the animal but refused to do so. "I will not sell it no matter how much it is worth," he said.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Two-legged pig walks.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 07:10:01 AM »
I love amazing animal stories :)

I had to tolerate the grammatical and contextual errors in the writing though.. The picture didn't load initially (until I refreshed) but from the text alone I imagined the piggy was walking on its hind legs, not its front legs; I feel that should have been specified in the article. Also pigs don't have "feet" they have hooves.

Sorry, I'm feeling particularly critical today.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
"According to the family, they declined to tell the pig that they were helping it in order to eat it once it becomes fat enough. "

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 04, 2010, 09:38:06 PM »
Ghandi, this sounds exactly like our relationship here at OW, with Ren.