Author Topic: I take my leave for a while  (Read 2944 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
I take my leave for a while
« on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 01:02:25 AM »
As some of you may or may not remember, every once in a while I take off and don't post for a few months.  It's about that time again.  I don't know if it has something to do with being discontent or general feeling of a lack of accomplishment, but it's like clockwork (seasonal personality change is the most likely answer here).  Generally, I feel every once in a while I have to clear myself from any distractions and set some rather large goals.  When I accomplish them I can be lazy and procrastinate on pretty much everything again (woooo....escapism) without having a guilt complex kick in.  The way this usually works is I'll lurk for about 2-3 days as I slowly wean myself off of the internet.

I pretty much made this post to a.) let you all know, and b.) as somewhat of a finality measure to make sure that I actually go through with it.  Anyways, on to greener pastures and see you in a bit.  Be safe.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: I take my leave for a while
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 01:49:37 AM »
Yea I am probably going to be taking a few months off as well. I wasn't supposed to come back with a couple of posts these past few days, but I have been sick with a high fever so I posted a bit.

But I will be taking a few months off like yourself to accomplish a few things mainly.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 02:02:40 AM »
Let me know about your Xenosaga experience when you come back.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 02:26:11 AM »
Um, ok.  So I was just watching Scanner Darkly on my pc with headphones on.  I kind of hear this grinding noise behind me, and turn around.  At first I think there's something there, but it's dark and I can't tell for sure until what was there pulled back out through the window and the blinds moved back into place.  In retrospect the grinding noise is the noise I hear when I force my window open because the hinge is broken.  Likewise, my memory of the shape that i think I saw makes me think it could have been a raccoon, but I have no idea...especially considering the fucking window....that makes me think it's probably a person...I don't know.

Yeah, just thought I'd share that.  I'm gone now.  That is unless I kill whatever monster or person attacks me as I go to check on my car.  Thank god for claw hammers.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 02:31:53 AM »
All clear, but from the rustiling noises coming from the neighbor's yard my guess is super raccoon.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 07:04:17 AM »
Raccoons.  I hate those things.  People who seldom see them may think they're these cute, furry woodland friends, suitable for children to abuse.  Damn things are big, dirty, smart, mean, and strong enough to tear pieces of your house off to get inside.  Could carry rabies too.  I had to pay over $500 to get rid of a family of them in my attic (when I had a house, and an attic)  Then I had to deal with the filth and destruction before selling the place.

I know you probanbly won't see this now (unless you're still lurking.)  I respect your self-discipline.  I should emulate it.  Hope you change the world by the time we hear from you again.  I think you just may be sharp enough to do it.   :)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 07:15:05 AM »
Raccoons are crazy, yes.  One time, a raccoon stole my ice cream.  I was pissed.

But yes, I think we all go through the need to feel productive and get away from the boards.  Except, you know, me.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 07:18:34 AM »
Being productive is for....other people.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 04:53:48 PM »
I see.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 09, 2006, 05:48:40 PM »
Everyone thinks racoons are cute and cuddly until you have a family of them that decides to take up residence in or around your house.

My mom had a group take up residence in her chimney one year.  Fortunately that problem had a fairly ready solution since racoons aren't fond of smoke....

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 06:40:49 PM »
have fun
Taken.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 09:48:44 AM »
A friend of mine's dad found a family of raccoons.  Well really it was a former family.  The mother was killed in the road, and only the two very, very young ones were around.

He took them in.  One died.  The other one lived for quite awhile but that thing was a bastard.  It loved him but it hated everyone else.  He stuck it in my lap once and the thing freaked and ran back to him.  Then once my friend had a party and he left it outside.  It went into a shed and people wanted to go see it.  It hid under something and when people started coming near it started making some weird cooing sound.  Then someone moved something out of the way and it jumped, freaking everyone out.

Why you would have a raccoon as a pet I have no idea.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 09:58:48 AM »
One time we were in Gurnee Mills, a large mall around here. I saw a guy with a small raccoon on a leash inside the mall.