Author Topic: The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile  (Read 2405 times)

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
« on: Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 12:53:16 PM »
I had no idea this series existed until Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of the sequel the other day. I guess I missed an earlier discussion here, probably because I didn't have a Xbox at the time and it was small enough to keep under the radar in general.

But damn, this looks awesome and it's getting pretty good reviews. I might have to boot up the 360 soon.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
The first game was pretty brutal with the difficulty, but was great. The second one seems a lot better tuned. I'm loving it so far.

I spent most of yesterday camping various twitter feeds, and on the last wave of code giveaways, I won a copy of the game. Man, I love free games, especially when it's really good ones.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 07:42:57 PM by W7RE »

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 01:32:52 PM »
I played the trial, and while it's not my cup of tea, the gameplay does seem very polished.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 01:58:48 PM »
Looks interesting.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 02:42:22 PM »
I wanted to like the first a lot more than I did from what I played.  The sequel looks worlds better.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »
I wanted to like the first a lot more than I did from what I played.  The sequel looks worlds better.

The second one is much more forgiving. I played through the first level on the easiest difficulty and I don't think I ever dropped below 75% life. From watching Giant Bomb's quick look, it looks like a death takes you back one screen, and the enemies' state persisted through the death. So when he re-entered that room, anything he had killed/damaged had not reset. Also, I don't remember anything about the story of the fist, other than "I'm a dishwasher, and these guys fucked with me, so I'm killing them". This one has more of a story (though still odd) even after just one level. It may be that I'm on easy, but the enemies also die a lot faster. I remember the first game's enemies taking forever to kill.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 06, 2011, 11:22:58 PM »
Yeah, I found out about this series the same way Sy did and I played the trial of the first one and would like to get it sometime.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 09:39:04 PM by TheOtherBelmont »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 04:23:19 AM »
I beat the game yesterday. I really, really liked it. The combat is just so satisfying, and so much more forgiving than the first. I'll give it a try sometime on a harder setting, and maybe go back and try out the first again now that I feel like I've got a much better grasp on the combat system.