Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 2508 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
League of Legends
« on: Tuesday, October 07, 2008, 02:47:04 PM »
League of Legends

Riot Games today announced League of Legends, a PC game based on the popular Warcraft 3 multiplayer mod Defense of the Ancients.

Riot was co-founded by original DotA Allstars co-creator Guinsoo, and the team reportedly includes other DotA veterans. As such, League of Legends is staying true to the DotA formula, where players level up a single avatar amongst a giant battle of smaller armies. Dozens of Summoners--the player-controlled avatars--are planned to be available at launch.

A semi-persistent element will be see the Summoners leveling up across matches. The game will also include matchmaking, stat tracking, clan support, anti-cheat systems, dedicated in-game ladders and Leaverbuster technology."

League of Legends is planned to hit in early 2009, with a beta period prior to launch. Just in time to compete against Demigod.
Pretty interesting. Shacknews has screens and a video and it looks like they stuck with a similar art style to the mod, as opposed to Demigod which looks totally different.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 07, 2008, 06:47:24 PM »
Interesting.  Looks like the stuck a little too closely to the art style, if you ask me, but hey... to each his own.  Could be something to keep an eye on, regardless.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 01:01:31 PM »
I literally just started playing this game yesterday and its the best free game I've ever played, does anyone still play?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 01:20:04 PM »
I wanted to but have yet to get it all downloaded and I figure it'd be unplayably laggy for me anyway so I gave up.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 01:49:51 PM »
I tried it, but couldn't get into it.