Author Topic: Hydra Castle Labyrinth  (Read 4817 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Hydra Castle Labyrinth
« on: Friday, April 15, 2011, 09:49:02 AM »
Awesome free game!

They describe it as a cross between La-Mulana and Castlevania, and thats pretty accurate. Its pretty great. Hopefully someone comes and translates it since a lot of stuff is in Japanese, but still totally playable.

Direct download, since its hard to figure out which one to download on the download page since its all Japanese.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: Hydra Castle Labyrinth
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 15, 2011, 05:12:01 PM »
Fun game but the rooster boss is pissing me off.

Here's a translated somewhat complete item list.

The bronze pickaxe is the first thing that you want, its in the top left. I just lucked out and randomly went there first in my game.

Edit: Finally beat him, just takes a few tries to realize the pattern. Also I read on that link Idol posted that keys only go to certain doors, so you may have to search for the right one.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 18, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
So I'm guessing that no one here cares about this game but I played it last night (after I drank a bunch of beer and somehow I did better) and I really like it. I've explored a bit and I know that it's not going to be a long game (I've logged maybe 2 hours in and I'm in the second dungeon) but it's pretty enjoyable. Also it kicks you in the ass if you make 4-5 mistakes and don't find health.

I explored the map a bit after being dumb in the second dungeon and thinking that I needed another item, and it was a blast. I know what I'm up against, I know that I need to explore a bit deeper.

I need to find something to help me breathe underwater (I hope this exists - I only look at the item descriptions after I find them).

Also I hope the dungeons are longer and more intense as I go on.

Have you beaten this game Idol? I may need your help.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 18, 2011, 10:52:50 PM »
Havent beaten it, just found my second dungeon. Im really enjoying it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »
Just played some more. I couldn't progress through the second dungeon...I think. Either way I headed out and did some more exploring. I found a couple more items. The Bracelet thing seems to make you climb ladders faster, which is really useful. And I picked up a shield which helps a lot too.

This game is fantastic.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 09:41:49 PM »
Heh, you did the exact same thing that I did. You weren't missing an item. What you don't realize (and what I didn't either) is that chests appear after you kill all the enemies in certain rooms.

And yeah, I love the game. I just wish it was translated.

Edit: The boomerang is the best weapon in the game. I *think* that it was by the bracelet (jump far left by that ladder after the bracelet and kill the 3 bats), but that could be the iceball. For one item I just went really deep in the map and miraculously ninja dodged everything and got an item. Either way, the boomerang kicks ass.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »
Oh I got that chest, but using that item I got to a place I couldnt get past. I think I need arrows to do it. of course now with the shield that area will be a bit easier.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »
Oh, yeah. You don't necessarily need arrows but a long range weapon for that room. But I think 3-bat area that I mentioned before will help you. It's bottom-rightish. The ladder after the 3 jumping jellies on the steps, before the dungeon. You have to dodge the floating skeleton and jump far left at the bottom of the ladder.

Edit: Also, save after you get that item that summons the block. And you can beat the boss without throwing axes, but they worked best for me. You will understand after you see how the boss works.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 10:15:18 PM »
Yeah I found it, got the boomerang and Im good to go. That bat boss didnt stand a chance. Now I have all but the last sub weapon, but still lots of items to find yet.

EDIT: now I have all the sub weapons. yay!

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 10:19:23 PM »
I explored a bunch, and lots of items you can't get where you are at. Dungeons are goldmines, and you will know if you need something. Go deep enough and you will drown to death trying to get an item, you obviously need some help on that one.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 21, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
I played some more this morning, got the the Dungeon 3 boss and he was kicking my ass. Just have to get used to the pattern, I guess. I think I figured it out. But instead of doing that I decided to explore the "overworld" some more.

I got some awesome items. The bell letting you know there is a treasure in the room, the gas mask (oh thank you!), the green and purple rings, the double jump shoes, and the blue necklace thing. I'm totally going to kick some ass now.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 21, 2011, 04:27:13 PM »
The 5th boss is kind of a jerk.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 21, 2011, 08:21:42 PM »
Woo! Rocking along, I've got all but one item (the red scroll) so it looks like Im headed to the last dungeon.

EDIt

Beat the game! Woo! I only got 98% of the treasures because I couldnt find that red scroll thing. Probably back in some area I didnt return to once getting the bell. But damn that was a satisfying little game.

EDIT 2

It was bugging me, so a little exploring I found the last item and then beat the boss again. Nothing changed except it said 100% on the end screen. Hooray for OCD!
« Last Edit: Friday, April 22, 2011, 10:31:55 AM by idolminds »

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 22, 2011, 06:32:53 PM »
Haha...nice. I haven't had time to play since I last posted. Gonna try to beat it tonight.