Author Topic: My cat scared the shit out of me.  (Read 2940 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
My cat scared the shit out of me.
« on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:20:29 AM »
So we have this cat, Koi. Names such because she was all white with some black and orange spots and reminded me of a koi fish. Shes cute and has a weird personality. She has a routine during the day and can usually be found in certain locations at different times of the day. She follows me into the bathroom (if you're sitting on the can then you're a captive audience for petting). She LOVES cardboard boxes. Anyway, shes cute. We got her a few years ago at a barn sale. I guess the farmer had died and they were selling stuff off and they had these cats. she had ear mites pretty bad and no one wanted to take her...except my dad. So we treated her for that and shes been our best friend ever since.

So part of her routine is sleeping on the chair in the living room at night until 10-11PM and then coming in here while I'm on the computer and sleeping on me. Well yesterday (Monday) was a long day full of airports and disappointment so I went to bed early. Shes had a bit of a cold lately and I have to give her some medicine twice a day and I didn't get a chance to do it before i passed out. Oh well, missing one wont hurt.

So I wake up today kind of early, not for any reason in particular. Check my email and then...oh yeah, I should do her medicine early today. Except I can't find her in her usual spots. Ah well, shes probably sleeping by a heater somewhere. I'll catch her when she comes out to eat or something. But she never did. We started getting worried and looked for her everywhere. We turned the house inside out, every room and even in the basement. Under and inside and on top of whatever. I even went out and checked in the junk cars and scrap metal pile we have, inside the old hollowed out camper, in the shed, everywhere. Not a sound or a trace of her anywhere.

This was depressing the hell out of me. Did she get trapped under something? Did she sneak outside sometime last night and get picked off by an owl? i took a nap in the afternoon, ended up just sort of mindlessly watching TV because we checked and rechecked everywhere and I couldn't think of anything else I could do. 11pm rolls around so I figure the new Bombcast would be up and I could download it while I slept. That's when mom calls me out. She was sleeping and put her arm out...onto a cat. It was Koi. Just sitting there wondering why she's suddenly getting so much attention.

So we kinda locked her in the bathroom for tonight. She isn't feeling so well and I think she scratched her eye. She usually likes to hide when not feeling well, but we want to make sure shes still eating. We still have no idea where she was all day.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: My cat scared the shit out of me.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 12:48:36 AM »
Haha. Cats.  My family has more or less always had a cat, and they've more or less always ignored my mom. Except for the cat they have now, which my sister unceremoniously dumped on their door step when she moved back from living in Saudi Arabia. This cat certainly likes my mom the best and coincidentally never shuts the fuck up.  That cat clings to my mom like static, and I've never seen my mom as stressed out as when it would go missing for a day or so.  Pfffft.  stupid cats.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »
Cats are crazytowns.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 10:43:52 PM »
haha so cat.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 10:58:37 AM »
Im too much of a wreck to get into it, but we had to put her to sleep today.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 11:57:23 AM »
Sorry, man. I know how tough that can be.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
:(

That's horrible. I am sorry to hear that...

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 12:26:43 PM »
That's terrible man. I'm sorry to hear that.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »
Sorry, idol.  That's sad news.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »
:(

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »
Thanks guys.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 02:55:01 PM »
I'm sorry bro. Very few things in life hurt more.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 05:34:19 PM »
Damn, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that. Hang in there, buddy.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野