Author Topic: Square Enix now on GoG  (Read 3359 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Square Enix now on GoG
« on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »
First releases are the original Hitman and Deus Ex. Remember that they also own the rights to the Eidos catalog, so soon we could see Tomb Raider, Legacy of Kain, Anachronox, Thief...lots of good stuff.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Square Enix now on GoG
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »
Where's Omikron?  :o

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 08:30:31 AM »
Omikron: The Nomad Soul joins GOG at $10.

Well, I guess this FINALLY answers my above question.... ;)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »
That's one I never played that I've been waiting to see pop up somewhere to maybe give a go someday. It's just so hard because it's from that horribly awkward stage of 3D games where everything just looks fucking ugly as fuck. I mean there's no getting around it, it just looks horrible. There's no real artistry, no means of having something feel real. When we really tapped 2D for all it was worth, there was artistry there even if it couldn't resemble reality, but with this early 3D stuff, it's just a no man's land of shit that looks awkward and unconvincing. I still want to try it, though. I missed it the first time around and always regretted it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 18, 2013, 05:20:14 PM »
@Que

Oh, yeah - I regret buying Omikron when Gogamer had it a few times; especially after Gogamer closed! Thanks to GOG for the rescue here! It always looked like a way-out there, very interesting game.
Man, I can't wait til GOG has a discount sale on Omikron at a decent percent off.
Also - I want to hear that Bowie soundtrack!