Author Topic: America  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
America
« on: Saturday, June 15, 2013, 12:54:25 PM »
My mum and my sister are going to Washington/Virginia in a few weeks for six weeks. We have a lot of family there, but more importantly, my sister is going to take her USMLE exam. She is a bit of a genius and is hoping to become a doctor in the US of A. She has already gotten her degree and is a doctor.

She did her first USMLE exam here, and her numbers were off the charts.

So yea, proud of her. Plus, they will enjoy America for a while. Hope things go well for my sis, because really, Pakistan is no place for normal people.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: America
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 15, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »
Nice.  Would it just be your sister moving over or other members of your family?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 15, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »
Awesome. Hope she does well.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 15, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
Congrats! I hope she does well, man :) She needs to be somewhere where her skills and natural talents can be enriched.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 15, 2013, 09:24:32 PM »
She is just coming with my mother. They will stay for six weeks and chill with my two uncles and two aunts who live in Virginia. The exam itself is only one day. Then, they will both come back to Pakistan because the visa expires, but eventually she will try to find work in America next year or something. I really hope she makes it. She is a bright person.

My wife and I are also trying to immigrate to Australia.

I don't talk about it much because if it doesn't happen, it would mean too much heartbreak.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Re: America
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 16, 2013, 07:23:31 AM »
I love Washington D.C. It is such a neat city to visit. Most of the sights are probably a lot more meaningful for Americans though.

Good luck to your sister. I'm sure she'll find a job as a doctor here. And she'll make a lot of money to boot.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 16, 2013, 12:07:35 PM »
Hope you can get out of Pakistan. Best wishes to your sister as well.