Author Topic: Get ready for Amazons own game console  (Read 1682 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Get ready for Amazons own game console
« on: Friday, January 31, 2014, 03:04:22 PM »
Look out, Ouya!

Will be interesting to see what happens here. Amazon has the resources to actually back the thing unlike the other Android console makers. Though "under $300" better be well under unless you're really looking to compete with the big 3.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Get ready for Amazons own game console
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 07:58:30 PM »
And when I said Amazon has the resources to back this, I mean they just bought Double Helix. Those are the dudes that made the new Killer Instinct and Strider games.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 06, 2014, 07:22:12 AM »
If it was $199.95, they'd boast "under $200".

I'm fearing a dark period for gaming.  The flood of shit on mobiles is already a huge drag, and now every Tom, Dick and Amazon wants to dilute the console market too.  It happened once before, in the 80s.  A long time of relative prosperity since.  What a bummer if it all goes South now.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 06, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »
I think the bubble is going to burst before long. We're so flooded with this stuff now that even if you play a shitload of games you can't possibly play even a fifteenth of those released in a given year, or probably even a third of the ones that actually deserve playing. And it's only getting worse. Touch Arcade just posted some article about how there are 150,000 games on the app store or something sick like that now. At some point this just isn't going to be sustainable and it will all collapse. We'll see what happens after that.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野