Author Topic: Gears of War Downloadable content FREE  (Read 2357 times)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Gears of War Downloadable content FREE
« on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 06:11:38 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163240.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

Gotta love Epic Games... I remember they did the same thing with their Unreal Tournament games.

Glad that they didn't jump on the bandwagon of charging people for new content.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Gears of War Downloadable content FREE
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 06:19:41 PM »
This should make a certain someone, whose name begins with "Que", very happy.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 14, 2006, 06:29:04 PM »
Epic is awesome ;D

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 15, 2006, 08:29:34 AM »
Epic has always been awesome about that, but I can't say I care much.  I can't really download shit because I don't have the hard drive for my 360, and it's probably all going to be multiplayer stuff... which would be completely awesome if I cared at all.  But I refuse to pay money just for the privilege of playing online.  I can do that on my PC for free, so you can be damned sure I'm not falling for all this Xbox Live! bullshit.  If they give me some single player DLC, that'd be awesome, but I highly doubt it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 06:41:36 PM »
Epic is awesome ;D

Epic would be more awesome if they release this game for WINDOWS.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 12:45:54 AM »
Patience lad, patience.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
u
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 01:21:31 AM »
I don't know how Que would be that happy considering this content will be of an online focus. I am sure he'd be pleased that they are showing some integrity by not charging, but I don't think he plays online with random people.

Though to be honest, it puzzles me why he doesn't. The best fun I've had is when I am playing against someone I really really wanted to beat. I am sure if I hated someone I'd want to beat them oh so badly. So since Que hates just about every one ... esp those obnoxious kids on Xbox Live ... you'd think he would enjoy kicking their collective asses.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 01:37:33 AM »
If it was free, I'd be all over it, but I can't afford to pay just to play online.  I just can't.  It isn't worth it for the small amount of time I'd be able to spend enjoying it.

But yes, I am very pleased that Epic has maintained its integrity and continue to make free stuff available to their fans.  They deserve huge props for that.  Even if I can't enjoy it, at least somebody can.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 03:12:35 PM »
Next time you go to buy a game, spend the 50 bucks on a pre-paid year subscription card for xbox Live.  I'm sure you'd enjoy it more than you think.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 04:15:46 PM »
My subscription just reverted to Silver.  (Gold trial expired.)  Other than the sick feeling I had when I got disconnected twice in a row the day Gold expired, I have had absolutely no reduction in what I use Live for.  All downloadable content is still there, and costs (or doesn't) the same.  I still can see friends and do messaging.  I still see leaderboards and participate in them.  I still have my profile online.  Seems like all you pay for, then, is what I can live happily without: online gaming.  Anything else I'm missing?