Author Topic: Que, another month-long challenge for you  (Read 2769 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Que, another month-long challenge for you
« on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 12:55:22 AM »
RPM Challenge

For the month of February, you have 28 days to record 10 songs or 35 minutes of music.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Que, another month-long challenge for you
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 01:03:06 AM »
Fuck yes, do this now Que.  Finish your novel too.  I will give you lots of monies for albums and novels.  About your music though, my brother was using my computer when I was at work a few weeks ago and he stumbled across your music that I had on my computer, he uploads it to his PSP.  I didn't know this and he picked me up from work and had "Peace Through War" playing in his car via his PSP and it was a funny moment.  So yeah, my brother and two of my friends like your music too!
« Last Edit: Friday, February 02, 2007, 10:35:50 PM by TheOtherBelmont »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 01:57:02 AM »
Haha, that's awesome tet.  I've got a couple fans here and there, and it's always nice to hear it.  =)

So now I have to decide whether or not to do the RPM Challenge or February Album Writing Month.  Hmm.  Also, I have to see if I can't get Paul to get in on this with me.  It would be fucking awesome beyond awesome if I could get him to collaborate with me on some of this stuff.  That might be asking too much, but he and I were talking a bit last time we were on our mutual music rant, and it seemed like he wasn't entirely off the idea.  Hmm...

But hell, thanks for showing me this.  I had so much fun with the novel thing that I can't help but think this would be equally awesome.  I think I'm going to have to try it, solo or not.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 02:44:57 AM »
Haha, I told you, The Rumored End cometh. Peace through War is already a classic.

Now make some more music and spread the metal to everyone.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 25, 2007, 12:46:12 AM »
Okay, I'm getting pretty excited about this.  I've got so many ideas... hope I can really make this happen.  I think I got my awesome guitarist friend to go in on it with me (hopefully doing his own shit, because he puts me to shame), so this could really end up being a good time.  I gotta' call him again tomorrow because I see the difference between RPM and FAWM now.  FAWM is more about writing songs, RPM is more about recording them.  Not sure which I'm more interested in since I'm more or less interested in both to an equal degree.  I suppose I could sign up for both...

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 01, 2007, 02:08:09 AM »
Well, I signed up for both.  Should have something recorded and ready for listening tomorrow!  Sweet.

EDIT - And so it is!The Rumored End - Into Halls of Wood and Wonder @ FAWM.  I'm pretty pleased with it.  I admit it's a little unfair that I started writing the thing before February (these ideas were streaming around my head for a while), but I powered through it last night in recording and I'm happy enough with it.  I actually got up and did some more to it afterward, but I gotta' move on if I have any hope of doing some more songs.  This already took a lot out of me, heh.

I'll post it up to RPM a bit later.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 01, 2007, 08:45:52 AM by Quemaqua »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 02, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »
I called in sick today hoping to get some work done on my opening track, and what happens?

I get sick.

I do believe somebody has put the smite on me for being a lying bastard.  I can barely even sit up right now.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 02, 2007, 10:36:47 PM »
Awesome start to the challenge so far, the lyrics were really cool and I dug the guitar a lot, especially around 2:30, sounds like you are getting a bit better with the drum machine too.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 03, 2007, 12:07:09 AM »
Thanks!  I worked pretty hard on it.  I want all these ideas to be as solid as I can get them as this project means a lot to me.

The Rumored End - The Careless Cost @ FAWM is now up!  It's just a short track meant to be an intro to the album.  Nothing fancy.  The tune to follow should be good and heavy after this melodic stuff.

EDIT - You know, I'm the only metal musician on FAWM.  This kind of doesn't bode well for me, heh.  Though my first song got pretty decent commentage...
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 03, 2007, 12:53:05 AM by Quemaqua »

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 04, 2007, 10:33:21 PM »
The Careless Cost works well as an intro piece and don't worry about being the only metal musician, you're putting out stuff and that's all that matters.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 05, 2007, 12:33:06 AM »
Yeah, it's true.  And despite this horrible fucking flu, I think I've got another one in the pipeline for (hopefully) tomorrow.  Will bridge the gap between the first track I posted (the album's third) and the second (the album's first).  It's very heavy.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 05, 2007, 06:16:33 PM »
The Rumored End - For Want of an Immortal @ FAWM is up now!  And lord, what an ordeal it was finishing this.  The vocals totally suck donkey bollocks, but I didn't have much other option to get the lyrics in there.  I'm not a metal vocalist under any circumstances, let alone when I'm this sick.  But I did what I had to do.  It sounds so much fucking better as an instrumental, but... eh.  Oh well.

Enjoy!  Or not, as the case probably is with almost everybody but Tet.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 05, 2007, 10:50:29 PM »
Man you are cranking stuff out, I'm happy you're making so much progress.  I dig this song as well, my only complaint is the music drowns out your vocals a little bit, but you've already explained why that is and it's not that big of a deal, the instrumentals are awesome enough on their own to warrant that small problem.  My music folder named "Que" grows in size, it hungers for more.

Everyone else on the boards needs to listen to your stuff, especially some of the other people here who enjoy metal.  Make comments you bastards!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 05, 2007, 11:43:10 PM »
I only grabbed the first track so far...been downloading lots of stuff lately (game soundtracks) so havent gotten around to downloading more or giving the first a proper listen.

So...uh...I do it. Eventually.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 06, 2007, 06:48:13 PM »
As soon as I get better I want to redo the vocals on this track and Wood+Wonder.  I really hate them and I know I can do a billion times better if I actually give it a good shot.  So I may dedicate one night to redoing those, but I'm not sure I can spare it.  Tonight I'm hoping to begin groundwork on Track IV.  Was going to be very soft and melancholy, is now probably going to be heading into melodic death territory.  We shall see.

And thanks for listening.  =)

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 10:40:46 PM »
QUE!

Tell me you're FAWMing this year. The website's up for login!

Bonus: Finish and donate $10 to FAWM, get free CDbaby distribution.

Double bonus: I want you to help me write a rock off.
|

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 07:59:25 PM »
I want to, I'm just so, so very tired.  I honestly don't know if I have it in me.  I'll have to wait until closer to Feb.  It's possible I'll perk up by then... we'll just have to see.  Maybe I should stock up on coffee.