Author Topic: Quake Wars THREAD -- Update: GameSpot slams X360 version with a 6.5  (Read 4192 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Quake Wars THREAD -- Update: GameSpot slams X360 version with a 6.5
« on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 07:25:09 AM »
Hmmm.....Quake Wars might get a delay.....planned for "Fiscal 2008", which for them runs from April '07 to March 2008

Maybe it won't be delayed...we'll have to wait and see....

Enemy Territory Quake Wars Delayed, Maybe [January 26, 2007, 11:02 am ET] - 56 Comments

In announcing "record" Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2007 Preliminary Results, Activision, Inc. also reveals a delay to Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, saying Splash Damage's eagerly anticipated multiplayer shooter is now expected in Fiscal 2008. Word is: "The company believes that its fourth quarter results will be significantly impacted by higher legal expenses relating primarily to its internal review of historical stock option practices, including expenses relating to the previously announced informal SEC inquiry and derivative litigation, and its decision to move the release of Enemy Territory(TM): QUAKE Wars into fiscal year 2008." ET: Quake Wars' official release date was previously sometime in 2007 (story), and Activision's fiscal 2008 runs from April 2007 through March 2008, so it is still possible for the game to make its most recent announced release window while still suffering this delay as far as the accountants are concerned.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 01, 2008, 04:18:15 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Quake Wars might be delayed...then again, might not...
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 17, 2007, 05:39:09 AM »
Quake Wars to hit Public Beta soon -- 60,000 slots will be open for this opportunity.

Download the Quake Wars Beta
June 16, 2007 - Thanks to Larry "2112" Akins and Tweakguides for the news that FilePlanet has the Quake Wars beta download which could open up as soon as next week. Here's more from the Official site:

At long last, we are delighted to confirm the impending Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Public Beta. The ETQW Closed Beta has been going extremely well and yielding excellent results. We want to give more people the opportunity to give us feedback on the game so we're going to open a Public Beta with 60,000 slots available. This way we'll be able to test many more combinations of hardware, RAM, CPU, graphics card, drivers etc. than we've been able to ourselves, and also get a better idea of how the game plays for the general gaming public.

The Public Beta build will consist of a single map named "Sewer", which is part of ETQW's Pacific Campaign. Set in Japan, the map revolves around a Strogg base hidden in, well, a sewer. It's an interesting mix of outdoor and indoor, vehicle and infantry combat, deployables and counter-deployables and good old-fashioned FPS combat.

If you'd like to help us finish ETQW, we'd really appreciate your participation. If you want to just play a game for free you may find it a frustrating experience. This Public Beta is not the Demo - it's not the finished game, but an opportunity to get feedback from a large group of people while testing stability and performance on a wider range of hardware combinations. The Public Beta will also collect some information on your hardware configuration, so you shouldn't apply unless you're comfortable with that.

When the Public Beta opens, participants will be sent their unique license code that is required for play. As we don't have the infrastructure necessary to download tens of thousands of clients, we've asked FilePlanet to help us distribute these license codes along with the beta clients.

Stay tuned to learn how to score yourself one of those 60,000 keys to unlock it.
-- Robert 'Apache' Howarth

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Quake Wars THREAD -- Update: Public Beta w/ 60,000 slots to be open quite so
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 30, 2007, 01:55:17 PM »
GOLDEN.

October 2nd release in the USA.

Europe & Australia get it first -- Sept. 28th.

Oh, and it's rated "T" for Teen.

Activision and id Software announce completion of development on Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars, Splash Damage's teamplay shooter. The duplication and distribution process won't be especially quick, however, as the game is slated to be available in Europe and Australia on September 28 and in North America on October 2:

Santa Monica, CA – August 30, 2007 – The ultimate online team and objective-based multiplayer experience is locked and loaded! id Software™ and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today that Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars™ for Windows® PC has gone gold and will be available in retail outlets in Europe and Australia on September 28, 2007 and on North American store shelves beginning October 2, 2007. Developed by Splash Damage, the prequel to the futuristic wars in the QUAKE II storyline pits the armies of Earth’s Global Defense Force (GDF) against the invading alien Strogg in the multiplayer action shooter that transports players to the front lines in the battle for Earth.

“After months of testing, tweaking and balancing Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars, I’m pleased to finally be able to say ‘It’s Done!’” said id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead. “We’ve had a ton of fun getting the game ready for the masses and I’m looking forward to seeing the massive battle for the top of the online leaderboards begin!”

To date, Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars has won more than 15 awards and has been heralded as one of the most anticipated new titles in 2007 by nearly a dozen publications.

“The opportunity to develop Enemy Territory QUAKE Wars has been mind-blowingly cool!” said Splash Damage Owner and Creative Director Paul Wedgwood. “The passion and effort put in by our team at Splash Damage, combined with the amazing direction and mentoring we’ve received from id Software has lead to an award-winning game that we’re incredibly proud of. Our team can’t wait to join fans across the globe to fight in Earth’s battle for survival!”

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars for Windows PC is rated “T” by the ESRB and carries a suggested retail price of $49.99 for the regular edition and $59.99 for the Limited Collector’s Edition. To learn more about the game and to secure a pre-ordered copy, visit http://www.enemyterritory.com/.

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars takes place in the year 2065 and gives gamers the chance to play as the GDF or Strogg in one of five unique character classes, either online or offline with computer controlled AI teammates and opponents. Employing an arsenal of weapons, vehicles and deployable armaments, players engage in an action-packed test of skill and coordinated teamwork through a series of combat objectives. Persistent character growth and achievements reward players for teamwork, while clearly defined mission and class objectives guide new players to meaningful contributions on the battlefield.

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars is also in development by Nerve Software for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and by Activision Foster City for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Quake Wars THREAD -- Update: GOLDEN; Oct 2nd in the USA, Sept 28th in Europe
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 30, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »
I am so sad that this game will probably be unplayable on my connection.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: Quake Wars THREAD -- Update: GOLDEN; Oct 2nd in the USA, Sept 28th in Europe
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 30, 2007, 11:54:12 PM »
Yeah, same here. This would be my most anticipated title if I had a decent connection.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 12:29:39 AM »
Is anyone here getting it?  Because I'm only getting it if we have a bunch of huge fragfests.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 12:52:40 AM »
Talk to me after the demo releases and I can see if its playable. I would LOVE to play it...but we'll see.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 04:42:49 AM »
Awesome.  I was just watching some vids of this the other day and it looks badass.  I'll probably pick it up for 360 since my PC is getting pretty old.

On another note -- T for teen???  I could have sworn this was an Id game.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 05:49:32 AM »
I'm pretty interested in it, but we'll see.  I had a lot of time to dedicate to Wolf, but that kind of commitment would never fly now.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 01:40:07 PM »
Awesome.  I was just watching some vids of this the other day and it looks badass.  I'll probably pick it up for 360 since my PC is getting pretty old.

On another note -- T for teen???  I could have sworn this was an Id game.

Splash Damage is making it.

But, yeah -- it's Quake, so it's funny this thing's going to be T.
I figured it'd be M, as well.

Quake was usually pretty bloody, violent, and people being blown into pieces...

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 03:48:15 PM »
But this is just an MP game though isn't? So it'll be just as bloody as UT I guess.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 07:44:30 PM »
SDK will be eventually coming after the game's released, too -- among other things.

Enemy Territory QUAKE Wars is GOLD!
Submitted by Locki on Thu, 2007-08-30 16:12.

Back in 2003, we started exchanging design ideas with id Software for what started out as a fairly modest attempt to evolve the team-play in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Now, four years later, Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars has officially gone GOLD! For those of you not familiar with the development term, going gold means that the retail game is complete, and that master DVDs have gone to manufacturing, and will then head to stores. This makes us especially proud, not just because of the incredible passion and effort that the development teams have invested these past four years, but especially because of the amazing support the community has given us.

We could never have dreamed that before we had even released the game, we would have had over 100,000 posts on the game's forums, over 80,000 registrants for the Betas, or that we would meet thousands of you in person in London, Los Angeles, Dallas, New York, and Germany on the many ETQW tours and events we've attended.

It is a direct result of your support and the buzz that you've all generated both here, and on more than fifty fan-sites in so many different countries and languages that Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars has won so many awards, but most importantly, has been the subject of more great community feedback on the Betas than I've ever seen at any time with any other game.

Of course this is just the beginning of the next phase – that of the ongoing support for Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars. Our first goal after completing the game's demo (planned for release in mid-September - we're working on that right now) will be to watch closely and address any issues that come up in the first few weeks after the game's release. Next, we'll be putting the polish on the Software Developers Kit, including the Source Code, Level Design Tools and documentation to make sure mod-makers get what they need.

So it is with our deepest gratitude that we'd like to thank all of the community members that have contributed so much to helping us get the game to gold.

The game's retail release is on September the 28th for Europe and Australia, and October the 2nd in North America. We can't wait to see you all on the servers!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Quake Wars THREAD -- Update: Patched to 1.1 before release of game!!!
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 01, 2007, 06:48:21 AM »
GSpot review and video review... by Kevin VanOrd?  What the fuck?  Mr. Happy RPG guy apparently also plays shooters.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Quake Wars THREAD -- Update: Patched to 1.1 before release of game!!!
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »
Been Patched to now Version 1.2

ETQW 1.2 Update Notes

* Added voice over IP (VoIP). A new menu has been added to the settings menu that will allow this to be configured. The PC must have a microphone configured properly via the Windows Control Panel in order for it to work in game.
    * Comprehensive bot improvements
    * Medic revive/health drop XP bonus (20%).
    * Light weapons xp bonus (10%) (reduce the cost for each upgrade by 10%, not increasing the actual xp given).
    * Threaded renderer: enable via r_useThreadedRenderer 2, when from console in main menu, can not enable in game.
    * further optimization of pre-generated shadows, across all maps.
    * Alternative mouse input method (enabled by default) using the Raw Input API. Disabled by setting m_rawInput 0.
    * Fixed high DPI mice dropping input in certain situations.
    * Added support for quadraphonic and 7.1 speaker setups.
    * Made vehicle wheels appearing to clip through the ground less common.
    * Fixed Titan engine shutdown sound getting cut off when switching seats.
    * Spectators come to a complete stop instead of infinitely drifting slowly up or down.
    * Vehicle horn sounds don't play when the vehicle is underwater.
    * Fixed respawning player being visible in a standing pose over their corpse briefly when they respawn when unlockFPS is enabled.
    * Sniper rifle & railgun tracers appear no matter how far away you are from the firer.
    * Technician can now switch to other tools while sprinting after changing to his stroyent tool.
    * Fireteams are saved across map transitions.
    * Fade in vehicle panel/fireteam dialogs.
    * Added tool tip explaining the time limit functionality in the play computer shell.
    * Remember the chosen class when the admin forces a player to the other team.
    * Added EMP effect for all deployables/vehicles while they are disabled.
    * Added total XP tool tip for the different proficiency types when mousing over them in the overview tab in the stats.
    * Gray out quick chat item "I'm disguised" when not in disguise.
    * Lighting Pistol: Fixed not overheating at the same rate if tapping the fire key instead of holding it down.
    * Fixed not graying out drop down button in admin menu when "Add bot" is disabled.
    * Hide friend/foe indicators while going through the Slipgate teleporter.
    * Fixed occasionally seeing a spectator's command map icon if there was a radar deployed.
    * Health Packs and Stroyent Cells now have separate uses count on the stats page.
    * Fixed treating mining laser objective as a destroy objective instead of construct objective with regards to stats.
    * Fixed not resetting radial timer on deployable notify icon when the icon is created.
    * Send a tool tip instead of a chat message when a fireteam is disbanded.
    * Fixed players seeing the enter vehicle icon on the MCP when it is deployed at an outpost when another player is occupying the gunner seat.
    * Fixed driver not getting a tool tip when he is kicked for driving in the wrong direction.
    * Grenade Launcher: Always display "Grenade Launcher" obituary even if using bullets.
    * Plasma Launcher: Always display "Plasma Launcher" obituary even if using Lacerator.
    * Fixed when a Strogg player delivers an Energy Cell back to the Strogg ship, the objective icon next to his name in the scoreboard does not disappear until he dies.
    * Fixed not resetting decoy charge bar when switching from driver to another vehicle seat.
    * Notify client when client has been muted/unmated from text chat or VOIP.
    * Joining a game in progress displays "Warm up(Waiting for more players to ready up)" in the in game scoreboard.
    * If a spectator switches to spectate a player firing a one-shot per charge bar vehicle weapon the charge bar will not update properly.
    * Now hides energy segments when holding the landmine.
    * Fixed the charge notify icon disappearing for someone who has planted a charge, that is dead and spectating someone else while the spectatee charge explodes.
    * Fixed charge notify icon not disappearing if you arm a charge you are not the owner of.
    * Added option to save account password.
    * Added a message history to friends/clan chats.
    * Added an option to keep the message friend/clan member window open after sending a message.
    * Added a Favorites source, similar to History.
    * Added Time/Date information to the Replay page.
    * Added Delete button to the Replay page.
    * Added option to disable the Complaint popup after you are team killed.
    * Added built in support for 1280x960 and 1400x1050 video modes.
    * Fixed the server list getting a new list every time Play Online was entered.
    * Fixed the server list getting a new list every time a filter changes.
    * Fixed display of servers with < and > in their names.
    * Changed bot filter to filter out a server only if it's completely full of bots.
    * Changed obituary and chat text to a smaller font size.
    * Changed menu transitions to make it more obvious that there were new choices when entering the options menu.
    * Adjusted energy cell drop-pod rubble in Quarry so players can't clip through it.
    * Added EMP sparks and effects to "disabled" vehicles and deployables.
    * Added unique hit sound for headshots.
    * Slight increase in damage distance falloff for all Lacerator variants.
    * Reduced damage distance falloff start point to 25% of weapon range for the Sniper Rifle and Railgun.
    * Slight reduction in maximum spread for standing and crouching stances for standard Lacerator and Plasma Launcher variant.
    * Reduced firing rate for Grenade Launcher variant to match the Scoped Assault Rifle.
    * Reduced firing rate for Plasma Launcher variant to match the Accurised Lacerator.
    * Improved initial accuracy for Pistol and Blaster.
    * Slight increase to fire rate for both Shotgun and Nailgun.
    * Anansi and Tormentor take longer to repair.
    * Constructing the mining laser should count as a primary objective for stats purposes now.
    * Outskirts: removed two deploy squares that were directly below Strogg spawns.
    * Slipgate: fixed fogging on decals on the Antarctic-side structures.
    * Valley: raised flight ceiling to allow aircraft to navigate more of the map.
    * Volcano: fixed a number of holes in the terrain and missing faces on geometry.
    * Roughly 1/3 Drop in Light Weapons and Battle Sense requirements for each level unlock from:

Level 1 10
      Level 2 20
      Level 3 40
      Level 4 80

To

Level 1 8
      Level 2 16
      Level 3 32
      Level 4 64
    * Roughly 1/4 drop in all class requirements for unlocks. This means that Soldier, Medic, Engineer, Covert Ops, Field Ops and Strogg equivalents would change from:

Level 1 15
      Level 2 30
      Level 3 60
      Level 4 120

To

Level 1 12
      Level 2 24
      Level 3 48
      Level 4 96

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Quake Wars THREAD -- Update: Patched now to 1.2
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 05:59:23 PM »
There are some good fixes in there.  I'm interested in trying out the threaded renderer.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 08:45:22 AM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 05:32:42 PM »
Another delayed patch today -- Quake Wars Patch 1.4 gets pushed back to Jan 2008.

Namely, to clear up an issue that comes up about w/ ATI users that they are trying to fix.

ETQW 1.4 Status Update
Submitted by badman on Thu, 2007-12-20 19:10.

We know you're all waiting eagerly for the 1.4 update to be released and I've got a brief status update for you. Quality Assurance testing has turned up a few issues with 1.4 that need to be addressed before it can go out the public. One of them is specific to ATI cards, so we're working closely with the guys over at AMD / ATi to get this resolved as quickly as possible, while also making sure that the rest of the update is as solid as can be. We don't expect this to be resolved before the new year, so we're now aiming to release 1.4 in early January 2008.

Despite the update not being out in time, we here at Splash Damage and id Software would like to wish all of you fantastic holidays and we hope you have a great 2008!

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
Re: Quake Wars THREAD -- Update: GameSpot slams X360 version with a 6.5
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 02, 2008, 07:41:16 AM »
I got this game on GoGamer a few weeks back when it was like 14 bucks or something and it's awesome.  At first I didn't like it -- the demo was decent but it didn't grab me.  I just ended up buying it because it was so cheap and I love everything Quake.  It's definitely super addictive.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 02, 2008, 09:31:38 AM »
My sig is for this game, which I loved initially.  But it didn't grab me like the Wolfenstein games did and I haven't played in months.

Then I was playing CoD4 and went back to this and it was weird.  I was used to a few bullets killing a guy in CoD4 and it was strange to go back to ET:QW after that.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 02, 2008, 01:34:20 PM »
I got this game on GoGamer a few weeks back when it was like 14 bucks or something and it's awesome.  At first I didn't like it -- the demo was decent but it didn't grab me.  I just ended up buying it because it was so cheap and I love everything Quake.  It's definitely super addictive.

I bought for $20 quite a while back from Gogamer -- yeah, it's definitely worth the money.

EDIT:
IGN slams the X360 version, too -- score of 6.2
« Last Edit: Monday, June 02, 2008, 06:26:15 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 30, 2008, 03:17:28 PM »
Remember Wolfenstein: ET? 5th Anniversary for us all -- Source .MAP files for all six maps are out there for DLing.

So, why'd I put it in this thread?

They say with a little bit of texture path replacements, yup -- these maps WILL work in QUAKE WARS.

Hmmm...Let's see how long it takes until modders got these maps up and running in QW.

Wolfenstein: ET Map Source Files [June 30, 2008, 09:40 am ET] - Viewing Comments
Splash Damage now offers downloads of the map source files from Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, the teamplay World War II shooter. This is said to be a "belated present to mark Wolf:ET's fifth birthday," and since the files were posted on Friday, our story is belated as well. The release includes source .map files for all six of the officially released maps for a mere 6 MB download.

Word is that these maps can also be used in Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars: "On a side note, for those of you wanting to import the maps into Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars, jRAD and Torchy assure me that this is indeed possible as EditWorld will happily import *.map files. Keep in mind that it will require some of the obvious texture path replacements and entity work, though."

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 30, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »
Aren't they working on RtCW II as well?  That should be pretty awesome.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 30, 2008, 04:26:18 PM »
Aren't they working on RtCW II as well?  That should be pretty awesome.
Splash Damage is not working on RTCW 2.
Raven is working on RTCW 2.