Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights 2 Modules  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Neverwinter Nights 2 Modules
« on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 04:41:24 AM »
Pool of Radiance Remastered
Markus "Wayne" Schlegel, the author of the A Hunt through the Dark series has formed a team to create his own interpretation of the mother of all AD&D computer roleplaying games: THE POOL OF RADIANCE. They plan to split the
legendary story of ssi's classic into 4 chapters with many details, roleplaying elements and deep atmosphere.

Chapter 1 is available now. Please visit our site at www.schlegels.de to get the latest news about the following chapters.

The Adventurer’s Journal is your guide to the Pool of Radiance Remastered. It is also your character's diary and contains useful information which your character has gathered about Phlan. As such, your journal will grow with each new adventure that your character experiences, and every new chapter of Pool of Radiance Remastered that you play.

It is worth keeping in mind that, as with the journal from the original Pool of Radiance(1988), not every piece of information is true. Of course, some of this is due to the very nature of rumours. But sometimes your character will hear and record lies only to discover their actual veracity later. The task of sorting falsehood from heartspoken truth will fall to you and your character.

I though Pug in particular may enjoy this module, and MyD just might as well :D

Offline HxCeddie

Re: Neverwinter Nights 2 Modules
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 07:39:30 PM »
*pumps fist in the air*

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 08:40:53 PM »
Sounds better than this Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor (2001)

Perhaps worst of all, the game shipped with some egregious technical problems. While there aren't necessarily a great number of bugs, the ones that do exist are particularly serious. At one point the game consistently crashed when it saved, which required the game to be reinstalled. Even if you designate a different directory when running the game's installation utility, the game will always be installed to your program files directory on your C: hard drive. While we were able to uninstall, and reinstall, the program uneventfully, others have reported that uninstalling the game deleted their hard drives as a result of this glitch. Gameplay frequently slowed down to a snail's pace, suggesting the game suffers from memory leaks or is otherwise incompatible with certain hardware. There are also reports in newsgroups and on message boards indicating that some retail packages of the game shipped with missing discs.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 11:10:11 PM »
*pumps fist in the air*

You are into RPGs ed?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 29, 2007, 04:22:59 AM »
Sounds better than this Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor (2001)

I remember Pug suffered greatly from that bug! His whole C drive was wiped when he tried to uninstall the game! :P

Offline HxCeddie

« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 29, 2007, 09:16:28 AM »
Of course Pug. Me and my roommate have been slowly making our way through NWN 2.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 29, 2007, 01:25:31 PM »
Wow sweet. Have you tried stuff like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2?

Offline HxCeddie

« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 29, 2007, 05:20:38 PM »
Yeah, I've played RPGs for awhile. Planetscape, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Diablo, etc.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 11, 2007, 07:20:59 AM »
Yeah, I've played RPGs for awhile. Planetscape, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Diablo, etc.
Ahhhh.......gotta' love the Black Isle games.... :)

The original Diablo, eh....SP was "okay", MP was good though. I lived on Diablo MP, back in the days.