Author Topic: Devil May Cry 3 sucks  (Read 3166 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Devil May Cry 3 sucks
« on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 04:58:27 PM »
I'd say they all do, but it's the only one I've played since I haven't picked any up for ps2 and it's the only one with a pc version.

Anyways, it's pretty cool for the first half or so.  There's some awesome action and the 'style' system adds a lot to the game.  The only thing for the first bit is that some of the cut scenes are ridiculous.  Why the fuck would you hop on a rocket, ride it around a room, and yell 'wooo hoooo!' over and over again for no reason?  It's not extreme, it doesn't look cool, and it adds nothing.  But whatever, that kind of stuff is easy to ignore.

And then about 4 hours later you get a bad ass new weapon;  a guitar that shoots lighting and bats out of it when you play a riff.  So, lets go over the weapons I've gotten so far:

-Badass sword versions 1 and 2
-Badass nunchucks with three 'bars' that freeze people
-Two pistols that let you do awesome things with them
-Shotgun
-lazer gun from hell
-badass living twin swords, one fire, one wind
-a gun that could basically take down a building in one shot

-bat and lighting guitar. 

Where the fuck does that come in and why the fuck is dante playing a shitty solo with explosions going off all around him when he gets it? 

I know I should be able to look past it, but I totally cant.  Ninja Gaiden wins.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Devil May Cry 3 sucks
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 05:18:46 PM »
Does this game support a PC GamePad?

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 05:22:25 PM »
Does this game support a PC GamePad?

I don't see a gamepad helping him here.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 05:26:45 PM »
I don't see a gamepad helping him here.

Hey, what's that got to do w/ my question? :P

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 07:08:33 PM »
You're asking the wrong question.  The question is why are none of your questions ever relevant?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 07:27:40 PM »
You're asking the wrong question.
We know he don't like the game. :P
Don't need to ask another question on that, do I? :P

The question is why are none of your questions ever relevant?
Well, since it was originally a console game, wouldn't it just make sense to ask if it supports a PC controller???

It might play better on one of those, if they didn't port the game well.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 07:56:16 PM »
Yes, it supports a gamepad, but the configuration options for it are minimal.  You can only set the buttons, but can't change the axis' at all.  If it wasn't for XBCD and an xbox gamepad, I wouldn't have been able to set the camera to the right stick (not that it's really a big issue).

The port is fine (functional at least), but the problem is the whole whacked ass japanese x-treme thing they felt the need to include.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:19:09 PM »
We know he don't like the game. :P
Don't need to ask another question on that, do I? :P

Well gee did you need to post anything at all?

Well, since it was originally a console game, wouldn't it just make sense to ask if it supports a PC controller???
Yeah if his post was about how badly the game feels on a keyboard and mouse.

It might play better on one of those, if they didn't port the game well.

He never said it didn't play well, its just that the game sucks balls. And i've watched my mates play this over and over again, it's just a time sink and it looks pretty s***.

Man this is irritating breaking up someone elses post and answering it line by line - like I'm speaking to children or something.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:25:30 PM »
Heh, I was flipping channels earlier today and passed by g4 when they were showing a clip of the guitar. That's odd that you make a post about it. Anyways, carry on...

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:38:46 PM »
I remember reading an interview with one of the directors saying he was bringing back Dante's brash smart ass attitude that was missing from the second one and they were going with more over the top "cheesy" moments like the moment you mentioned with the guitar.  I personally found a lot of those moments funny as hell, the guitar part had me laughing pretty hard.  It's better than him being quiet for almost the entire fucking game like he was in DMC2.  I personally enjoyed DMC3 the most, especially the different fighting styles and the ramped up difficulty of the game, it felt very fulfilling to beat that game.  You're not the only one to complain about DMC3's cheesy factor though, I guess its just a difference of taste and I was able to look past it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:41:55 PM »
I love the DMC games but I *hate* Dante.  I think he's one of the most idiotic characters ever.  Even from a standpoint of being intentionally cheesy he fails miserably.  Still, I do tend to laugh at him and the games themselves are awesome fun even despite that stuff.  I play 3 for the high level of difficulty and the crazy gameplay, not because I give a shit about Dante or his story.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:46:37 PM »
You're asking the wrong question.  The question is why are none of your questions ever relevant?

;D

I was trying to figure out why D seems like a journalist to me. I think many a time his questions end with not one question mark but a hundred question marks. It is as if he is saying, answer me or else.

And what you pointed out is the second thing. He is like a lawyer/journalist thing...

*D in court*

D: How are you?

Witness: Good.

D: Are you enjoying your tea?

Witness: Yes, thank you.

D: The china is nice isn't it?

Witness: Yes very lovely.

D: Look at the textures, and the color depth.

Witness: Yes very nice. :)

D: YOU KILLED YOUR HUSBAND DIDN'T YOU BITCH??? ???

Witness: Oh My Gawd! YES! AAAAAAAAAAH!

D: That is a very nice dress. :) How much did it cost you? Is it linear or are there multiple points of entry?

Witness: *head explodes*

*closing arguments*

D: Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:49:13 PM »
I think I've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that D is indeed Johnny Cochrane.

Also I have DMC3 cause I found it cheap, but never got around to it. GPW's comments aren't encouraging heh.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 12:23:33 AM »
Give it a try.  Don't get me wrong the game mechanics aren't bad at all ... it's just that the atmosphere kind of clashes with the whole 'wacky demon playing guitar and doing extreme shit' aspect. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 01:04:47 AM »
I never understood it either.  Bizarre design choices.  Still a damn fun game.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 03:32:55 AM »
Anyway, yes the game does have gamepad support (its actually preferable).

It's not terrible, but it is monotonous. Very repetitive.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 02:49:01 PM »
I think I've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that D is indeed Johnny Cochrane.

LMAO!!!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 07, 2008, 05:55:23 AM »

Also I have DMC3 cause I found it cheap, but never got around to it. GPW's comments aren't encouraging heh.

I just picked this DMC3 PC up dirt-cheap yesterday myself for the PC ($6, then throw in that 20%). Another game I hope to eventually get around to.

I have been waiting for DMC4 PC to drop in price, since I thought the DMC4 PC demo was cool -- so, this will probably hold me over.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 07, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »
The PC port is really fucking awful.  The game itself is pretty awesome, though.  Hopefully it works okay for you and you can enjoy it, but you should really invest in a PS2.