Author Topic: C&C 3 THREAD -- No C&C3 patch coming soon, though Kane's Wrath will be patched  (Read 7992 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
C&C3: Tiberium has gone GOLD for the PC.

Gold - Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars [March 12, 2007, 1:30 pm ET] - Viewing Comments
EA announces that Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is gold, and the PC edition of the real-time strategy sequel will appear on shelves worldwide on March 28, with the Xbox 360 edition to follow in the coming months:

EA Los Angeles (EALA) is pleased to announce that the highly anticipated Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars™ for the PC has officially gone gold and will be on stores shelves Nationwide March 28.

Fast and fluid gameplay, a breakthrough single player campaign, the ability to transform online battles into a spectator sport, next-generation graphics, and an epic story with full-motion video sequences featuring top Hollywood talent, mark the return of the genre-defining Command & Conquer™ series.

The recent demo release for Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars reached an amazing 1 million downloads in its first week. If you haven’t had a chance to play the demo, visit http://www.commandandconquer.com/intel/default.aspx?id=25 to download the demo today!

The demo includes one tutorial mission, two single player missions featuring live action video sequences, one skirmish map with varying difficulty settings, and one live action trailer montage featuring Tricia Helfer, Josh Holloway, Joe Kucan, Michael Ironside, Jennifer Morrison, Billy Dee Williams, and Grace Park.

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars is rated “T” (Teen) by the ESRB and has a US MSRP of $49.99. A special, numbered collector’s edition will be available simultaneously and has a US MSRP of $59.99. Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars™: Kane Edition is a definitive collectible for any Command & Conquer or Real-time Strategy fan and will feature an enormous amount of exclusive content including a bonus DVD with a behind the scenes documentary, deleted scenes, a blooper reel, a series of gameplay strategy videos, and more. The Kane Edition will also feature exclusive in-game content and wallpapers.

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars will also be available in the coming months for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system. For more information about Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars or the Command & Conquer series, please visit the official site at www.CommandAndConquer.com.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 08:34:41 PM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars = GOLDEN; due for PC on March 28th
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 02:43:50 PM »
I still don't fully understand how RTS games make it on consoles?? Can you attach a mouse to the console or what??

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 03:00:12 PM »
I am jumping up and down with excitement.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 04:10:12 PM »
I still don't fully understand how RTS games make it on consoles?? Can you attach a mouse to the console or what??

Nevermind the fact you have an analogue stick....
Think I might give this a go but I think I'm a little over the whole RTS thing.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 05:45:11 PM »
Good news for those who are fans of the C&C series.  I am not one of them.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 02:57:07 PM »
9.0 from Gamespot, nice. I'm sure it'll run like crap on my rig though.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2007, 07:48:08 PM »
Patch 1.1 released for C&C3: TW.

Patch 1.1 IS LIVE!
Posted:Mar 27, 2007 4:11 PM    

Hey everyone,

PATCH 1.1 IS LIVE, log online and download now!

This day 1 patch addresses some very important fixes and exploits. I also want to note that we are already working on patch 1.2 which will technically be our first major patch with balance changes, more bug fixes, added maps, etc. That is slated for late April. But today... you get to download patch 1.1 :o)

IMPORTANT NOTE: We have made an option in patch 1.1 that will allow you to turn off the Kane Edition skins if you'd like. This is purely a matter of preference, so if you want the normal skins, download the patch and have at it!

You'll need to log online to download the patch now that it is live.

Below is the change-list.

Version 1.1 Launcher File - March, 2007
============================

This patch for Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars fixes several bugs and exploits:

Exploits

· Scrin Mastermind's Teleport Units ability maximum range reduced.

· GDI Engineers, Nod Saboteurs, and Scrin Assimilators can no longer capture structures when under the effects of the Scrin's Phase Field ability.

Optimizations

· Improved video playback on low-end system configurations.

Balance Changes

· Scrin Storm Column cost / build time increased to 3,000 credits / 30 seconds.

· Scrin Buzzer health reduced to 75 and weapon damage changed to SNIPER.

Bug Fixes

· Fixed an error that would occasionally result in a crash in Nod vs. Nod matches on the multiplayer map Deadly Sertao.

· Fixed issues with automated map transfer ability in multiplayer.

· Fixed an error that would sometimes cause a Commentator's telestrator drawings to not erase when intended during BattleCast matches.

· Fixed issues with replay file playback.

· Fixed placeholder text and chat log errors with the Comrade in- game chat window.

Other Changes

· References to Nod's "Avatar Warmech" unit have been changed to "Avatar".

-Predator

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars THREAD -- Update: Patch 1.1 Released
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2007, 12:36:54 AM »
9.0 from Gamespot, nice. I'm sure it'll run like crap on my rig though.

I am not a fan of the series in the least, but I am glad to see it scored well.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars THREAD -- Update: Patch 1.1 Released
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2007, 03:00:39 AM »
Yea I watched the video review, the guy was pretty jazzed about it. I think he did a pretty good job reviewing it too.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars THREAD -- Update: Patch 1.2 = tomorrow
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2007, 08:26:15 PM »
Patch 1.2 will be released around 12-24 hours from around now for this game

Yeah, so patch due sometime tomorrow....

Hi guys,

We realize that the launch of Command & Conquer 3 hasn’t been completely smooth, and while some initial bumps are to be expected for most software releases, we want you to know that we’re actively working on addressing all the issues that are being reported online as possible in the form of a 1.2 patch, which we intend to release in the next 12-24 hours. Here’s what that patch will address:

1. Disconnects or freezes in the game lobbies

We’ve noticed that the game can sometimes hang for a bit, freeze altogether, or boot players back out to the main menu when they’re simply chatting in the online lobbies. GameSpy addressed part of the problem by implementing a server-side change late last night, and the frequency of this problem seems to have significantly diminished. However, we do know that some people are still experiencing this problem, and we are investigating several options to tackle this issue on our end as well. We’re hoping that the 1.2 patch will have additional fixes for this lobby hang/freeze problem.

2. Frequent lobby refresh

The game lobbies are refreshing themselves very frequently right now, which makes clicking on and joining games somewhat frustrating because of the constantly shifting/resetting scrollbar. This issue will be fixed in the 1.2 patch.

3. Updated patcher

The patch itself will update the Command & Conquer 3 patch utility to ensure that the problems encountered with the 1.1 patch don’t happen again in the future. Specifically, some users weren’t prompted to download the 1.1 patch automatically when they went online in the game or clicked on the Check for Updates button on the Command & Conquer 3 Control Center. This fix should prevent that from happening again.

As previously mentioned, this patch should be ready for launch in about 12-24 hours. We’ll have an automated downloadable version, as well as a self-extracting patch for those that wish to install it manually. We’ll have an updated ETA on 1.2 a little later on today.

Additionally, we’re tracking other issues that are unrelated to the forthcoming patch.

1. Sluggish reporting of match results

Many games are taking longer than anticipated to report their results (up to two hours) to the ranked and unranked 1v1 and 2v2 ladders. We are weighing several potential solutions to address this problem on our end, though the most likely fix for this issue will come from GameSpy in the form of a server-side change that will go live sometime this evening.

2. Registration problems

A small number of users have noted problems while attempting to register. Command & Conquer 3 uses an application called EREG to register the game, and EREG requires Flash to be installed on the user’s machine. If you’re experiencing a crash with EREG, make sure that you have the latest version of Macromedia Flash installed on your computer.

3. Inability to connect to Command & Conquer Online

If you’ re having trouble connecting the game online, make sure that Command & Conquer 3 is included in your router’s firewall exemption list (you may have to set this manually). Likewise, some virus protection software many interfere with the game’s ability to go online, so you may want to try disabling any such software that you have running in the background. Lastly, reference the game’s readme for instructions on how to open up additional ports on your router if you continue to have trouble connecting to Command & Conquer Online.

Again, thanks for bearing with us. We appreciate your patience as we get through the initial teething of Command & Conquer 3.

-Predator

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars THREAD -- Patch 1.02 coming tomorrow!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 07:15:46 PM »
C&C3 gets patched to 1.02

Hey everyone,

Patch 1.02 is now live. This addresses a number of critical technical issues relating to the patching process and our lobby system.

CRITICAL NOTE - If you were having issues connecting online to download patch 1.01 yesterday, we are making the EXE of patch 1.02 available later today around the late afternoon on our official site for direct download. If you still cannot connect online to download patch 1.02, then you'll need to download the EXE for your country which will be available on our official site in just a bit.

Below are the read-me notes for patch 1.02 and 1.01.

Version 1.02 Patch Notes - March 29, 2007

=============================

This patch for Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars addresses two issues:

Bug Fixes

· Fixed an error that caused the list of available matches in the Custom Match Lobby to constantly refresh to the top of the list.

Other Changes

· Improved the patching process to ensure all players are prompted to receive the latest version of the game when attempting to play online or using the "Check for Updates" feature in the Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Control Center utility.

-Predator
« Last Edit: Monday, April 02, 2007, 01:38:53 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars THREAD -- Patch 1.03 released
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 02, 2007, 01:37:34 PM »
Patch 1.03 has been released.

1.04 is already in the works, BTW.

EDIT for 4/6/2007
------------------
Status on Patch 1.04 -- which is coming soon and what some of the fixes are.

And status on patches in the future.

Looks like it might be a while until the next Patch after 1.04 will be done.

Hey guys,

Alright, an update here from the battle-lines.

Battlecast Archive matches are back up and working! We corrected an error on the back-end, so now all of your archive matches are available to click and boot up, start checking out all the hot matches!

Stat Update - So we are fully aware of the stats and ranking issue and are working hard to address it. Stats are not getting updated quickly enough. Do not worry, will resolve this. Right now is more or less practice time. We have not initiated ladder tournaments or seasons or prizes and will not do so until we are comfortable with everything. We are close, but do not worry.

We are also very close to releasing patch 1.04, what we hope to be the last of our emergency patches until we release the first major bug/balance patch (also heavily in the works).

Patch 1.04 is going to help address the audio-video sync error, further crashes within the lobbies, desyncs related to watching Battlecast matches, and localizing the online multiplayer lobbies.

Please note - the stats issue is not a patch issue, that can be fixed without a patch.

This should help clear up any confused and update you guys on the current situation, thanks!

-Predator
« Last Edit: Friday, April 06, 2007, 02:31:05 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars THREAD -- Patch 1.04 released
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 07, 2007, 10:10:26 AM »
Patch 1.04 is out

Version 1.04 Patch Notes - April 6, 2007

=========================================

Optimizations

--Made further improvements to video playback on low-end Windows XP system configurations. Bug Fixes

--Fixed an error that caused some players to crash or disconnect while in online lobbies.

--Fixed an error that caused players with semicolon (';'), colon (':'), comma (','), or equal sign ('=') characters in their Online IDs to not be able to see and select options from dropdown menus in online multiplayer lobbies. These characters are no longer permissible in Online IDs.

--Fixed an error that caused players to desync when watching a BattleCast match in which one of the participants disconnected.

Other Fixes

--All online multiplayer game lobbies will now appear properly localized in different languages.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars THREAD -- Patch 1.04 released on April 7, '07
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 07, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »
Is anyone playing this? I just tried the demo and I must say the game seems pretty darn good. It plays a lot like first 2 and best thing yet... My PC can run it! HAHA.
But yeah I got my butt handed to me in the 2nd mission but I was still having fun!

Edit: I went back and played the 2nd mission again, this time I took a faster approach and steam over NOD easy. Still a lot of fun, based just on the demos I think C&C3 is more of what I want from and RTS than Sup Com - Sup Com never interested me to even finish the mission  ???
But like Q I'm not that keen to buy it.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 08, 2007, 09:15:25 PM by Jedi »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars THREAD -- Patch 1.04 released on April 7,
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 07, 2007, 04:44:53 PM »
It does seem like this game actually turned out pretty damned good.  I still don't really have any desire to play it, but the consensus thus far is that it's really good stuff.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline beo

• Veteran
Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars THREAD -- Patch 1.04 released on April 7, '07
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2007, 01:19:29 PM »
the game is excellent. i haven't got time to say what's so good about it right now, i'll just say that it's really good fun. as a hardcore c&c fan, i feel that this is a very worthy succesor to generals.

i did, however, have to crack the game to get it running on my system - and given that i haven't got net access at my flat at the moment, so had to download the crack on a fucking phone (which took forever), i was really fucking pissed off. before i took this root, i uninstalled daemon tools, alcohol 120, nero, blindwrite and every other peice of software that might offend ea - but still no dice. i even tried installing windows xp (i use 2000 - which the game isn't really compatible with, but that's a whole other fucked up thing i wont go into).

because i spent the best part of a day trying to sort this out, and because my time is valuable, in future, i will be pirating any game that i would otherwise buy from ea to recoup costs.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2007, 02:04:31 PM »
Why wouldn't it run without a crack?

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2007, 02:50:07 PM »
So I bought this too - helps pass the time when I'm off work sick.
The game just wouldn't run without a patch so I was a little pissed off that it took me nearly 2 hours to get it running!

Anyway I stormed through most of the GDI missions I believe I've got 2 missions left and its so addictive! It feels very old school and doesn't try too hard to do anything new and in this case that's a good thing. The game moves pretty quickly at one stage I had to stop and say "and how am I going to do that when their busy busting up my base?!".
Like I said it feels old school but its been dusted off and updated just slightly so the missions aren't anything new. One that stands out has you taking control of a base that's being attacked on all sides by Nod, you have to turn the base defences on and off as needed and you don't have a construction yard to replace them. Then the MCV appears you need to continue defending the base and go get it. That was a lot of fun.

The cut scenes are good to watch but that guy from star wars is a dick.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars THREAD -- Patch 1.04 released on April 7,
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2007, 09:12:34 AM »
It does seem like this game actually turned out pretty damned good.  I still don't really have any desire to play it, but the consensus thus far is that it's really good stuff.
Yeah, but you hear that about every C&C game and they all suck.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2007, 09:42:58 AM »
Yea I think either you are into it, or not. I am totally not.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2007, 01:02:46 PM »
Why wouldn't it run without a crack?

because of the retarded copy protection that won't let you run the game if you have (or have ever) had one of the aforementioned pieces of software on your system.

Yeah, but you hear that about every C&C game and they all suck.

yeah, if you don't like c&c, i doubt this game is going to change your mind. i really do think it's great (possibly the best one so far - a bit early to say that yet though), but it is still very much c&c.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 12:08:49 AM »
I picked up the game over the weekend and have been enjoying myself a great deal too. I think I've got maybe one mission left with the GDI at this point. Not much to add beyond what's been said, but I will say that the game is damned pretty and there might not be another RTS that makes things blow up quite as nice except maybe Company of Heros, but that's a different deal.

Something I've always had a hard time with C&C was taking the ammount of risks necessary to do well with the style of play the series has always rewarded. Generally, I'm a conservative player with RTS and don't like to put any troops on the line for anything, but with C&C you have to just let go and let men die to hold a front for a few minutes. This time around I've managed to get over things and it's led to some really great fights. I had one in particually where my resources were completely tapped and I was pushing my way into an enemy base. At this point I just had one major structure left to destroy and while I could repel the wave of enemies coming at me they were picking off my force and it was looking pretty close. One cool thing is bigger vehicles leave a husk when you destroy them and engineers can repair them allowing you control them. In between a wave I was able to get an engineer in there and reclaim a lost heavy artilery piece which was just the thing I needed to tip the battle in my favor. It was a pretty sweet couple of minutes in there.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 12:33:36 AM »
Hmm I think I play a lot like you Sy. Good to hear that you've given it ago and that you like it.
I finished the GDI missions the first mission in the last act was bloody cool!

I started the Nod missions last night all i'll say is I must change my style of play, Nod units aren't as good or as powerful as GDI.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 12:43:17 AM »
THANK GOD SY GOT A NEW PC GAME!

WHEEEEE!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 01:06:57 AM »
AMEN BROTHER!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 08:09:44 AM »
I went to pick this up at Best Buy the other day but they were sold out. I need something to play until I get my 360 Elite on the 29th!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 08:48:25 PM »
woot. got a copy. working my way through GDI missions and its great so far. Jennifer Morrison is super hawt.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2007, 10:59:36 PM »
Yes she is.

Wait... she is in the game?

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 07:42:15 AM »
Yes she is.

Wait... she is in the game?

Yes she is  :-*
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 09:02:42 AM »
I saw her first. Back off.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 09:26:09 AM »
I saw her first. Back off.

Lies. She is mine.

I know that one day she and I are gonna to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 10:20:39 AM »
Lies. She is mine.

I know that one day she and I are gonna to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited.

That's because she'd leave you instantly.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
why don't you shut your face!!! jerk!!!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:21:23 AM »
Dudes, this game is bad-ass. It is a little different than other C&C's in that ALL YOUR GUYS DIE. It almost has a Total Annihilation feel to it. Yeah so thumbs up!

also jennifer morrison
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:25:10 AM »
How about some spoiler warnings?

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:26:58 AM »
I'm talking about your troops.

I wish there was a game where you create a base and build armies of Pugnates and send them off to die. It would be called "The Pugnate Massacre Game" and it will be the best game ever. I would buy it.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 10:34:10 AM »
I'm talking about your troops.

joke      /dʒoʊk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[johk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, joked, jok·ing.
–noun
1.   something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

I wish there was a game where you create a base and build armies of Pugnates and send them off to die. It would be called "The Pugnate Massacre Game" and it will be the best game ever. I would buy it.

So would my parents... and the rest of my family. :(

But not Jennifer Morrison.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 11:58:46 AM »
I hate you so much.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 12:33:57 PM »
You two should just make out or something. Honestly, everyone knows its just a matter of time at this point.

:-[

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »
I am too busy with Jen.