Author Topic: Think I am going to start playing again.  (Read 4667 times)

Offline shock

• Poster Child
Think I am going to start playing again.
« on: Sunday, April 15, 2007, 06:43:18 PM »
I bought BC, but never played it for more than like.. an hour.

I am trying to decide which character I want to level, though.

60 Mage (5/5 PVP blues)
60 Druid (couple PVP blues, basically crappy gear)
48 Paladin
20 Rogue (5/5 Defias set bitches!!)

I am leaning towards the Paladin.  How are druids fairing in BC?  I know they got buffed a lot at the beginning of BC, but before that, I got really tired of my druid in the end game (healbot).  Are feral druids more of a possibility this time around?  Do mages still kick ass in PvP?  What about paladins?
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Think I am going to start playing again.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 15, 2007, 06:53:01 PM »
I've been planning on returning to the game as well.  The semester is almost over (4 exams to go!) and I'll be graduating in June (well, technically graduating after my exams are done, but convocation is June), and just generally thinking about playing again.

I'm hearing that the game is kinda boring nowadays though and that a lot of people are starting to leave.  At least, on Kel'Thuzad it's like that.

I've got a level 60 mage, a level 60 priest, and a level 24 rogue.  I probably plan on leveling my mage and then my rogue, if I do go back to the game... not sure though.

Oh, and check out this 'rant' on paladins.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 15, 2007, 07:13:21 PM »
That's pretty funny.  I liked my pally, though.  I used her like crazy when it was just Sy, myself, and Idol.  A lot of healing was absolutely necessary when you tried to 3-man stuff you weren't supposed to.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 15, 2007, 07:39:53 PM »
Haha!  Great post.  Looks like the same problems are still plaguing Paladins.  Haha.

And yeah, I have heard that a lot of people are leaving nowadays too.  That said, I think the fact that I took such a long break will make it exciting for a little bit at least.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 04:36:58 AM »
LOL ippi... Man I didn't expect to come into this thread and get a big laugh.

I need a link to that post.

That's pretty funny.  I liked my pally, though.  I used her like crazy when it was just Sy, myself, and Idol.  A lot of healing was absolutely necessary when you tried to 3-man stuff you weren't supposed to.

hehe in the context of this thread that sounds dirty.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 07:16:10 AM »
No it doesn't, Pug.  You just have a dirty mind.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 11:53:45 AM »
:(

W7RE

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »
Actually, that paladin post is pretty old, I remember reading it long before the expansion came out.

Druids are amazing at 70. Ferla ones at least, I can't really comment much on other druid specs. My guild has 2 active druids. they were both healing specced at 70. One is Tree of Life specced, and the other is feral. He's one of our main tanks for our raids, which includes Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Megtheridon's Lair, and Serpentshrine Cavern (which we're halfway through).

The feral druid backstabs harder than me, sinister strikes hard than me, eviscerates harder than me, stunlocks better than me, has more effective stealth than me, and can switch out a few pieces of gear and become a tank with more armor than any warrior and 15k+ hit points. If things get sticky in pvp he can just switch to travel form and run. The moment he's out of combat he can instantly shift into flight form and be gone. In the upcoming patch he'll get his epic speed flight form.

Warriors are also pretty insane at 70. They still tank great, that's not really any different. In PvP they are borderline overpowered though. All they need is 1 healer and they will destroy things. The average level 70 rogue has about 8k life, and I have 10k, plus 150ish resilience, yet the average warrior seems to 3-4 shot me. Combine their white attacks with their styled attacks and a warrior in melee range seems to do mage-like burst damage.

Rogues, when not fighting a feral druid or warrior, own face at 70. I'm still enjoying mine a lot, even after playing rogue since the release of the game.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 03:50:17 PM »
I so want to get my feral to 70 now. Stop tempting me.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 04:34:48 PM »
I've been playing for a few months now. Just a little here and there, nothing excessive. I get the impression that people think if you play WoW you are either hardcore or don't play at all. Are there no casual players (other than me)?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 04:46:58 PM »
For some reason...I'm either hardcore or not playing. Thats just the way I am with that game.

W7RE

« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 04:52:01 PM »
I've been playing pretty much non stop since release. Every so often I get bored or feel like I'm playing a gimp class,a nd I level an alt or something. For a while I thought I might actually make my paladin my main and just pvp on my rogue, but by the time I got the pally to 70 I missed the rogue.

Now I'm kinda of working on a warrior alt. He's 23 now.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 04:57:18 PM »
What server are you on? I have about 3-4 chars around that level on various servers.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 05:03:37 PM »
Thanks W7RE.  Good to hear that Druids are still holding their own.  I really love my Druid.  It was my first 60.  I am going to have fun getting her to 70 over the next little while. :)

And I, too, and guilty of either playing the game CONSTANTLY or just not playing at all.  To me, it isn't one of those games that you can just play for half an hour here and there.  I am either hardcore instant'ing/PvP'ing or I get bored.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 05:12:37 PM »
The game's a time sink.  You have to devote time into it in order to get anything done.  That's why it's really hard to be a casual player in WoW.  It's possible, but then you're likely to do everything by yourself, since you have to devote a couple of hours to do an instance run or something like that.

W7RE

« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 06:02:53 PM »
What server are you on? I have about 3-4 chars around that level on various servers.

I play on Arthas, horde side. Any alts that I actually spend time on are there.

I still have a 58 warlock left on Garithos from before I trasferred to Arthas, but I almost never play him.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 06:22:13 PM »
The game's a time sink.  You have to devote time into it in order to get anything done.  That's why it's really hard to be a casual player in WoW.  It's possible, but then you're likely to do everything by yourself, since you have to devote a couple of hours to do an instance run or something like that.

You're very right, I considered myself casual and I know people who are raids are well out of our reach unless you come across a guild that'll do a sort of PUG run. My mate was in a guild that would invite you to raid the second you came on and ask in general to fill into the few gaps - it seemed to work ok but he was often screwed over when it came to loot. The whole looting thing gets messy in raids like that.
Instances aren't so bad even if you've got 2 hours free but the BRD stuff was about as end game as I ever got.  :(

I'm tempted to get back into it but I uninstalled the game some time ago and I don't have the CDs anymore - their scratched all to hell.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 06:30:33 PM »
Lucky (or unlucky) for me I'd have to go buy the expansions plus a 2 month time card to get playing again. So that keeps me from going back. Hopefully I never find the expansion on clearance....

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 08:22:27 PM »
You're very right, I considered myself casual and I know people who are raids are well out of our reach unless you come across a guild that'll do a sort of PUG run. My mate was in a guild that would invite you to raid the second you came on and ask in general to fill into the few gaps - it seemed to work ok but he was often screwed over when it came to loot. The whole looting thing gets messy in raids like that.
Instances aren't so bad even if you've got 2 hours free but the BRD stuff was about as end game as I ever got.  :(

I'm tempted to get back into it but I uninstalled the game some time ago and I don't have the CDs anymore - their scratched all to hell.

You can actually download the full copy online from Blizzard if you still have your account.  Then you just have to get another monthly subscription and you are good to go.  I did that with the original and with BC because I was too lazy to put in the 17 CDs that it would take to install it from the disks.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 08:27:39 PM »
You could also buy the demo disc for $2 thats available anywhere and install it from the DVD, then patch up.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 16, 2007, 11:55:05 PM »

You can actually download the full copy online from Blizzard if you still have your account.  Then you just have to get another monthly subscription and you are good to go.  I did that with the original and with BC because I was too lazy to put in the 17 CDs that it would take to install it from the disks.

ah crap... why'd you tell me that for  ???
I had my nice little reason all lined up and my life back....  :(