Author Topic: FEAR 2  (Read 20659 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
FEAR 2
« on: Tuesday, June 05, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »
As we all know, F.E.A.R. Brand Name isn't owned by The Lith. they own the characters and everything in the universe.

Well, The Lith are having a contest. They want you to pitch in ideas for the name of their sequel to their F.E.A.R. game.

And yes, there are prizes for the finalists.

F.E.A.R. S.E.Q.U.E.L. P.L.A.N.S. [June 05, 2007, 10:21 am ET] - 36 Comments
The Name Your Fear Website offers the "Name the sequel to F.E.A.R. contest," which should ease any fears that there would be no follow up to Monolith's scary first-person shooter (thanks IGN) as they seek a name, or perhaps acronym, for the sequel. Once one convinces the site's virtual bouncer they are of age, the following explanation can be found:

Monolith is excited to offer our loyal community the unique opportunity to name the sequel to F.E.A.R.! We will be accepting name submissions from June 4th, 2007 to June 22nd, 2007. Submissions will be narrowed down to 3 finalists who will receive an all-expense paid trip to Monolith to meet the development team and tour our facilities. Additionally, each of the 3 finalists will have their name and likeness included in the game! Once the 3 finalists have been chosen, voting will be open to the public from July 23rd, 2007 to July 27th, 2007 to let our fans decide the name that will take this exciting franchise to the next level.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 26, 2010, 11:34:14 AM by MysterD »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Monolith's "F.E.A.R." Sequel Contest -- Name That Sequel!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 05, 2007, 01:58:13 PM »
Yea I read about this earlier, but didn't post because I didn't want to take away your fun. :P

When I tried the official site, the link was down.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 05, 2007, 07:03:45 PM »
I might have to give that a shot.  I'd really just like to see Monolith's offices and such.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 05, 2007, 08:02:06 PM »
I might have to give that a shot.  I'd really just like to see Monolith's offices and such.

Amen to that.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 08, 2007, 07:41:30 PM »
I was thinking "Planet Terror" would be a good name for Lith's F.E.A.R. 2, but that's been done somewhere before.... ;)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 09, 2007, 08:06:00 AM »
If F.E.A.R. was about cheese, then sure.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 09, 2007, 09:03:13 AM »
I don't know, but this Acronymn's a good one.... ;)

H.O.L.Y.S.H.I.T. -
Hostile Ops of Legitimate secrecY on Sensitive Horrors of Impossible Terrors

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 09, 2007, 04:51:46 PM »
2 Fast 2 FEARius

Offline wizall

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 09, 2007, 05:05:51 PM »
FEAR 2: Fear Harder

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 09, 2007, 05:38:22 PM »

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 09, 2007, 05:58:55 PM »
FEAR 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
|

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 10, 2007, 04:43:11 AM »
S.E.A.R.
(Second Encounter Assault Recon)

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 10, 2007, 06:27:25 AM »
FEAR 2: Odin's Fear
|

Offline wizall

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 10, 2007, 11:00:21 AM »
F.E.A.R. Part II: Fiery Bowel Movement.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 11, 2007, 12:14:25 PM »
T.B.K.T.R.S.W.H.T.C.U.W.S.N

Those bitches kept the rights so we have to come up with something new.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 06, 2007, 07:56:29 PM »
Interview w/ The Lith on their new FEAR Sequel

Embrace Your New F.E.A.R.
Monolith discusses the search for a new name, the evolution of Alma, and the return of the almighty Penetrator.
by Hilary Goldstein

August 6, 2007 - Today, Warner Bros. announced that it -- along with Monolith Productions -- had narrowed the names for the sequel to F.E.A.R. down to three choices. Due to legal mumbo jumbo, Monolith (the folks who brought you last year's sensational F.E.A.R.) can't use the name for its sequel. However, the developer is still able to set the sequel in the same universe and with everyone's favorite creepy girl, Alma.

After a lengthy selection process, the final three names have been chosen: Dark Signal, Dead Echo, and Project Origin. Head on over to nameyourfear.com to cast your vote. You have until midnight, August 10 to submit your pick. The winning name will be announced shortly after the poll closes.
Cool.

We spoke with Troy Skinner, a producer at Monolith, about not only the naming process, but what we can expect from the sequel to F.E.A.R. While Monolith wants to keep things under wraps a bit longer, Skinner did talk a bit about Alma's evolution, creating more diverse environments, and the return of the Penetrator. And, of course, we also discussed the Name Your F.E.A.R. contest and why the three finalists stood out.
Okay.

IGN: Can you give us a little teaser set-up for the sequel to F.E.A.R.?
Skinner: It starts 30 minutes before the end of the first game. Your unit knows all hell is breaking loose somewhere in the city, but doesn't know any details about Alma, the battalion of Replica soldiers on the loose, etc. Your team is assigned to a seemingly routine mission, when Alma is released, the city is leveled and the effects of Alma's increasing power are felt.
Ahhhh, so it won't be after Extraction Point....

IGN: So Alma is back. Can you tell us anything about her involvement in the new game?
Skinner: When we started the universe we made a conscious decision to have it revolve around the antagonist's development, rather than the protagonist's development. So, Alma's release from her containment chamber has a radical effect on the world. I don't want to get into the particulars of the way she manifests in the new game, but she is central to the story-line, and has definitely evolved since the first game.
Sweet.

IGN: A lot of the story in F.E.A.R. was in the periphery and had to be sought out by players. Will you keep this same tactic for the sequel?
Skinner: We will hint at key elements of the story, long before we come out and explicitly tell the player what's happening. So, it's not like we are trying to keep things on the periphery, as much as we want an evocative story with some mystery, depth and unexpectedness to it. Our story is often presented in a subtle manner.
Good.

IGN: Atmosphere was a big part of the F.E.A.R. experience. Can we expect that same balance of horror and action? And what's your philosophy behind the blending of those two elements?
Skinner: We think the elements work very well together so we will be striking the same fundamental balance between horror and action, but a key aspect of our universe is Alma's development. Now that she has been freed from the containment chamber, the ways in which she can affect the world are quite different than in the first game. So there will be some development in the horror delivery that I don't want to spoil for people.
More destruction, I hope....!

Skinner: We have always perceived close-quarters combat as the centerpiece of the game, and the horror as a secondary element that helps to set up future combat scenarios. Our combat is brutal, frenetic, and visually overwhelming. On the flip-side, the horror elements are moody, creepy and more evenly paced. The relationship between the two is that the horror elements are a palette cleanser that resets the player's emotional state, and allows the kinetic aspects of the next combat to land with more force.
Ok.

IGN: The original game didn't have a lot of variety in the environments, but you've said that won't be an issue in the sequel. When we're talking variety, does that mean we'll leave industrial areas or that there will be less corridor shooting and more open arenas?
Skinner: Yes and yes. Our action all takes place within a single city, so the environments are true to what can be found within its confines. We're not a game that will be traveling to the Arctic Circle, or Mt. Kilimanjaro. That said, there is obviously a lot of visual variation within a city, and our game will take advantage of that, and spend more time outdoors than the previous game.
Yay for more of a variety of areas and more open-arena areas, too!!!

IGN: Are the weapons from the original coming back? (Please, please bring back the Penetrator!)
Skinner: We didn't see the entirety of Armacham's arsenal in the first game, so we will be updating the weapon-set with some new entries. To make room for those new entries, some of the older weapons will need to be retired. As for the Penetrator - is that really the kind of weapon a highly-trained Delta operative would want to use in an intense close-quarters combat situation? Nailing people to walls? I guess it could come in handy…
I loved the Penetrator -- it better be back!

IGN: Does losing the rights to the name F.E.A.R. change anything significantly about the game? I guess I am asking this because many fans probably are a bit confused on the whole story. So, what impact, if any, does this have in designing the game?
Skinner: It has almost no impact. The only things it changes are the name of the game, and the name of the unit the player character is assigned to. We have the rights to every other aspect of the game universe. Alma is ours. The previous story-line is ours. Armacham is ours. The weapons are ours. Obviously, the development team is ours. The game-engine is ours. The AI expertise is ours. So the game we are making is the sequel to F.E.A.R. I think that people who loved the first game are going to instantly gravitate to what we are doing.
FEAR's AI rocked...
...I can't wait to see what Lith's FEAR Sequel will bring to the table w/ AI.

IGN: You have to find a new name for F.E.A.R. How involved is Monolith in the process?
Skinner: We are extremely involved in the process. Once we realized that we were leaving the F.E.A.R. name behind, it was Monolith's idea to have a name contest. From a creative standpoint the process of finding a name is driven by Monolith.
Cool.

IGN: Going into the contest, did you have an idea for the name or maybe type of name you were looking for? And if so has that informed your choices for the final three?
Skinner: We had a really good sense of what we were looking for. Beyond the essential legal considerations, like our ability to trademark the name, we favored things that were evocative of action/military themes, Asian-style horror, and fit into our conception of the game universe. Additionally, we wanted a name that was easy to say, easy to spell, and had a strong sound to it.
Okie.

IGN: Have you been surprised by any of the entries? Can you give us some examples?
Skinner: I don't think we were surprised by individual entries, as much as it really jumps out at us how much people love really exotic, over-the-top names. The team has been constantly joking about how certain names reminded us of 80's metal bands. Just off the top of my head, I remember names like "Lament: Spoils of the Reckless," "Drenched in Desecration," "Blood Geist" and "Burning Decay." There are literally hundreds of others that have that strong 'metal' feel.
Okie dokie.

IGN: What are some of the silliest (or dumbest) names that were sent in?
Skinner: It's actually extremely difficult to answer that question because ridiculous names came in so many forms. It was obvious that many contestants may have been less interested in winning the contest than in simply trying to come up with hilarious submissions. One thing that I will say is that we shouldn't have thought the public would act any differently than our own developers because many of the dumbest names submitted I have heard around the office for over a year. The first and most common form of mockery was, of course, the ridiculous acronym; among others, our fans suggested "S.C.A.R.E.D.," "A.F.R.A.I.D.," "C.H.U.C.K.N.O.R.R.I.S.," "M.e.a.t." and "S.A.U.S.A.G.E." (the fascination with food products was strange). Some of those avoiding acronyms were equally quirky, however; for example: "Little Miss Bloodshine," "Bloodbath Tycoon (for the mass market)," "Snake FIST," "Killdozer," and "N.O.L.F. 3."
LOL @ "C.H.U.C.K.N.O.R.R.I.S." as an acronymn name...
I wonder what the hell that would stand for....

Me, I could go for a NOLF 3 game to be made, myself.
I still need to finish NOLF 2.

IGN: Were any great names left behind? Could you tell us about a few and explain why they weren't chosen as finalists?
Skinner: It's hard to zero in on the best names that were not chosen. Another surprising aspect of the process is how little agreement there was at Monolith about what constitutes a "great name." For every name that had a strong support group, there were others on the team lined up against it. Just to throw out some names that had someone on the team advocating for them: "Rage," "Inhumane," "Aftermath," "Shroud," "Atrox," "Shattered." I could go on and on.
Okay.

IGN: Can you talk about the final three a bit, and maybe just explain why each was chosen as a finalist?
Skinner: First, we are confident that each of the three finalists would make a terrific name for our game and we are all excited to see what our fans decide. Here's a brief explanation of each of the names:

Dead Echo: Dead Echo is strong, clear and, from a narrative standpoint, very fitting for the game. It evokes catastrophic imagery while it also implies a blend of action, horror and unease.
Project Origin: A name taken from the disastrous Armacham program that created Alma. The terrible repercussions of Project Origin are only beginning to make themselves known in the sequel.
Dark Signal: An appropriate name for the sequel because Alma is emanating signals which the player can interpret through hallucinations and precognition. We can't elaborate on the appropriateness of the name without ruining the story, sorry.
Okay.

The next installment of Monolith's F.E.A.R., whatever it may be called, is expected in 2008 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.
I can't wait!!!

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Monolith's "F.E.A.R." Sequel Thread -- Interview w/ The Lith on FEAR Sequel
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 07, 2007, 02:16:28 AM »
Woah..  :o That sounds awesome.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Monolith's "F.E.A.R." Sequel Thread -- Interview w/ The Lith on FEAR Sequel
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 06, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »
Monolith's FEAR 2 will be titled PROJECT ORIGIN.

F.E.A.R. Sequel Titled [September 06, 2007, 11:30 am ET] - Viewing Comments
This press release announces Project Origin as the title for the F.E.A.R. sequel in the works at F.E.A.R. developer Monolith, not to be confused with F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate, which is the actual sequel (expansion, actually) to the first-person shooter. Here's word on the unofficial sequel:

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will publish Project Origin, the videogame sequel to the hit game F.E.A.R., developed by Monolith Productions for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows®. The name was chosen by the fans, as they submitted entries and then voted for the winning submission.

“Project Origin is the name we can stand behind since it was picked by the gaming community, and this game marks a new beginning for the franchise,” says Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “With the consoles and the PC, we’re dedicated to add a new game dynamic to the universe and build upon what the players loved about the original game.”

“Our team really enjoyed letting the fans drive the naming process, and we are excited to expand upon the work we began in the original game and establish Project Origin as a premier gaming franchise in its own right,” said Troy Skinner, Producer, Monolith Productions.

The sequel will continue the original game’s spine-tingling supernatural suspense story of an escalating paranormal crisis that threatens to destroy a major American city. At the center of the calamity is the mysterious Alma, whose rage against those who wronged her triggered a chain of events that have spiraled completely out of control. Now that she has free reign, the consequences will be unimaginable.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: PROJECT ORIGIN (a.k.a. Monolith's F.E.A.R. Sequel) Thread
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 06, 2007, 07:53:33 PM »
Snore.  All 3 names were stupid.  A combo of the first two, "Dead Signal", could have worked okay in my book, but these just reek of -- hey look, I put these two cool words that I think are cool together and look how cool it came out isn't itcoolomgwtf.  Well, except for Project Origin, which is just generic as all fucking get out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, September 06, 2007, 08:24:43 PM »
Snore.  All 3 names were stupid.  A combo of the first two, "Dead Signal", could have worked okay in my book, but these just reek of -- hey look, I put these two cool words that I think are cool together and look how cool it came out isn't itcoolomgwtf.  Well, except for Project Origin, which is just generic as all fucking get out.

Alma really defined herself as a character in F.E.A.R.

And from the interview w/ IGN, it really sounds like F.E.A.R. Sequel will revolve a lot around Alma, again.

Given all that, with The F.E.A.R. Sequel revolving so much around her, "Alma" itself would've probably fit just fine as a title for the F.E.A.R. Sequel.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 06, 2007, 09:47:49 PM »
Alma really defined herself as a character in F.E.A.R.

And from the interview w/ IGN, it really sounds like F.E.A.R. Sequel will revolve a lot around Alma, again.

Given all that, with The F.E.A.R. Sequel revolving so much around her, "Alma" itself would've probably fit just fine as a title for the F.E.A.R. Sequel.
Alma means "soul" or "spirit" in Spanish, so that gives it more backing as a title.

Whatever they call it I can't wait to see the actual content.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 07, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »
Alma means "soul" or "spirit" in Spanish, so that gives it more backing as a title.
Yep, it does. :)

Another reason the game should've been called "Alma."

Whatever they call it I can't wait to see the actual content.
Ditto.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #23 on: Friday, September 07, 2007, 03:04:23 PM »
+1 for D.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, September 08, 2007, 07:29:42 AM »
-1 for us? :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, September 22, 2007, 08:53:04 PM »
TRAILER released for Project Origin

First Project Origin Trailer Released

Game Trailers has the first gameplay trailer (taken from SpikeTV's GameHead TV show) from Project Origin, showing off the first public footage from the upcoming first person shooter sequel to 2005's F.E.A.R from developer Monolith and publisher Warner Bros. Interactive.

And if you missed the link in the quote so you can go DL the trailer, click here to download the TRAILER

EDIT:
I'm curious what Mr. Que thinks of the trailer, myself....
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 06:32:06 AM by MysterD »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: PROJECT ORIGIN (Monolith's F.E.A.R. Sequel) Thread -- Update: TRAILER Releas
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 08:07:19 AM »
Haven't even downloaded it yet.  Honestly, I don't really care that much.  I still haven't even played the FEAR expansion yet.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: PROJECT ORIGIN (Monolith's F.E.A.R. Sequel) Thread -- Update: TRAILER Releas
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 10:35:23 AM »
Haven't even downloaded it yet.  Honestly, I don't really care that much.
Really? Are you afraid it'll be too much like the original???

Personally, I am looking forward to it, myself.

One concern from the video -- looks like all that's there are indoor environments. I'd really like some outdoor environments w/ lots of space there, myself.

I still haven't even played the FEAR expansion yet.
Ditto. Hell, I ain't even picked that FEAR: Extraction Point (expansion) by Timegate, yet. I should, though. More FEAR = should be fun.

And I am looking forward to Timegate's upcoming FEAR: Perseus Mandate (stand-alone expansion).

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, September 23, 2007, 11:45:57 PM »
I played Extraction Point and it was so-so. Actually it had some pretty serious bugs too (which were not resolved). In certain areas the framerate would just drop drastically, even if your system was way ahead of the recommended reqs. I tried it on the low quality settings and it still happened. Weird.

I'm looking forward to Perseus Mandate and I'm glad it's standalone.

By the way is anyone else having DirectX 9 problems with FEAR? Every time I install it or FEAR Combat it alters my DirectX 9 even if it's newer than the version FEAR comes with. And for some retarded reason FEAR won't install if you choose not to install DX9.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: PROJECT ORIGIN (Monolith's F.E.A.R. Sequel) Thread -- Update: TRAILER Released
« Reply #30 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 02:57:38 AM »
I actually liked Extraction Point. I think it was just more of the same, but I enjoyed the art and I had just come off the crap fest that was Ep1 HL2.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: PROJECT ORIGIN Thread -- Update: 18 Minute DEMO Vid Released
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, October 06, 2007, 07:29:44 AM »
18 min demo video of this Project Origin.

And damn, does this look awesome...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: PROJECT ORIGIN Thread -- Update: 18 Minute DEMO Vid Released
« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 09:43:35 PM »
New preview from Next-Gen.Biz

It seems we’re going to have to because Alma, the last game’s enfant-terrible, is at it again. While not a prequel – its beginning overlaps FEAR’s explosive climax – Origin nonetheless focuses on Alma’s motives, history, and the storm that revolves around her. But you can stop worrying. Whatever you might think of its themes and plot, Monolith’s sequel seems no less incisive a shooter, and one with the resolve to avoid obvious pitfalls like squad-based combat.
Okay.

Investigating the carnage of FEAR, Delta operative Michael Becket faces more tactical, open combat than met his anonymous predecessor. Origin fancies itself as less of a cineaste, and is delving fully into its potential as a full-bore, near-future shootout, albeit with the same splendid bullet-time abilities as before. More or less all of the original enemies and villains have been dropped in favor of smarter, more capable ones, the mechs, particularly, powered up to exploit the larger environments. The co-operative powers of allied NPCs have also evolved beyond moving the occasional piece of furniture, but a “go there”, “on my way, sir” experience this is not.
I hope the environments are quite varied, too.

The mention of sandbox combat in which AI and player improvise tactics smacks deliciously of Stalker, and the enemies here, ranging from mangled hospital patients to armored soldiers, force you to exploit a greatly enhanced, newly procedural cover system.
Sounds like its taking some of the big elements from STALKER and GoW there.

That doesn’t preclude more fanciful weapons, the nail gun – more a galvanized stake gun – once again turning enemies into ornamental wall-hangings.
Nice!

Monolith believes its direction with Origin to have shifted thanks to the turmoil of bickering over rights and names, but the game suggests little of the sort. And nothing could be more reassuring. The notion of a FEAR that sticks to its guns while making them smarter and more powerful is tantalizing, to say the least, and its arrival on both console and PC should avoid the first game’s teething troubles, which saw its technical requirements hit levels not seen elsewhere for two years.
I wonder how the system requirements will turn out, myself...

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: PROJECT ORIGIN Thread -- Update: NEW Preview Added
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 10:08:43 PM »
Must have missed that video before... looks pretty awesome.  I really did enjoy FEAR... looking forward to this one.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: PROJECT ORIGIN Thread - Update: E3 Trailer is available now
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 05:49:44 AM »
Delayed until at least Q1 2009

Project Origin Delayed  [August 22, 2008, 10:46 pm ET] - Viewing Comments
Project Origin is now expected in the first quarter of 2009, a delay from its previously planned release later this year, reports IGN. They learned of the setback during a demo of Monolith's sequel to the horror-themed first-person shooter F.E.A.R., but no reason was supplied.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: PROJECT ORIGIN Thread - Update: Delayed until Q1 2009
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »
Wow, that's quite a delay.  I bet it misses Q1.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: PROJECT ORIGIN Thread - Update: Delayed until Q1 2009
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 09:53:48 AM »
Wow, that's quite a delay.  I bet it misses Q1.
I hope it don't miss Q1 2009.
But y'know, if they need the polish to make the game great, I say do it -- take the time needed to make it great.
We really don't need any more high-profile games coming out in Alpha or Beta states.

Me, I loved FEAR -- and I'm really looking forward to Project Origin.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: FEAR 2: Project Origin -- Update: Monolith gets the FEAR brand name back
« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 08, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »
Monolith and WB Games have bought the FEAR brand name back from Activision-Blizzard.
The game's official title is now -- FEAR 2: Project Origin.

Project Origin Renamed - F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin

Monolith Productions Inc. and WB Games Inc. are pleased to announce that we have purchased the F.E.A.R. name from Activision/Blizzard.  Monolith Productions, the creators of F.E.A.R., have been developing the true sequel to F.E.A.R. over the last two years under the community selected title, “Project Origin.”  With the name being returned home, the game will now be titled F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: FEAR 2: Project Origin -- Update: Monolith gets the FEAR brand name back
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 08, 2008, 06:30:09 PM »
So what happens to Perseus Mandate?