Author Topic: Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80's  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Schlotzky5

Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80's
« on: Tuesday, July 24, 2007, 11:56:06 PM »
I searched the old topics and found that there are a few guitar hero players out here. That is pretty much the only game I play on a daily basis anymore. I bought the new one on tuesday, but I'm too cheap to pay for rush shipping so it probably wont get here till thursday or friday. I also have an exam tomorrow morning in Dynamic Systems and Stability, but I'm staying up listening to the tracks instead of sleeping. I should probably get my priorities straight, but I really love guitar hero. I've 5 starred almost ever song in the first and second one. Also, my fraternity is throwing a party this thursday. For all our big bangers we have a few guys stay sober in case shit goes down. I volunteered to be sober so that I could play guitar hero all night instead of get tanked. Does that seem weird?

All this for a game thats getting ho-hum ratings from everywhere.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80's
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:16:29 AM »
The only Guitar Hero game I'm looking forward to is Guitar Hero III.   I hate a good percentage of 80's music, especially the tracks they picked for the game.  The new boss battles and the battle mode for Guitar Hero III look pretty cool, hopefully they put in a lot of good music choices as well.  Like I have said in several Guitar Hero topics, if they would make a metal version of Guitar Hero (not shitty 80's hair band metal either) I would probably be the happiest guy on earth.  From the video review I saw of the 80's version, it looks like Guitar Hero with a half ass 80's paintjob thrown on top of it and the fact that it only has 30 songs for full price is pretty lame too.

Offline Schlotzky5

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 06:10:59 AM »
The mere fact that Harmonix isnt developing the GH3 makes me not interested in it. I've been onboard with harmonix since the frequency days and now that its neversoft or whoever, I think theyre going to screw the pooch. I mean harmonix was recently bought by MTV and they never really put out any decent games so its gonna be a crap shoot between GH3 and Rock Band.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 06:17:05 AM »
Yeah, the lack of Harmonix worries me, but I too hate most 80's stuff... no interest in this at all.  I'd love an all-metal GH, but I doubt that's going to happen.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 10:40:48 AM »
Rock Band makes me moist.

In my special places.
|

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 03:56:31 PM »
80's edition was really underwhelming to me. The main problem was that it was too easy. Even the last tier was all beatable on the first try in expert mode. Guitar Hero 2 is better because it's harder, but one beats all because the songs are simply more fun to play.

Offline Schlotzky5

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 06:54:39 PM »
Damn, thats exactly what I didnt want to hear. I have all the songs and I like a lot of them. I was just hoping that they would be as hard if not harder than gh2. Plus I heard there are no bonus songs which means no Freezepop. The freezepop songs are some of my favorites.

Meh, I guess its good I only paid 25 bucks for it.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 09:40:39 PM »
The last couple tiers are at a good level.  They're hard enough not to get close to 100% on the first time through, so you can get a decent amount of replay out of those. The songs in the first three tiers though (I think, I only played it through once) are all really easy. It sounds like Guitar Hero 3 is going to be really, really hard. Hopefully they don't fuck it up so I can play. I only have a ps2 so Rock Band isn't an option.