Author Topic: Should have bought a mobo with onboard video  (Read 1539 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Should have bought a mobo with onboard video
« on: Friday, August 10, 2007, 12:16:58 AM »
my pc crashes like you wouldn't fucking believe.  I've had three different sticks of ram in there at different times, pulled the soundcard out, replaced the psu, and blown all the dust out of everything multiple times.  This has been going on for about a year.  It's been reformated multiple times and it all comes down to a hardware failure.  This basically leaves me with video card, mobo, or possibly one of the caches on the CPU being corrupted. 

I strongly believe it is video card related, and yet have no way to test it out.  I remember looking at motherboards when I bought this motherfucker a few years ago and thinking "when in the hell would I have a need for onboard video?  If my card breaks I'll buy a $50 one untill I get a good replacement."  I forgot the one situation where I'd need a free one.  Damn.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Should have bought a mobo with onboard video
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 10, 2007, 07:12:47 AM »
My PC has started to have some problems as well.  It's been refusing to start unless I power off and then power on my power supply.  I think it's power supply related :P but I won't buy a new one until my computer refuses to turn on period.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
Re: Should have bought a mobo with onboard video
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 03:01:22 PM »
Mine finally bit the dust when a small secondary fan on the mobo stopped working.  The system would work, but not under heavy load.  Hardware definitely has a finite lifespan.