Author Topic: NWN2: Mysteries Of Westgate - Update: Install limit removed (Reply 6)  (Read 2117 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
NWN2: Mysteries Of Westgate - Update: Install limit removed (Reply 6)
« on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 03:39:07 PM »
First premium module content for NWN2 has been announced.

NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate will be the module by Ossian Studios, who developed the NWN1: Darkness of Daggerford module.

Sticky: Atari Announce First NWN2 Adventure Pack Details!  [ 6 Comments  ]
Print News

Neverwinter Nights 2.FR have reported that Atari Europe have announced the imminent launch of their Neverwinter Nights 2 Adventure pack! This adventure pack will be available exclusively via digital download -so we're talking bigger in every way than Premium Modules folks! The first Adventure Pack is developed by Ossian Studios and titled "Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate" and offers 15 hours of gameplay set in the Forgotten Realms city of Westgate. With an all new storyline, professional voice acting, musical scores and new in game content, this sounds like it is going to be a smashing NWN2 adventure! Here is an excerpt:

Developed by Ossian Studios, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate is the first full featured Adventure Pack available from Atari. Set in the infamous Forgotten Realms city of Westgate, players find themselves in possession of a powerful but cursed treasure that threatens to destroy them. Linked to the underworld organization known as the Night Masks, the treasure will draw players into a city-spanning clash between warring factions. Players must choose their allegiance in order to break the curse and ultimately uncover a plot that threatens Westgate itself.

“Neverwinter Nights 2 and the influence of this phenomenal brand continues to grow through the tremendous work done by the committed and highly active fan community who have mastered Obsidian’s toolset to create deeply involving new adventures,” said Mathias Hautefort, Executive Vice President of publishing and production, Atari. “Our successful work with independent developer Obsidian in creating the original game is now being enhanced by our collaborative efforts with these highly talented and emerging studios such as Ossian Studios, and the result is nothing less than the fans would expect of Neverwinter Nights: high production values, engrossing storylines, and long, involving campaigns.”

From the creators of the critically-acclaimed Neverwinter Nights module, Darkness over Daggerford, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate will feature a non-linear, open-ended single-player campaign with numerous side quests covering more than 15 hours of game play. Atari’s new Adventure Pack will also feature 3 new companions; an entirely new underground sewers tile set themed after the seedy underbelly of Westgate; a host of new monsters to do battle with, including some truly epic foes; an exciting new and original musical score; as well as thousands of new lines of professionally recorded dialogue.

This is what appears to be the first of the Adventure Packs available via digital download, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate is scheduled for release in autumn 2007.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 08:34:58 PM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: NWN2: Mysteries Of Westgate -- First NWN2 Premium Module Announced
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 01:43:30 AM »
Cool! I'm glad they're sticking to Bioware's standards :)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 06:14:01 AM »
In Response To Xessive
I hope these Premium Mods get put on Disc for sale at retail stores -- like they did w/ NWN: Kingmaker (premium mod) b/c I really don't want to deal w/ DRM and Internet Checks for a SP Campaign, which is why I avoided these Premium Mods w/ NWN1.

New Interview w/ Ossian Studios on this Premium Mod
Interview talks about game length, new content, possibly similar Internet DRM for these things that was in NWN1's Premium Mods, etc etc
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 27, 2007, 07:07:00 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 30, 2008, 06:50:24 AM »
Even though the adventure is Done, it has been delayed.

There are currently data security issues w/ wrapping the entire game around the game's EXE file, namely.

This delay is probably so there isn't another MOB Issue data corruption upon the expansion's release, like what happened last time.

So, Atari and Ossian are working to get MoW out for Patch 1.13's upcoming release.

Hi everyone,

My name is Keehwan Her and I am the Atari producer for Mysteries of Westgate (MoW) among other D&D products. Most of you know that the release of Mysteries of Westgate has been delayed because of ongoing development of a new security system. Near the end of MoW’s development last year, we realized that the traditional protection of the .exe file would not work with it so we scrambled to find a reliable commercial method that would do the job. At the time, there was no solution that met our requirements. That is why, since the end of 2007, Atari has been working hard to develop a new security system that can be used not just for MoW but for all Atari products that need protection for data files without using the traditional route of wrapping the .exe file. Unfortunately, developing this system has taken longer than we anticipated and MoW’s release has suffered as a result, because it is the first product that will use this new system.

Atari has been working closely with Obsidian and Ossian to try to integrate the new system with NWN2 and MoW specifically. Although we wanted the security modifications to go out with Update 1.12, it simply was not ready in time so we unfortunately had no choice but to push it into Update 1.13.

I realize that many of you are anxious to get your hands on Mysteries of Westgate, and I know from firsthand experience that it is a fantastic adventure. MoW has been ready to ship for a while now and we are close to finalizing the new security system that will ensure that it has its proper day in the sun. In the meantime, we are working hard to keep cool information about the game coming.

Thank you,

-Keehwan

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: NWN2: Mysteries Of Westgate - Update: Game done, but DELAYED due to data iss
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 30, 2008, 10:41:57 PM »
Cool. I hope they pull it off alright; with none of the current patching issues.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: NWN2: Mysteries Of Westgate - Update: Game done, but DELAYED due to data issues
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 01:59:14 PM »
Install Limit on the DRM for this NWN2: MoW pack has been removed.
You still will have to activate the game online, though.

Mysteries of Westgate's DRM activation limit is removed!
Ossian Studios is pleased to announce that there is no longer a 3-activation limit on NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate. The activation limit has been removed by Atari after Ossian highlighted to them how many fans were not happy with it. You can now install MoW as many times as you like on your computer. Here are some quick facts about this change:

* Q: Do I still need to activate MoW to play?
      A: Yes. The DRM activation limit has been removed but you still need to activate MoW online for each new installation on your computer. After the one-time activation for each installation, you don’t need an Internet connection to play. Activation is necessary to prevent serial numbers from being posted to the web where hundreds or thousands of people can access it.

* Q: So, I don’t have to worry about changing my hardware and not being able to re-activate MoW?
      A: No. You can change the hardware configuration or operating system on your computer as often as you like and can re-activate MoW as many times as you like.

* Q: Is it okay if I install the game on more than one of my computers?
      A: Yes, that’s fine.

* Q: Are the MoW resources still encrypted?
      A: Yes, the MoW resource files are still encrypted. However, we have provided most of this content for free from the Mysteries of Westgate page on the NWVault:
      http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2ModulesEnglish.Detail&id=362