Author Topic: For the most part the metalheads were outbidding the art crowd  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
For the most part the metalheads were outbidding the art crowd
« on: Sunday, December 02, 2007, 11:29:56 AM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/12/02/celebrity.junk.ap/index.html

"We had Ozzy fans bidding against these sophisticated fine art buyers, which you don't see every day," said Darren Julien, whose company, Julien's Auctions, ran the charity sale Friday and Saturday. "For the most part the metalheads were outbidding the art crowd."

Why I posted this? I find it extremely sad. While the "art crowd" is probably just people so filthy rich that they use cash as toilet paper, those metal heads probably scraped together that money after years of moonlighting.

I've done my share of stupid spending, but for metal fans to be spending thousands of dollars on that stuff sounds more than a little crazy.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Re: For the most part the metalheads were outbidding the art crowd
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 02, 2007, 12:05:50 PM »
Haha! I have a hard time picturing some rich, old housewife with a cigarette holder bidding on Ozzy's coat.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: For the most part the metalheads were outbidding the art crowd
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 02, 2007, 01:18:17 PM »
Why do you assume metalheads are somehow more poor than anyone else?  They come from all walks of life, and there are plenty of them with enough money to spare for that sort of shit.  I wouldn't waste my own money on it, but hey, to each his own.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野