Author Topic: Oh fuck  (Read 2709 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Oh fuck
« on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 08:07:45 PM »
I went out to pick up some soda and on the way back a dear comes crossing right in front of me. I swerve violently and I think I hit his head... God I feel horrible now.  :(

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: Oh fuck
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 08:14:12 PM »
Don't feel bad. God put deer on this planet for us to kill. The real question is: did you finish the job?

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »
Well I checked the car and theres not dents or blood... thats a good sign right?

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »
Well if you hit a deer in the head there would probably be blood. So I guess it's a good sign. Plus if there wasn't a carcass behind your car as you drove off you probably didn't kill him.

I hit a cat once about 4 years ago in my neighborhood. I had 4 girls in the car at the time and they all started screaming. I wasn't really phased though because the cat was trying to commit suicide, plus I didn't actually kill it. But the moral of the story is: animals are stupid. Or, at least some of them are.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 10:29:26 PM »
Yeah, that sucks.  Hopefully you missed it.  There was only one time that I think I ran over something, but I still can't be sure because I didn't see anything behind me when I drove away... but I swear I felt the car jolt.  What sucked was it was a skunk (sure, they smell, but skunks can actually be really mellow, and if they have those glands removed and get used to people, they're quite friendly... like a less hyper ferret or something), but it wasn't just the one, it was an adult and all of its kids.  I felt so horrible... but since I didn't see any behind me I still tell myself they were okay.  But man, my fucking car smelled for like a week.  They shot the underside of it even if they didn't get squished, and it took some fortitude to endure.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »
When I was in high school, a deer with a badly broken leg limped into our backyard. My mom had to call the sheriff's department to shoot it, and I got to dispose of the body.

On a side note, sheriff's officers have terrible aim.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 10:43:43 PM »
I got chased by a skunk once. True story. I think that I was near its den or something. It was 3 in the morning and I was pretty intoxicated. My friends thought that it was hilarious.

But other than that, I have heard that skunks are nice animals.

Wind: Did you eat the meat?

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »
I put it somewhere out of the way and let the vultures do the rest.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 01:47:43 AM »
Well I checked the car and theres not dents or blood... thats a good sign right?

That's good.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 04:43:23 AM »
If it survived the impact it could have sustained an internal injury which may kill it later.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 06:51:28 AM »
Dr.Xessive.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 07:00:54 AM »
Dr.Xessive.
Hehe thank you, thank you very much. I nearly became a vet :P

Seriously though, it could seem like nothing at first but the damage is just delayed.

Pyro, I wouldn't worry about it. Spiritually, if it was bound to die then there's nothing you could have done to change that. You were simply fate's tool. If it did survive then yipee, it gets to frolic on to the road and tease death another time.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 07:03:05 AM »
Let's not talk about death written in destiny. :P

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 07:18:54 AM »
Let's not talk about death written in destiny. :P
It is written in The Necronomicon! Which, as I recall, Ash managed to fetch and unintentionally unleash the Army of Darkness from!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 10:45:21 AM »
Way to deflect that bullet.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 11:29:10 PM »
Way to deflect that bullet.
I don't like to mess with what other people believe (except Scientologists), that's their personal choice, however the Evil Dead must be stopped!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 11:37:30 PM »
Fine I'll start it.

How can human beings have freedom of choice if the script of their death is written?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 18, 2008, 11:53:58 PM »
Fine I'll start it.

How can human beings have freedom of choice if the script of their death is written?
What does that have to do with freedom of choice? Quite often the way you die is not necessarily your choice. Even suicidees have bloopers.

The way I see it (spiritually) is you have an alotted time to do whatever the heck you want then you die. Birth and death are just checkpoints, what you accomplish in between is what matters. It doesn't matter if it's "true" or not, it lets me sleep at night and it keeps me feelin' alright about any good that I do.

I try to keep high spirits in matters of death, especially a death in my family. We mourn, we pray, and we hope they're in a better place.

I recall when our first cat (our current cat's mother) died, we were sad. What happened was my dad had accidentally locked her out on the balcony, it was windy, and she ended up falling 10 storeys down. Do I blame my dad? No! He didn't kill her. Shit happens. You deal with it.

On the other hand, when it was announced that my uncle was shot in Lebanon we were ready to hunt down and hang the SOB who shot him.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 12:01:19 AM »
Well if your death is written, that means everything else is written, because everything is connected. If that is so, then why do anything at all? Also what if you were murdered? Then that means that it was the killer's destiny to kill? Then why punish him?

Also for some reason your cat example made me laugh.. that's a horrible way for a cat to die.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 12:18:39 AM »
Well if your death is written, that means everything else is written, because everything is connected. If that is so, then why do anything at all? Also what if you were murdered? Then that means that it was the killer's destiny to kill? Then why punish him?
That's beauty of it, we craft our own destiny. Whether we believe or not, we're the ones who 'write' our destiny when we make a decision, every choice has consequences we might not perceive at the time we make it.

Also for some reason your cat example made me laugh.. that's a horrible way for a cat to die.

HEhe I know, it seems trivial but it was a life. She was an awesome cat.