Author Topic: WTF, stuck in Conker  (Read 3451 times)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
WTF, stuck in Conker
« on: Saturday, March 22, 2008, 08:42:59 PM »
I never finished Conker when I got it a few months ago, so I decided to start over. I'm stuck on the giant shit monster. I throw the corn to him, throw the toilet paper in his mouth while he's singing, and he sings loud enough to break the glass that's keeping me from flushing him.

BUT I can't get past the glass, even though it's broken. I've been to like 5 different walkthroughs, and they all just say go on now that the glass is broken. I'm either missing something obvious, or I've run into some rare bug.

EDIT: nm, that dumb shit has to sing and break the glass twice, which none of the guides seem to mention.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 22, 2008, 09:03:31 PM by W7RE »

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: WTF, stuck in Conker
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 22, 2008, 09:17:59 PM »
I...am...a giant ball of poo, and I'm going to throw my shit at you...

Great game. The multiplayer was excellent as well, though it ran a little slow on the 64.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 22, 2008, 09:46:09 PM »
This game is kicking my ass tonight. :(

First the giant poo monster and the glass, and now one of those snooty ass female fish keeps getting stuck on geometry while following me.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 04:44:04 AM »
It's been too long since I've played.  I can't remember broken glass in the shit-monster fight at all.  I had a blast with that game.  No major tech issues that I remember.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 05:52:35 AM »
That game was a great send-off to the N64.

Has Rare done anything worthwhile since?  There was Star Fox Adventures, which was ok but not great.  Was their Xbox stuff any good?  I played Perfect Dark Zero and thought it was horrible.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 06:42:39 AM »
Isn't another Banjo-Kazooie installment supposed to come out?  Maybe that's another DNF (as in "Duke Nukem Forever" and the better-known meaning).

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 02:00:09 PM »
You know I never really played this.  Maybe I'll pick up the xbox remake at some point.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »
While you're fighting the poo monster you throw toilet paper into his mouth a couple times and he sings loud, breaking the glass that hides a wad of cash and a giant flusher. What got me was that once the glass breaks, you have to go back towards the side of the room where you first entered and find another context sensitive pad to throw TP from, and make him sing loud again. I think I spent a half hour trying to jump through the big holes in the glass before I realized I needed to break it more.

I'm playing through the Xbox version. I got it last september around my birthday, but never finished it. Looking at their site's game history, it looks like Conker was the last really good game they put out. I haven't heard much about Viva Pinata, but I heard PD: Zero and Kameo were bad. I bought Starfox Adventures. It was ok, but nothing amazing.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 05:13:45 PM »
Zero and Kameo were fine, they just weren't super amazing.  People are overly critical of both, which is probably just because most of their previous games were a fair bit better.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 05:40:14 PM »
Zero and Kameo were fine, they just weren't super amazing.  People are overly critical of both, which is probably just because most of their previous games were a fair bit better.

Yea, same with Starfox Adventures. It was a decent game, but nothing spectacular. Add to that the fact that a lot of people were pissed because they wanted another shooter, and the general opinion appears to be that it's trash.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 05:42:07 PM »
I heard from here as well as someone in person that Viva Pinata is actually really good.  It's just that it's not for everybody.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 07:36:25 PM »
I bought Starfox Adventures for 3 bucks the other day. Its pretty damn boring. Its a good looking game, and its technically well done. But it is boring as hell.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 08:14:36 PM »
I bought Starfox Adventures for 3 bucks the other day. Its pretty damn boring. Its a good looking game, and its technically well done. But it is boring as hell.

I bought it when it was brand new, and even went around to mutiple stores to find a place that had the survival kit to come with it.

I got about 7 hours logged into the game before getting bored enough to quit. I do that with most games though, so I didn't really think much of it. I did the same with Conker and Ratchet & Klank, both games that I love.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 11:23:10 PM »
I heard from here as well as someone in person that Viva Pinata is actually really good.  It's just that it's not for everybody.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly it.  And, unfortunately, the 360 version was a bit buggy in spots.  Not generally a huge problem, but it could muck things up in the right (wrong?) circumstances.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 02:50:37 AM »
The image I see is "Image Hosted by tripod".

Kameo was the first 360 game I played, and I was impressed.  I liked it pretty well.  I played Starfox Adventures, and it was not great, but I did stick with it.  Viva Pinata didn't do much for me.  It seemed a lot more like work than fun.  I got to a point where I had to spend all my time preventing bad things from happening, and that's where I quit.  PD Zero seems OK, but I haven't finished it.  It didn't really grab me.

Edit:  Banjo-Kazooie 3 is real vaporware.  If it happens, it may not be till next year.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 24, 2008, 03:12:05 AM »
The image I see is "Image Hosted by tripod".

It was a picture of all the stuff that came in the Starfox Adventures Survival Kit. The image worked for a while at least.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 29, 2008, 07:28:20 AM »
A quick followup to my own post on B-K 3:

"Barring the coming of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, you should be playing Banjo 3 before the end of the year (providing you buy the game, that is)"

1UP story

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 11:05:35 PM »
Well I managed to get a hold of this through a small ordeal. I bought it at Gamecrazy and K-Man and I took it back to his place and he wanted to try it out. So we put it in and find out that its not the actual game, just a demo disc, then we looked at the disc and saw that in very small print it said indeed it was a demo disc. So somebody made out with that deal... for 5 whole dollars, yea the trade-in value there for that game is 5 bucks. I took it back and they didnt have another copy, but a friend there said he had an addition copy of the game so I bought it off him for cheaper. Ive always wanted to check it out.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 11:20:57 PM »
I played a demo of the Xbox version and it looks really nice.  I'll probably pick it up off ebay or something one of these days.

On a side note, BK 3 has been see in the wild.  It looks .... kind of lame.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 19, 2008, 11:35:32 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of, after seeing some footage.  It doesn't even look like a platformer, more like something to tinker around with.  Then some Rare guy opened his mouth recently about games getting shorter to cater to gamers with less time on their hands, and that's one too many red flags for me to pick up anything Rare does before a battery of in-depth reviews.

Edit:  Here is an interesting read about the game.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 12:01:18 AM by Cobra951 »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 01:06:26 AM »
Troublesome indeed.  Rare hasn't been great since the N64 days, and even then I think a lot of it was just a total lack of competition (you know, not counting the stellar first party game that would come out every 8 months).  I don't think they've entirely gone downhill, more like people expect too much from them.  This, however, is somewhat disturbing.