Author Topic: Can someone with Xbox Live give me a hand?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Can someone with Xbox Live give me a hand?
« on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 06:37:29 PM »
The short version: I need someone with to download the "Music Mixer PC Tool" software installation file from -->HERE<-- and host it or send it to me.

------------------

The long version
I have Xbox Music Mixer for my old Xbox. I bought it cheap a while ago just to transfer music from my PC to my Xbox. You need the software from xbox.com to transfer the files, and that requires you to sign into your Windows Live ID, and have an Xbox Live Gamertag associated with it.

I bought a year of Live, then moved, may have changed the address for it, cancelled the subscribtion, and then moved again. I can't remember the phone number and address for it, so I can't associate my Gamertag with my Live account.

I just got off the phone with some thick accented customer service rep who left me with these facts:
1. My original Gamertag "Wyre" is still reserved with my name/info (good news for my future Live endeavers)
2. I can't access it unless I buy a new subscribtion to Live and activate it
3. If I associate another Gamertag with my Windows Live ID, I won't be able to use my old Gamertag anymore

#3 could have just been him correcting himself about #1, I'm not sure. I'd like to hold onto my old Gamertag for future use if possible though. W7RE would be confising in a voice based system like Live, and I don't want to be Wyre0192 or something.

So if someone already has a Live account and has associated with their Windows Live ID, could they be so kind as to help me out by grabbing the installation file and sending it to me, pretty please? ;D

TheOtherBelmont: Do you still have my phone number and/or address from my apartment in Phoenix? I think that's the info connected to my old Gamertag.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 06:59:54 PM by W7RE »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Can someone with Xbox Live give me a hand?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 07:04:32 PM »
Nevermind. I got my brother to setup a new Gamertag with his Windows Live ID and get the file. It's digitally signed, so I can't transfer it over to my computer over our network. :(

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Can someone with Xbox Live give me a hand?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 07:24:09 PM »
I PMed you our old address in Phoenix if you still need it.